• May 31st, 2021 2:31 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Dec 8, 2007
5173 posts
1401 upvotes

Bathroom Renos - Need ideas!

Hi All. Nice little forum you have here. Lots of nice people. Except the LED evangelists ... I may agree with your cause but the passion is a bit unnerving.

Anyways. Looking for ideas to reno a 4-piece condo bathroom. The only things that are being kept are the tub and toilet ... otherwise, all new vanity, bath and floor tile, faucet, shower, etc.

Looking for:

1) Ideas / concepts / pictures. etc. Would like to get educated on looks and styles, etc.

2) Links to where I can actually find and buy this stuff.

Assistance is appreciated. Happy Saturday.
Hydropwnics wrote:"TodayHello is a certified hustler and original gangster."
10 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 23, 2015
2161 posts
1436 upvotes
Newmarket, ON
Don't do it. Save the money and invest it instead.
Deal Addict
Jun 26, 2019
1418 posts
1144 upvotes
GTA
Posting a picture or two of the bathroom or a sketch with rough dimensions would help everyone out a lot and give you much better answers to your questions.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Dec 8, 2007
5173 posts
1401 upvotes
BeapChastard wrote: Don't do it. Save the money and invest it instead.
Love the way you think. This, however, is at the point that it must be done.
Hydropwnics wrote:"TodayHello is a certified hustler and original gangster."
Deal Addict
Nov 14, 2003
4850 posts
3118 upvotes
LaLaLand
Do you have any preferences to the look and style? Everyone likes something different.

I renovated in my bathroom several years ago and the best thing I ever did was put in a 36" high counter instead of the lower height. I think 36" might be standard today. It's only adults in my house so it's not a problem. If you have young kids it might be an issue.

I renovated my kitchen a few years before the bathroom and really liked the look - grey shiny cabinet doors. I duplicated the look in the bathroom by using an Ikea kitchen counter base and doors. I used Corian for the counter surface as it's durable, low maintenance and can be easily customised. I even got a miniature version of my kitchen faucet for the bathroom.

Kitchen faucet,
DAN-D457144SS-2.jpg
Bathroom faucet,
DAN-D221542BN-2T.jpg

The photos are not to scale. The kitchen faucet is about 16" tall and the bathroom faucet is about 9" tall.
Jan 8, 2009
794 posts
451 upvotes
GTA
Ask your building superintendent (if they've been around for a while) if they have any recommendations for a contractor IF you're going to use a contractor. Building supers will never give a reference for a bad contractor because they know it will come back to haunt them. A contractor who knows your building can save you a lot of money in terms of knowing the building and the management and what the requirements are for renos. You can also ask that contractor for references within the building and for pictures of their work.

If you're not using a contractor, you can still get ideas by looking up units for sale on realtor.ca or zolo.ca and seeing what others have done. It's a good place to start.
Dec 5, 2009
816 posts
816 upvotes
Google images/Pinterest for ideas.
Deal Addict
Jun 27, 2015
2034 posts
345 upvotes
East York, ON
+1 for pinterest
I have searched for ideas for months but you will end up being pragmatic when you see the prices for work and materials
It also depends on the size of your bath. Most of the `designer` baths I have seen are for large rooms
Also many of the things required are supplied by luxury goods providers.
You could try www.houzz.com and search for projects
https://www.houzz.com/photos/bathroom-i ... 0-bp~t_712 see the filters at the top
If you click on a picture you can go to the project page and there watch for the tags on the picture, if you click on them it will give you the model and the price at the bottom of the picture, after you click on the tag for the product you are interested in
https://www.houzz.com/photos/bath-proje ... vp~3191942
Last edited by CuriousC on May 30th, 2021 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lots of crazy 💡
Feb 26, 2019
501 posts
469 upvotes
Ottawa
CuriousC wrote: +1 for pinterest
I have searched for ideas for months but you will end up being pragmatic when you see the prices for work and materials
It also depends on the size of your bath. Most of the `designer` baths I have seen are for large rooms
Also for many the things required are supplied by luxury goods providers.
You could try www.houzz.com and search for projects
https://www.houzz.com/photos/bathroom-i ... 0-bp~t_712 see the filters at the top
If you click on a picture you can go to the project page and there watch for the tags on the picture, if you click on them it will give you the model and the price at the bottom of the picture, after you click on the tag for the product you are interested in
https://www.houzz.com/photos/bath-proje ... vp~3191942
Second vote for houzz. Way more helpful than Pinterest. I’ve found on that the project posted by professional designers, the designers are actually quite good about answering questions: e.g. what faucet is that, what color paint is that, what kind of floors are those, etc. I find that site has got a good vibe.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2013
6089 posts
4391 upvotes
diffilcult to direct you as we don't know your likes. Google, Pinterest, Houzz, HGTV website, The Spruce website, hardware stores websites and in store display, etc... decoration and renos magazines, professional bathroom designers... and it all depends on your budget. Curious question to ask on a random forum...