Jun 23, 2005
21984 posts
163888 upvotes
GTA

Baton Rouge: $25 for 10 oz Ribs, Gnocchi Mac n cheese, fries and coleslaw

Deal Link:
Expiry:
February 28, 2021
I can't recall if I've eaten here (if I did, it was ages ago) so can't really comment how good this place is, but thought this looked like a decent deal.

Last edited by toguy on Jan 16th, 2021 7:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
66 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2006
1273 posts
402 upvotes
Not bad, never tried so I also can't comment
Metro has a good deal, but may not match with some restaurant stuff.
$20: whole chicken, back ribs, large potato wedges and 2 salads
May 15, 2009
186 posts
374 upvotes
Ottawa
Best bang for your buck is the Baton Rouge ribs at Costco (2x 740g rib) for $19, sometimes on sale, too.
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2001
1055 posts
387 upvotes
Toronto
I've eaten there, it was pretty good
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
35229 posts
21214 upvotes
Center of Universe
BR's chicken and ribs are better than SC.
Not sure how it's going to be as a takeout, but I've always enjoyed dining in.
Feb 1, 2011
47 posts
224 upvotes
Montreal
Dining in the ribs are phenomenal. The frozen ones from costco are just not the same as in restaurant, they're mediocre in comparison
Apr 24, 2020
64 posts
123 upvotes
Ottawa
By Far my favourite place to get ribs. They also are not skimpy on the fries. The 10oz is the smaller portion, they also offer a 16 I believe. Best kept secret is getting some peppercorn gravy for the fries but I am sure it’s terrible it terms of caloric intake.
Aug 28, 2013
461 posts
248 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Looks alright maybe I'll go for the Thornhill location at noon
Jun 6, 2006
143 posts
39 upvotes
ribs are fantastic in store! dont even need a knife, just use your fork to get it off the bone.
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2007
4016 posts
1614 upvotes
Yea, that's a good deal

The ribs are fantastic, should be ok for takeout if you just heat them up a bit

Is 10oz the smaller size or the larger size? I can't remember

Edit - Smaller size which is on the menu for 24 dollars with fries and cole slaw, I can't see the gnocchi mac n cheese on the menu so it's an OK deal but not crazy

Edit 2 - The mac n cheese is 10 bucks on the kids menu so it's a pretty good deal if you really want the mac n cheese
Mar 20, 2005
436 posts
127 upvotes
Ottawa
Squirrel99 wrote: Yea, that's a good deal

The ribs are fantastic, should be ok for takeout if you just heat them up a bit

Is 10oz the smaller size or the larger size? I can't remember

Edit - Smaller size which is on the menu for 24 dollars with fries and cole slaw, I can't see the gnocchi mac n cheese on the menu so it's an OK deal but not crazy

Edit 2 - The mac n cheese is 10 bucks on the kids menu so it's a pretty good deal if you really want the mac n cheese
Nothing indicates the size of the gnocchi Mac n cheese, so hard to infer it’s a $10 value. It’s a mediocre deal but a place that normally doesn’t have ‘sales’. The ribs are fantastic, tho.
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2007
4016 posts
1614 upvotes
Triple_Eh wrote: Nothing indicates the size of the gnocchi Mac n cheese, so hard to infer it’s a $10 value. It’s a mediocre deal but a place that normally doesn’t have ‘sales’. The ribs are fantastic, tho.
Yes, still a good deal
Jul 27, 2008
122 posts
15 upvotes
Baton Rouge ribs are fall off the bone good. This is a great deal. Looks like I'm going to have ribs tonight!
Deal Guru
Mar 6, 2003
14782 posts
6025 upvotes
Ottawa
jamesboshwade wrote: Dining in the ribs are phenomenal. The frozen ones from costco are just not the same as in restaurant, they're mediocre in comparison
One thing i've learned.

If you see any frozen/packaged food that bears the name of a restaurant, it usually doesn't taste anything like the restaurant version....sometimes it's a completely different recipe even.

I like the BR ribs too, kind of expensive but the best of the big chains.
RFD is not just about saving money, it's about the thrill of the hunt and getting the stuff I want without paying full price like Joe Shmoe did.
This applies to everyday items as well as high end items that I don't really need.
Mar 9, 2014
5 posts
3 upvotes
West Kelowna
I grabbed a box of the Baton Rouge chicken tenders from Costco. I'm a huge fan of the ones they serve in the restaurant and the frozen ones were surprisingly good. Same tempura batter. I'd buy them again.
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2008
2401 posts
548 upvotes
Thornhill
Is the one at yonge qnd shepperd still open? Cant find it on website..
Mar 20, 2007
853 posts
418 upvotes
Toronto
Bencherstyle wrote: Is the one at yonge qnd shepperd still open? Cant find it on website..
The one across the street from The Keg?
It was closed a while ago.
Aug 28, 2013
461 posts
248 upvotes
Richmond Hill

I got it and couldn't finish it all for lunch. So its not bad! This food in the picture cost $25 + tax
Last edited by RoyF482 on Jan 16th, 2021 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2008
2401 posts
548 upvotes
Thornhill
dearsir wrote: The one across the street from The Keg?
It was closed a while ago.
Aw... didnt realize.