Expired Hot Deals

[Bauer Systems] [Bauer Systems]/$500/Refurb X1 Carbon *3rd* Gen/14" TOUCH 2560x1440/i5-5300U/8GBRAM/128SSD/Win 10 Pro/Updated w/ Review!

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 22nd, 2019 11:18 pm
Banned
Oct 31, 2018
25 posts
7 upvotes
Montréal
Glancealot wrote:
Jan 18th, 2019 3:41 pm
gen 2 X1 was a catastrophic failure. in addition, you are looking at a battery that is 1.5~2 years older with marginal cpu gain. avoid.

@PritDealz, it should be easy to flip these on kijiji if you give it a try, when I posted my first unit, I got several offers higher than the cost.
Which city are you in if I may ask? Pretty tough to flip in Montréal as people lowball $400 etc.
Jun 13, 2015
50 posts
87 upvotes
Etobicoke, ON
"@PritDealz, it should be easy to flip these on kijiji if you give it a try, when I posted my first unit, I got several offers higher than the cost."

Finally after my followups and sending pictures to them - Mitch - owner of Bauer system agreed to provide full refund.
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2007
1247 posts
147 upvotes
I just got my X1 Carbon today - condition seems fine (one or two nicks on the corner) - real concern I have is that there is a white smudge on the monitor.

Probably will email them about this - they do mention white smudges for the other one (non-FHD), so I would have assumed that the monitor would be fine on these units.
Banned
Oct 31, 2018
25 posts
7 upvotes
Montréal
mightylobo wrote:
Jan 18th, 2019 4:55 pm
I just got my X1 Carbon today - condition seems fine (one or two nicks on the corner) - real concern I have is that there is a white smudge on the monitor.

Probably will email them about this - they do mention white smudges for the other one (non-FHD), so I would have assumed that the monitor would be fine on these units.
Do you have photo of the smudge?
Jul 17, 2018
372 posts
114 upvotes
Buying these to flip them.

This is why we cannot have nice things.
Jun 13, 2015
50 posts
87 upvotes
Etobicoke, ON
mightylobo wrote:
Jan 18th, 2019 4:55 pm

Seems their Quality units are gone, now they are shipping B graded products.
Jul 17, 2018
372 posts
114 upvotes
I've decided I'll likely buy one, but they're closed until Monday lol
Banned
Oct 31, 2018
25 posts
7 upvotes
Montréal
Iamashill wrote:
Jan 18th, 2019 5:13 pm
Buying these to flip them.

This is why we cannot have nice things.
It's more of a risk and reward thing. Flippers sometimes lose money too. I occasionally try to flip these things for fun and the last one I did, I got stuck with the unit for a month and at the end lost $50.
Jun 21, 2009
915 posts
163 upvotes
Vancouver
Is this a better option than an entry level Lenovo 330?

I just need a computer for wordprocessing that is portable.
Banned
Oct 31, 2018
25 posts
7 upvotes
Montréal
blankall wrote:
Jan 18th, 2019 5:27 pm
Is this a better option than an entry level Lenovo 330?

I just need a computer for wordprocessing that is portable.
Lenovo 330 is cheaper than this, and for word processing that is sufficient. It'd be heavier though.
This X1 has 8GB of memory, so it could open up twice as many tabs in the browser as a 4GB machine. Have more than 10 tabs open in a 4GB machine would probably drag it to a halt.
Both machines are likely going to be obsolete in 3 years.
Jun 21, 2009
915 posts
163 upvotes
Vancouver
YYZYUL wrote:
Jan 18th, 2019 6:08 pm
Lenovo 330 is cheaper than this, and for word processing that is sufficient. It'd be heavier though.
This X1 has 8GB of memory, so it could open up twice as many tabs in the browser as a 4GB machine. Have more than 10 tabs open in a 4GB machine would probably drag it to a halt.
Both machines are likely going to be obsolete in 3 years.
My Dell, which I purchase 3 years ago for $500, can load 30 tabs in chrome no problem. I'm writing on this machine right now, with over 20 tabs oepn, running windows, acrobat, and several other programs....have things gotten this worse just for a slightly lighter form factor?
Banned
Oct 31, 2018
25 posts
7 upvotes
Montréal
blankall wrote:
Jan 18th, 2019 6:39 pm
My Dell, which I purchase 3 years ago for $500, can load 30 tabs in chrome no problem. I'm writing on this machine right now, with over 20 tabs oepn, running windows, acrobat, and several other programs....have things gotten this worse just for a slightly lighter form factor?
How much RAM does your Dell have?
4GB and Celeron processor for the entry level Lenovo 330 is pretty weak at best if you plan to keep many tabs open.
Jun 13, 2015
50 posts
87 upvotes
Etobicoke, ON
mightylobo wrote:
Jan 18th, 2019 6:47 pm
It looks like someone jammed something sharp and then slide it down towards the right.

That’s Dead pixel sadly, turned white.
I have got similar on my 2010 MacBook recently.