[Bay Bloor Radio] AudioQuest NightHawk Headphones

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 10th, 2017 3:45 pm
[OP]
Sep 3, 2016
186 posts
88 upvotes

[Bay Bloor Radio] AudioQuest NightHawk Headphones

Seems like a damn good price, Amazon has them for $650 right now.

Checking the classifieds, most are asking for than this used.

Cheers.
7 replies
Feb 5, 2012
743 posts
527 upvotes
Montreal
Great deal indeed. I have been eyeing this headphone since its release at 799 cad. The review has been confusing some insists one of the best headphone they ever heard some saying just overpriced like any other audio quest product. Too bad I can never find any place here in Montreal to try these out myself.
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2010
2452 posts
1555 upvotes
montreal
could you add the price in the title please.
Feb 1, 2012
10 posts
2 upvotes
Montreal
getdadeal wrote: Great deal indeed. I have been eyeing this headphone since its release at 799 cad. The review has been confusing some insists one of the best headphone they ever heard some saying just overpriced like any other audio quest product. Too bad I can never find any place here in Montreal to try these out myself.
Go to Fillion électronique. They have a great selection of headphones (including the Nighthawk).
Jul 27, 2009
49 posts
8 upvotes
Calgary
Product not found with link on mobile had to do a search. $399.95 plus free shipping great find op
Jan 5, 2017
14 posts
6 upvotes
This is a very good find. However, I would argue that despite the price being very good I would advise most to stay away unless they have given these a try. If you're in the GTA area there are a couple stores that stock these so give them a listen first. From my experience the audio quest have very good pads and an especially nice fit (due to an interesting headband design) with a unique aesthetic, but that's where it ends. This is because I found the sound to be nothing special when comparing things in and around the 600 - 800 price point, often placing several of my own headphones from 300 - 500 above it. While I would not be able to state this for some of the other cans. In addition, I would be weary about any company that sells high end audio cables as that's one of the biggest gimmicks in the industry.
Deal Addict
Nov 8, 2007
2704 posts
504 upvotes
Markham
This model color has been replaced.
Of what I gather, the main audio change is an extra set of pads for a total of 2 different sound signature and a better cable that does not 'break' down...Yes, a great audio sounding cable that others had problems in the original offering, so AudioQuest had to redo the design.
One should also look at how much the new two set of pads would cost - they would not have changed them if the majority had not complain re the sound signature..Two new sets of pads would be over $120 US...

2 opposite reviews

http://www.noach.one/blog/audioquest-ni ... headphone/
http://passionforsound.lachlanfennen.co ... nighthawk/
Dec 29, 2013
810 posts
485 upvotes
Montr
I tried out this HP yesterday. The overall clarity and distortion were very good, but the sound signature was so dark that shocked me. The roll off in high frequency was too much. I almost did not recognize Celine Dion's voice in that Titanic song Face With Tears Of Joy

As for myself, I guess I'll wait for a sale on the B&W P9. That never happened before but I still hope one day ....