Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Bauer Systems

$285/ThinkCentre M93p Tiny/i7-4765T/8GB RAM/128GB SSD

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 26th, 2019 5:48 pm
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
24224 posts
43249 upvotes
ONTARIO
projectrs2 wrote: I think they're OOS from what I can tell, right?
ya it seems that particular configuration is gone now. Still some other m93p tiny's available, but most are 4gb ram and all come with regular hdd (no ssd). Oh and no more i7s, so just i5 cpus.
Feb 28, 2019
10 posts
4 upvotes
starlamp wrote: Does this do transcoding well, does it support Quick Sync?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intel_Quick_Sync_Video
Quick Sync was introduced with the Sandy Bridge CPU microarchitecture on 9 January 2011, and has been found on the die of Intel products ever since.
Version 3 (Haswell)
The Haswell microarchitecture implementation is focused on quality, with speed about the same as before (for any given clip length vs. encoding length).[citation needed]
This generation of Quick Sync supports the H.264/MPEG-4 AVC, VC-1 and H.262/MPEG-2 Part 2 video standards.[1]

I did not try transcoding yet.
Feb 28, 2019
10 posts
4 upvotes
BobSagget wrote: ya it seems that particular configuration is gone now. Still some other m93p tiny's available, but most are 4gb ram and all come with regular hdd (no ssd). Oh and no more i7s, so just i5 cpus.
I upgraded the ram in mine to 16gb, two sticks of 8gb ddr3l. You could always replace the cpu and sell the old one on ebay. All you lose with an i5 anyways is hyper-threading and a bit of l3 cache.
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2003
1440 posts
49 upvotes
mr_yellow wrote: emailed the folks at bauer. Wifi/BT card is *NOT* installed. For the hackintoshers, make sure you pick up the compatible broadcom+BT mPCI card that everyone else uses and then find out where to get an antenna. Or just stick with ethernet but no handover/airdrop in that case.

Also,

the 16 GB upgrade is probably just an extra 8 GB sodimm thrown into the slot. You can always do that yourself. The kingfast f10 pro ssd seems really sketchy. probably better to save up and buy a more reliable brand.
Crap, I didn't know it doesn't have a wifi adapter. Is there a USB wifi adapter or one that I can install on the motherboard that is recommended?
Feb 28, 2019
10 posts
4 upvotes
The one i installed in mine is a Minipcie half height Broadcom BCM94352HMB, It works very well with Mac os X Mojave. If yours does not have an external antenna it shouldn't be too difficult to retrofit one(there is a second one inside but that one is connected to the case itself, yours might not have one if no external antenna)

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)