• Dec 7th, 2019 10:44 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 23, 2008
4043 posts
439 upvotes
Toronto

Battery operated Christmas lights

Hi my home is pretty tricky to get a power source for Christmas lights, so battery operated lights are what I am looking for. Aside form ordering them online, has anyone seen them at any stores where I can go and buy them right away? Must be rated for outdoor use.
3 replies
Oct 2, 2018
398 posts
266 upvotes
Toronto
Haven't seen any in my travels, hopefully someone who has can post and help you out.
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2014
3405 posts
643 upvotes
We live in Toronto and asked at a hardware store a few years ago. We were told that they (and others) had once carried outdoor Christmas lights but that the life expectancy was poor and performance so/so. We do not have a convenient electrical socket either which is why we asked. Perhaps things have changed over the past few years.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 4, 2015
6418 posts
2815 upvotes
Canada, Eh!!
Not sure abut long strands but did pick up a short led strand that is battery operated from dollar store. Not sure if outdoors rated.
July 13, 2017 to October 25, 2018: BOC raised rates 5 times and MCAP raised its prime rate next day each time.

2020: BOC dropped rates 3 times and MCAP waited and waited to drop its prime rate to include all 3 drops.