• Last Updated:
  • Feb 23rd, 2021 4:52 pm
[OP]
Aug 25, 2005
600 posts
33 upvotes
Mississauga

Basement Wall Crack Leak

About 30 years ago we had a crack in the basement wall which let water in. The builder fixed it with an injectable material.
Now it is leaking again and this time I would like to fix from the outside but this will have to wait until another month
In the meantime, is it possible to redo the injectable stuff and if can you recommend a company/person who does this work
Thank you in advance
16 replies
Deal Fanatic
Oct 16, 2008
7979 posts
2671 upvotes
Maple
For now you can use injection for the inside, fix the outside when weather allows.
[OP]
Aug 25, 2005
600 posts
33 upvotes
Mississauga
teoconca wrote: For now you can use injection for the inside, fix the outside when weather allows.
Please recommend someone who can do this for me
Deal Fanatic
Mar 17, 2004
5211 posts
626 upvotes
exrcoupe wrote: I used this company to do exterior basement waterproofing. https://www.aquatechwaterproofing.ca/ They did a good job and those guys worked hard!
I also used these guys about 5 years ago. It was around $1300 for a 6 foot area that they hand dug. They did a good job. I wouldn't be surprised if it costs a bit more now. It's been 5 years
Deal Addict
Apr 26, 2003
1411 posts
568 upvotes
Oni-kun wrote: I also used these guys about 5 years ago. It was around $1300 for a 6 foot area that they hand dug. They did a good job. I wouldn't be surprised if it costs a bit more now. It's been 5 years
I had to do 73 linear feet, so that gives you an idea at the cost. It hurt, but a flooded basement and water damage would be more painful in the long run. Luckily, we had space for them to bring in a small backhoe, so the job went much quicker and it was cold too (Nov).
Feb 4, 2018
23 posts
9 upvotes
exrcoupe wrote: I used this company to do exterior basement waterproofing. https://www.aquatechwaterproofing.ca/ They did a good job and those guys worked hard!
We used this company in 2018 for exterior foundation waterproofing that required all hand digging. They were amazing--and yes, they worked very hard. I was in awe, and humbled by their work ethic.
Deal Guru
Mar 13, 2004
11152 posts
2913 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
Do you have any gutters or built up snow in the area outside? if so get it away from the house (extend gutters or remove snow) fill the crack in from the inside if you like but get it properly fixed from the outside in the spring as its just going to get worse. The builder should of fixed it properly from the outside in the beginning but they cheaped out as usual.
fhirji wrote: About 30 years ago we had a crack in the basement wall which let water in. The builder fixed it with an injectable material.
Now it is leaking again and this time I would like to fix from the outside but this will have to wait until another month
In the meantime, is it possible to redo the injectable stuff and if can you recommend a company/person who does this work
Thank you in advance
0_o
<_<
>_>
Sep 21, 2005
120 posts
13 upvotes
OP I am also in the same boat as you - builder fixed with injection 15 years ago and now it is leaking again. I am going the exterior waterproofing route and getting quotes at the moment. One company says it can start working in a few weeks in Toronto.
[OP]
Aug 25, 2005
600 posts
33 upvotes
Mississauga
sickcars wrote: Do you have any gutters or built up snow in the area outside? if so get it away from the house (extend gutters or remove snow) fill the crack in from the inside if you like but get it properly fixed from the outside in the spring as its just going to get worse. The builder should of fixed it properly from the outside in the beginning but they cheaped out as usual.
I did that yesterday - no water today. I hope it stays dry inside until spring.
Nov 27, 2020
64 posts
274 upvotes
James Stonehenge wrote: Rcc
Yeah, RCC if you have more money than brains. They quoted my 4X more than the second highest quote to waterproof my basement. I actually laughed at the guy when he gave the number it was so ridiculous. Maybe they use gold leaf as a membrane.