Entertainment

Batwoman Series in Development at CW

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 3rd, 2020 10:27 am
Deal Expert
Jul 29, 2003
18704 posts
1992 upvotes
sharpshooter88 wrote: I wonder what the backstory is. Did she get forced out, or did she leave on her own?
The article I read sounded like they came to this conclusion together. We'll never really know.
R.I.P. Rick Rypien #37

For Sale:
shortened url's are not allowed
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2011
2739 posts
705 upvotes
Haz wrote: The article I read sounded like they came to this conclusion together. We'll never really know.
I think Ruby was a terrible casting choice, her acting is awful and didn't help the ratings (the writing on the show is a big problem too).

Pure guess on my part, I think they're firing Ruby but agreed to make it look like it was amicable to save her face.
Baaaaaaaaa!
Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
20882 posts
2238 upvotes
Toronto
Also, the article states she was badly injured (spinal) on some stunts she did (not sure if on this show) but that can’t help things.

She prolly can use the time off to fully rehab and recover.
Deal Expert
Jul 29, 2003
18704 posts
1992 upvotes
It's unfortunate this show dragged a bit. They really needed to have a stronger first season.

Of the Arrowverse shows this season, Arrow and Legends were the only ones who were good. The Flash moped around all season and Supergirl lost me. Still watched them for completeness sake.
R.I.P. Rick Rypien #37

For Sale:
shortened url's are not allowed
Deal Addict
Mar 20, 2009
3273 posts
1568 upvotes
Toronto
Haz wrote: It's unfortunate this show dragged a bit. They really needed to have a stronger first season.

Of the Arrowverse shows this season, Arrow and Legends were the only ones who were good. The Flash moped around all season and Supergirl lost me. Still watched them for completeness sake.
Despite hosting all Batwoman episodes on my Plex, have only watched 1 episode (Crisis).
My avoidance is more due to relatively recent reads of current DC comics, where I totally feel Bat Family releases are way over saturated. More specifically, undoing Babs as Oracle and bringing her back as Batgirl was regressive. As such, didn't feel much love for comics Batwoman, so not much interest in CW version.

Supergirl lost me with the bangs haircut. I mean c'mon - how can I possibly take the secret identity aspect seriously?

I really enjoyed the mirror arc on Flash, but concede this is likely due to my childhood love of Flash.

Legends has been great - the show has come a long way since the silly days of finding ways not to use powers/abilities of Hawkgirl, Firestorm, etc. Introducing dark magic via Constantine really breathed new life.
Getting rid of Atom seemed cold, but juggling it up keeps things fresh. Kinda feels like they are getting ready to turf Mick soon. Kinda wish they would turf Sarah, just to shake up leadership.

Have not yet watched the pilot for Stargirl, but am excited to see how this show will handle Justice Society.

Would be cool if Batwoman decided to perpetually recast the lead each season.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2005
9367 posts
1517 upvotes
Victoria
I never watch it so I'm not impacted. The CW arrowverse was growing kind of big, and I didn't really have interest in the Character of Batwoman. Now that Arrow is done, I watch Flash, Legends, and Supergirl. The latter I've held on because Jon Cryer was unexpectedly awesome as Lex Luthor. On the flip side if they utilize Luthor on Supergirl, it'll be interesting seeing what they have left in the can for Superman. I guess it'll be time for me to make a return. Crawl out of the crevice of the Fortress of Solitude, get my powers back, and get people to kneel.
Deal Guru
Jul 23, 2007
11993 posts
3896 upvotes
Toronto
CW, give her an audition

Deal Addict
Mar 7, 2007
3273 posts
1212 upvotes
Wouldn't be easier to just cancel the show??

It is bad! Do people actually watch it?
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2006
4802 posts
2074 upvotes
Global Village
ji2o0k wrote: Also, the article states she was badly injured (spinal) on some stunts she did (not sure if on this show) but that can’t help things.

She prolly can use the time off to fully rehab and recover.
She may plan to sue the producers and left the show at the advice of her personal injury lawyer...

https://www.cnn.com/2019/09/28/entertai ... index.html
All day I dream about sports
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2005
9367 posts
1517 upvotes
Victoria
motomondo wrote: Wouldn't be easier to just cancel the show??

It's CW. They don't need a mass audience to make something work. All they need is a smaller but loyal audience. They must make it work by limiting the budget, earning the ad revenue, and selling the streaming rights. It's amazing how they can make things work on far lower ratings than what major networks need. Ergo lots of people don't need to watch a show on CW for it to be a success :)
Deal Addict
Mar 20, 2009
3273 posts
1568 upvotes
Toronto
Seems that the word is she did not "adjust" to living in Vancouver, combined with not liking the long and demanding filming hours. Wonder what specifically she did not like about Vancouver?
Deal Fanatic
Nov 21, 2002
9378 posts
2010 upvotes
Winnipeg
motomondo wrote: Wouldn't be easier to just cancel the show??

Maybe Ruby finally did during covid isolation?
Deal Addict
Sep 29, 2005
2926 posts
438 upvotes
Pickering
I was in the hospital for 8 days recently and had nothing to do but watch TV, caught the season final of this show and I gotta say I was happy I never watched it previously, it was pure trash and have no idea how anyone could enjoy such a crappy piece of entertainment.
Wise men speak because they have something to say, Fools because they have to say something.