• Last Updated:
  • Jun 12th, 2020 7:49 pm
Tags:
None
Jun 5, 2017
906 posts
129 upvotes
Guelph, Ont
Hindenburg1 wrote: yeah not that impressed with the car. Will see how it looks in the movie. Is it supposed to be set in present day?
90's.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 1, 2006
6667 posts
5701 upvotes
Toronto
Talamasca wrote: I swear, if I have to see Martha Kent in the alley with those damn pearls again...
Maybe they need to show now Thomas Wayne giving Martha a pearl necklace to get people interested in the movie
I swear to drunk I'm not God 😝
Deal Expert
Jun 30, 2006
17751 posts
5689 upvotes
Toronto
Batman would never drive a muscle car with the engine exposed like that. It's just plain ridiculous and shows lack of creativity in this new movie.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2002
9380 posts
2014 upvotes
Winnipeg
carmaster wrote: Batman would never drive a muscle car with the engine exposed like that. It's just plain ridiculous and shows lack of creativity in this new movie.
Deal Expert
Jun 30, 2006
17751 posts
5689 upvotes
Toronto
lead wrote: Image
This shows more creativity than anything I have seen from the new Batman pics.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2002
9380 posts
2014 upvotes
Winnipeg
carmaster wrote: Batman would never drive a muscle car with the engine exposed like that. It's just plain ridiculous and shows lack of creativity in this new movie.
I think it shows zero effort hiding or avoiding bringing attention to ones self. That's what I think people are upset about it.

Because a character dressed like a bat and trained like a ninja to avoid detection is driving around in pimped up muscle car with an led light show??

That's the elephant in the room. That's why people are upset. Its ....campy !!!!

It goes against the most important rule of fiction. Suspension of disbelief. You have to sell it for people to believe it. He's supposed to be DC's worlds greatest detective. That car and that photo is more indicative of clueless teenager pulling up to 7:11.

Nolan used a fast moving light mobile tank that was used sparingly but only when needed most. When needed it was more formidable than the adversary. It had a purpose and the purpose wasn't for transportation. That was Alfred's job!!

Thats a pimped muscle car no question. The logic since muscle cars draw attention...makes none. He should be driving a 87 Grand national if is early 90's then. That would make sense. Its a non flashing(malibu) car blends in and was the fastest street legal car of the late 80's.
Deal Expert
Jul 29, 2003
18705 posts
1993 upvotes
I don't get the hate on the batmobile. It's basically the one in Batman Overdrive about a pre-Batman Bruce Wayne.

R.I.P. Rick Rypien #37

For Sale:
shortened url's are not allowed
[OP]
Deal Guru
Jul 23, 2007
11993 posts
3900 upvotes
Toronto
Pretty interesting retrospective (from 2012) on prior live action Batmobiles free to stream on YT (since May 12 2020)

Wired also did a more wide ranging (but less in depth) look at Batmobiles in print, animation and live action

Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
20893 posts
2243 upvotes
Toronto
Haz wrote: I don't get the hate on the batmobile. It's basically the one in Batman Overdrive about a pre-Batman Bruce Wayne.

Seems to be this bat mobile is paying homage to the Adam west batmobile?

Reminds me of the old school batmobile (pre-burton)
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2002
9380 posts
2014 upvotes
Winnipeg
ji2o0k wrote: Seems to be this bat mobile is paying homage to the Adam west batmobile?

Reminds me of the old school batmobile (pre-burton)
maybe dceu has been going back to its campy roots the harley quinn movie was the embodiment of campy. It had everything 1966 batman offered except they left out the BAMMM! BOOOF! and PoooWWW!

I know they say this supposed to be an early batman narrative. But when you hire an actor much closer to 40 than twenty? standing next to a muscle car?

Thats midlife crisis batman!
Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
20893 posts
2243 upvotes
Toronto
lead wrote: maybe dceu has been going back to its campy roots the harley quinn movie was the embodiment of campy. It had everything 1966 batman offered except they left out the BAMMM! BOOOF! and PoooWWW!

I know they say this supposed to be an early batman narrative. But when you hire an actor much closer to 40 than twenty? standing next to a muscle car?

Thats midlife crisis batman!
lol - I'll still watch! DCEU knows folks will still watch Supes and Bats - no matter how terribad the product they put out!!
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2002
9380 posts
2014 upvotes
Winnipeg
ji2o0k wrote: lol - I'll still watch! DCEU knows folks will still watch Supes and Bats - no matter how terribad the product they put out!!
Problem is its all in 4k and even 8k now it might need some disney cgi to help pull this off....even if you avoid closeups!

Deal Addict
Aug 31, 2017
3294 posts
1533 upvotes
I don't care about the Bat Mobile, I'm here for the story/writing/acting. I think Pattinson will do a great job, much better than Affleck who was just awful.