Black Friday & Cyber Monday Discussion Archive

[Bath and Body Works] Thought I got a great deal, then..

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 29th, 2021 11:23 am
Tags:
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2002
1475 posts
230 upvotes

[Bath and Body Works] Thought I got a great deal, then..

On Black Friday I decided to check out Bath and Body works as a few family members wanted some candles and other things.

Summarizing what I thought was a great deal and then not so much.

On BF, they had a buy 3 get 3 free on everything in the store. Thought to myself oh this is great let's stock up on body products for gifts (mist, moisturizer) so bought 3 at $47 got 3 free ($7.75/each after promo) Did not purchase any 3 wick candles as it seemed expensive (without me doing the math, 'doh) would have been 26/each or $78/6 candles = $13/ea after promo. Even better if I had a $10 off coupon but no luck there with the newsletter signup.

On Sunday I was at the mall again and they had a buy 3 for $26, or a buy 6 for $36 on body products, and $10 off 3 wick candles. Body products would be $6/each (-$1.75 than BF ) and the candles would be $16/each (+$3 more than BF)

Today, they have a 40% off everything.. Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes

To be honest this is pricing confusion at it's best. With the rush, wife and newborn with me on Friday, and seeing people shoveling goods into their wicker baskets made me buy, just not the right items.

The BF promo buy 3 get 3 was best for the candles, but not for the body products.
The Sunday buy 6 for $36, and $10 off candles was best for body products, but not candles.
The 40% off sale today makes the candles $15.6/ea so cheaper than Sunday but not as good as BF.

I know I could go and return the items anytime but wanted to share the lesson learned that the deals on BF may not be the "best" one for everyone. I suspect BBW wanted to capitalize on the BF rush, and then extend slightly better pricing on the weekend.
1 reply
Dec 16, 2017
143 posts
273 upvotes
ottawa
lots of this going on. And I mean LOTS.

I'm also noticing a lot of sales happening today. Meaning they did a head fake that there were basically no BF sales, and when people caved and bought stuff at full price of 15% off... only after do they drop the 30%+ saving.

Not really sure what the point of this is. All they are doing is making consumers angry with them as people aren't stupid... they know they got tricked.