• Sep 11th, 2020 11:53 pm
[OP]
May 25, 2020
45 posts
26 upvotes
Ottawa

Bathroom Flooring Ideas

Hey All,
I have a bathroom floor thats in pretty bad shape that Im looking to replace in a rental property. The current 12x12 vinyl tiles are rough, so I was going to pull them up and replace with something easier to clean. What Im struggling with is what kind of flooring to come back with. The joists arent sniff enough for tile. Engineered hardwood or laminate feels a little weird in a bathroom to me and an extra 13mm might be a lot to deal with at the transition out the door. Is a 5 or 6mm click lock LVP a good option for a bathroom? Theres also peel and stick vinyl, either grouted or ungrouted, but its my impression that the click lock LVP is sort of preferred over the peel and stick. Is this a reasonable assessment of the options? Im leaning towards the LVP but would love to make sure Im not missing a good reason to go another way

Thanks
1 reply
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2001
16594 posts
6768 upvotes
Between groutable peel and stick (I would not waste my time with non-groutable peel and stick) and LVP, I would go with LVP.

LVP is waterproof and because it is currently trendy you can get it in so many different looks. The vinyl tile is much more limited in variety, LVP with it's popularity will be able to give you whatever look you want.

LVP is a great choice for a bathroom.