• Last Updated:
  • Jun 19th, 2021 12:16 am
Tags:
Mar 23, 2013
161 posts
87 upvotes
Toronto

Bath fixtures

Any places folks recommend for deals ? Looking for black/gold faucets/showers for bathrooms and the kitchen.

Bath Depot
York Taps

Does brand matter or is construction more important?

I purchased black Moen faucets from HD for our current home and was surprised at the plastic easy connect fittings they used. Made the install easy, but longevity is a real head scratcher. The black paint has already started to peel off after 2 months.
8 replies
Deal Fanatic
Dec 4, 2009
9333 posts
5628 upvotes
Recently bought a bunch of stuff from Bath Emporium in Markham. They're pretty competitive on price, I found 1 fixture elsewhere for less and they marched it. Decent selection too.

You're not going to find higher end stuff priced dramatically differently at different stores, in my experience. And you're going to pay a premium for black/gold fixtures. We bought those too.
"I'm a bit upset. I've been grab by the back without any alert and lubrification"
Lucky
Mar 23, 2013
161 posts
87 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks - any particular brands you recommend ?

What about Wayfair?
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2016
1562 posts
541 upvotes
Vaughan
i bought mine from https://www.torontovanity.com/

they sell pretty modern stuff at fairly competitive prices. I pretty much bought all my bathroom fixtures including the tub, rainfallshower, faucets, etc. from here. It's been 2 years and working great without issues. However, I went with chrome. not sure how well black matte finishes last but i suspect calcium build up will make it harder to clean
Dec 29, 2019
304 posts
162 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
I got a bunch of faucets off wayfair at open box pricing.

Like originally $300 champagne bronze (gold) vessel sink height faucets for $70 and $90 each. Same with a kitchen sink faucet for $190 instead of whatever the original price was. Kraus brand.

They were practically brand new. I think the previous buyer just didn't like the colour or didn't realize the height of the faucet.

You could probably get lucky with some too.
Mar 23, 2013
161 posts
87 upvotes
Toronto
Thx for the update.

There is surprisingly little information on these type of products, maybe as they are rarely purchased. Visited 2 stores.

Bath Depot - seems cheaper with their house brand Kebo

Taps - higher end but pricing is 3-4x ; different range of product quality.
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2005
3799 posts
1991 upvotes
Mississauga
Just make sure your getting solid bass valves.
I spent a small fortune on my fixtures for my bathrooms.. but they are all solid brass and metal.. no plastic. Remember these are used daily multiple times.

Also stay away from unique brands ... stick to known ones with a good dealer network, so that you can get replacements should u need it.
Mar 23, 2013
161 posts
87 upvotes
Toronto
Any recommendations on brands ?

Vigo/ Kraus/Agua seem to be nice and cost effective and sold at Costco, not clear if they are good.

Riobel/Grohe are a multiple of the price.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 4, 2009
9333 posts
5628 upvotes
techtrader wrote: Thanks - any particular brands you recommend ?

What about Wayfair?
We bought riobel, Aquabrass, and zuchetti from Bath Emporium.

Bought a couple of Delta and Vigo faucets we liked the style of too, from home depot and lowes. I got them both to price match Wayfair, so shop around. Lowe's will beat online prices by 10% (HD only matches, no 10%).

Given the choice, I much prefer local stores where I can return things if needed. While Wayfair is a pretty awesome online retailer, the couple of things I've returned, I've had to pay shipping costs. That being said, if you have a problem with something they work really hard to make it right.
"I'm a bit upset. I've been grab by the back without any alert and lubrification"
Lucky

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)