• Last Updated:
  • Jul 23rd, 2020 8:45 pm
[OP]
Sep 26, 2009
283 posts
94 upvotes
Stittsville

Bathroom counter top

I am looking to replace two bathroom counter tops, have been mostly focused on Mr Marble from Lowe's for the Marble counter top with integrated sink at roughly around $700. Are there other vendors or products that I should be looking at that may be just as good and perhaps cheaper. My only requirement is to have a solid surface that will not have any chance (laminate) of soaking up water. Therefore looking at Marble and Granite type surfaces from Mr Marble. I have seen some references to "Solid Surface" material but do not know what that is.
6 replies
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
22286 posts
20907 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
Ok so basically you are interested in Marble, Granite
Or perhaps Quartz
Each has its pros & cons
You might want to read the RFD Ongoing MegaThread on Quartz
Cuz it will explain all the differences

ask-me-anything-about-quartz-countertops-2310329

Solid Surface Countertops
Refers to man made
Here’s an excellent explanation
https://www.thespruce.com/solid-surface ... cs-1822191
Deal Fanatic
Oct 13, 2008
6024 posts
2744 upvotes
Durham
kaka55 wrote: I am looking to replace two bathroom counter tops, have been mostly focused on Mr Marble from Lowe's for the Marble counter top with integrated sink at roughly around $700. Are there other vendors or products that I should be looking at that may be just as good and perhaps cheaper. My only requirement is to have a solid surface that will not have any chance (laminate) of soaking up water. Therefore looking at Marble and Granite type surfaces from Mr Marble. I have seen some references to "Solid Surface" material but do not know what that is.
Something like this?? We had ours done at the same time when we did our Kitchen back in February ... my wife is friends to the contractor's wife. So the deal we received was way LOWER than all the other places that we called and quoted. He's based out of Richmond Hill but resides in Oshawa (minutes away from our house).

IMG_20200222_171759.jpg
IMG_20200222_171821.jpg
16'x11' Living Room 11' Cathedral Ceiling. Hisense 65Q8G. Denon AVR-S740H 7.2 setup. Jamo Classic 10 280W Towers - FR+FL; Polk S35 - Center; Klipsch R51M - RR+RL; Klipsch R14M - Dolby FHR+FHL; Polk HTS10 Subwoofer x2. Unlocked Android Boxes from Taiwan x2
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2011
1145 posts
547 upvotes
GTA
Go to any granite shop and pick something out of their remnants. Factor in cost for sink as well.
[OP]
Sep 26, 2009
283 posts
94 upvotes
Stittsville
Looks nice, what was the cost for the top with sink if you don't mind me asking.
jdmfishingonly wrote: Something like this?? We had ours done at the same time when we did our Kitchen back in February ... my wife is friends to the contractor's wife. So the deal we received was way LOWER than all the other places that we called and quoted. He's based out of Richmond Hill but resides in Oshawa (minutes away from our house).

IMG_20200222_171759.jpgIMG_20200222_171821.jpg
Deal Fanatic
Oct 13, 2008
6024 posts
2744 upvotes
Durham
kaka55 wrote: Looks nice, what was the cost for the top with sink if you don't mind me asking.
TOO LOW to even mention. We had our kitchen counters done with an island and waterfall ... plus both bathroom countertops ... and all brand new sinks. All at cost. Labour was not accounted for.

I had quotes from several companies in the Oshawa area ... and all quoted me in the range of $15K to $22K .... all i can say was that it was well under $10K
16'x11' Living Room 11' Cathedral Ceiling. Hisense 65Q8G. Denon AVR-S740H 7.2 setup. Jamo Classic 10 280W Towers - FR+FL; Polk S35 - Center; Klipsch R51M - RR+RL; Klipsch R14M - Dolby FHR+FHL; Polk HTS10 Subwoofer x2. Unlocked Android Boxes from Taiwan x2

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)