Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Bauer Systems

[Bauer Systems]/$500/Refurb X1 Carbon *3rd* Gen/14" TOUCH 2560x1440/i5-5300U/8GBRAM/128SSD/Win 10 Pro/Updated w/ Review!

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 24th, 2020 8:57 am
Deal Fanatic
Jan 26, 2003
5334 posts
780 upvotes
OongaLoonga wrote: Thanks. Does the charger fit too?
don't know but I don't think so. well, it actually could probably fit but it would be super tight and not a good idea. it's for my son and i just told him to throw his charger into his school backpack. the sleeve is just for the laptop itself.
He .... looka lika MAN!
I tell you every ting!
----------------------------------------------------
If you haven't figured it out yet ... i'm not a female. Have you ever watched MADtv?
Jul 23, 2018
901 posts
388 upvotes
@Glancealot 2 more have shown up on the sheet. Possibly the returns from the people who complained here. In case you want to try your luck again.
Nov 22, 2017
33 posts
34 upvotes
I've been eyeing this laptop for most of my life now and having bought a t420s from bauer many years ago, I thought this was a steal. Even picked up from their location and had the pleasure of meeting Mitch Bauer himself, who was very much a gentleman. Ordered last week and had a feeling of genuine excitement as my main computer is an LGA 775 based piece of Frankenstein trash . After reading about the dissatisfaction that some had experienced with their orders and the consequent returns, I became increasingly paranoid and asked Mohit (presumably the man behind the operation) if he was he going to stick me with those unwanted, returned, computers? He assured me that they wouldn't do that (Mohit was great, prompt and concise as always). After payment, it took two business days to arrive.

When the laptop arrived, via canpar (apparently a terrible shipping company - with whom I had no trouble or concerns). Normally I wouldn't post, but I'm blown away at the condition of the device. 6 hours of battery life, 4K touchscreen.

The only problem is the feeling that I've committed a crime because of the value I received for the money spent.
Aug 23, 2012
20 posts
8 upvotes
Ottawa
Heads up that there's been a big restock of these units (and a couple 1920x1080 options for a bit cheaper)

edit: kind of worried about playing the lottery here and wish I could see pictures of which unit I'm getting beforehand. Is this the 1440p glossy screen?
Jul 23, 2018
901 posts
388 upvotes
Hello. An old thread but. How is the speaker quality on everyone's X1 3rd gen from Bauer?
My speakers are terrible, even on full volume. With earphones, it's fine at 30-40%. I don't know if that's the way it is, or if something is wrong with the speakers. I got it a while back but never bothered to ask until now.

Also, has anyone successfully installed a 1TB NVMe SSD? I heard there was a bios update to support NVMEe but not sure how true that is, or if it works.

Thanks!

@Glancealot - hoping you can help!
Apr 7, 2017
556 posts
543 upvotes
Brantford
Bettercallsoul wrote: I picked up one today with minor scratches at the cover outside, only visible if you pay attention
Did not check the SSD life as I am going to replace it soon but battery life is around 94%. I always used the basic laptops but this is a business laptop so I like everything the finish, the display backlit key board, the performance of the machine is really good. All the ports are working fine.
WIN10 pro installation was pretty easy , one of the RFD friend helped me to get the WIN10.
So overall I am very satisfied with the purchase.
The notebook was perfect until March but now display stopped working, its working on the external monitor but not on laptop
i am asking you guys if you have any experience with this issue then let me know if you can help.Most of the repair shops are closed now and i am struck.
Dont know what to do, buy a new system or wait until things are back to normal.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2004
6023 posts
3617 upvotes
Toronto
Bettercallsoul wrote: The notebook was perfect until March but now display stopped working, its working on the external monitor but not on laptop
i am asking you guys if you have any experience with this issue then let me know if you can help.Most of the repair shops are closed now and i am struck.
Dont know what to do, buy a new system or wait until things are back to normal.
This is probably not the most effective forum on which to ask. Google some to find where fixers congregate.

Ask Bauer for suggestions. They refurbish a lot. But they may not take the time to fix things -- it is labour-intensive.

Thinkpads have great service manuals available. Find the one for your model. Should be a free download.

Often a failure is in an interconnect. If you take the thing apart and reassemble, you might actually fix it. But be careful. Sometimes ribbon cables are hard to reconnect. Your screen will be connected by such a ribbon cable somewhere inside.

Good Luck!