[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 6, 2013
3420 posts
4013 upvotes

$285/ThinkCentre M93p Tiny/i7-4765T/8GB RAM/128GB SSD

Retailer:
Bauer Systems
I think you should definitely pay for the 8GB->16GB ram and 128GB->256GB SSD upgrade (make sure you request for the KingFast 256GB S10 PRO SSD upgrade), also pay an additional $10 for the warranty. discuss these details with them when you make your order.

They also come with OEM W8P keys, so all you need to do is a fresh windows 10 install (choose I don't have key, and then choose windows 10 pro 64 bit) and it will pick up the OEM key and activate the digital license automatically.

Link to price sheet, see row 37ish (list is constantly updated) of the google doc page below:
75 TINY REFURB THINKCENTRE M93p 10AAS36X00 Core i7/4765T 8 128SSD NA W8P $290 immediate
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-hKAmQahPcEV_h5mwflWGLWCQtqkKOBDbsakv4ee2u0

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-hKAmQahPcEV_h5mwflWGLWCQtqkKOBDbsakv4ee2u0

Shipping varies but if you are in Ontario, you can do free pick up.

Purchase/ contact information is on top of the google doc page above, but if you want more details about this store (Bauer Systems), visit my previous thread from the ongoing deals section:

http://forums.redflagdeals.com/bauer-systems-refurb-new-laptops-desktops-monitors-ssd-tablets-phone-mini-buying-guide-2167072/
Last edited by Glancealot on May 8th, 2019 10:18 am, edited 2 times in total.
Bitcoin will crash hard.
85 replies
Apr 29, 2013
391 posts
528 upvotes
Candiac
POWER CORDS OUT OF STOCK UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE ???
Does this mean it doesn't come with the power supply or just the power cord ?
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2002
2295 posts
947 upvotes
mrobillard wrote: POWER CORDS OUT OF STOCK UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE ???
these use lenovo laptop "rectangular" power plug. you can probably find a used one for <$25.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 6, 2013
3420 posts
4013 upvotes
mrobillard wrote: POWER CORDS OUT OF STOCK UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE ???
of course they come with power cords...

what you quoted basically means that "additional power cords" are out of stock.

they had about 150 yesterday when i checked and looks like they sold close to 100 in less than a day.
starlamp wrote: Do they install the SSD & RAM?
yup
Bitcoin will crash hard.
Dec 31, 2011
113 posts
41 upvotes
Surrey
I bought few devices and laptops from them for personal and business use, Always comes with the power cables(No HDMI though).

Shipping to west coast is a bit expensive, but overall very happy with their products and support.
Feb 13, 2019
312 posts
158 upvotes
Glancealot wrote: of course they come with power cords...

what you quoted basically means that "additional power cords" are out of stock.

they had about 150 yesterday when i checked and looks like they sold close to 100 in less than a day.

yup
So you have to order the power cords (or do they come stock standard)

Cheers on SSD
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 6, 2013
3420 posts
4013 upvotes
starlamp wrote: So you have to order the power cords (or do they come stock standard)

Cheers on SSD
which part of "of course they come with power cords..." is not clear? Face With Tears Of Joy
Bitcoin will crash hard.
Feb 13, 2019
312 posts
158 upvotes
Haha OK - multitasking (bad excuse!)

Thanks for the heads up
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2013
3320 posts
4532 upvotes
BC
sonisame wrote: I bought few devices and laptops from them for personal and business use, Always comes with the power cables(No HDMI though).

Shipping to west coast is a bit expensive, but overall very happy with their products and support.
How much was shipping?
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
35223 posts
21204 upvotes
Center of Universe
soupmaster666 wrote: Shit, when we deployed these new we paid over $1,000 each. It's basically a laptop with no screen or keyboard. Way more than adequate for office workers.
We paid around $1300 each.
Love the form factor, but looking to switch to virtual PCs next year.
Jan 5, 2010
179 posts
71 upvotes
Ottawa
These guys are amazing. I picked up an older version of the M93p to run headless as a low power home server for some stuff and for the price it's a remarkable machine. Purchase experience sounds weird, but they're really nice and ship out fast. If I had a need, I buy a second box in a heartbeat.
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2007
4690 posts
3136 upvotes
Can video card be added to the tiny/sff motherboard?

Have spare case and PSU at home and just need the mb, cpu, and ram.
Nov 24, 2014
386 posts
368 upvotes
Isla Nublar, Costa R…
+1 for great buying experience from Bauer.
Good group of folks
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2002
2295 posts
947 upvotes
SammyDavis wrote: Can you hackintosh it?
That's what I'm looking into right now...

the bare bones seem to be compatible,

haswell cpu quad core, intel 4600 gpu,

potential snag with wifi card (easily replaced or just stick with ethernet), display ports, audio, and usb3... but nothing that's a show stopper without some effort...

There's no straight forward install guide for the m93p tiny. But people have hackintoshed it and you can probably piece together a full install guide from various places.

I was thinking of picking one up to replace my old 2009 mac mini... But I don't use the mac enough to justify another piece of hardware. I am certainly sitting on the fence simply for the value prop. quad core i7 (though it's a slow i7), 16gb ram, SSD for <$400.

I wonder if a newer lower end NUC is better thought.
Feb 13, 2019
312 posts
158 upvotes
mr_yellow wrote: That's what I'm looking into right now...

the bare bones seem to be compatible,

haswell cpu quad core, intel 4600 gpu,

potential snag with wifi card (easily replaced or just stick with ethernet), display ports, audio, and usb3... but nothing that's a show stopper without some effort...

There's no straight forward install guide for the m93p tiny. But people have hackintoshed it and you can probably piece together a full install guide from various places.

I was thinking of picking one up to replace my old 2009 mac mini... But I don't use the mac enough to justify another piece of hardware. I am certainly sitting on the fence simply for the value prop. quad core i7 (though it's a slow i7), 16gb ram, SSD for <$400.

I wonder if a newer lower end NUC is better thought.
Is 16GB necessary/useful for an average user?
Deal Addict
Nov 3, 2006
3278 posts
616 upvotes
Winnipeg
I wonder how much the shipping will be for this to Winnipeg?
Deal Fanatic
Jul 22, 2007
6510 posts
5961 upvotes
Calgary
starlamp wrote: Is 16GB necessary/useful for an average user?
no, but the larger SSD is.