Reference class open-back circumaural headphones
56 mm dynamic transducer - biggest transducer ever used in headphones
Impressively natural and spatial listening experience
Robust metal headband with inner damping element
Hand crafted comfortable microfiber ear pads
High-quality matte black metal parts
Developed and precision-built in Germany
Impedance: 300 ohms
Frequency Response: 4 - 51,000 Hz (-10 dB)
Total harmonic distortion: 0.02 % (1 kHz 1 Vrms)
Amazon has these cans for 95 cents more for those inclined:

https://www.amazon.ca/Sennheiser-HD-800 ... B00PXLX2TC

Sennheiser Canada the same:

https://en-ca.sennheiser.com/high-resol ... o-hd-800-s
97 replies
Jan 17, 2012
471 posts
394 upvotes
Red Deer
*puts on flame suit*

Are these better than my AirPods Max

*popcorn
Aug 17, 2012
500 posts
407 upvotes
COQUITLAM
Yes, yes, these are ludicrously expensive headphones.

But these are end game audiophile headphones and some people have been waiting for a sale and these are ATL.

As for the Drop 8XX, I haven't been following headphone news for a few months, but last I heard, unlike the 6XX, the drivers on the 8XX are different than the 800S.

For those actually getting these, you'll want to get an AMP / DAC as well. But if you're willing to get a 800S, you'll have the funds for an AMP / DAC.
Sep 11, 2020
280 posts
558 upvotes
Wallet is thankful I am no audiophile Winking Face
I buy what I need , but mostly what I don't need #RFDlife
Apr 20, 2021
75 posts
111 upvotes
Man, people here would downvote a half-price Lambo just because it still costs more than their Imprezza.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 10, 2004
6591 posts
3173 upvotes
Bay Bloor are overpriced on everything.
Their best client is someone who only knows buzzword brand names and walks and tells the salesman to sell me xxxxx.
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2010
2418 posts
1126 upvotes
Toronto
plymouthhater wrote: Bay Bloor are overpriced on everything.
Their best client is someone who only knows buzzword brand names and walks and tells the salesman to sell me xxxxx.
where can you find HD800s for cheaper?
Deal Fanatic
Apr 1, 2006
5258 posts
502 upvotes
As another poster mentioned, these are end game for most. I bought mine for 2199, this is def a hot price for those in the market for these cans.
C:\RFD>ih8lowballers.bat_
Dec 27, 2008
467 posts
378 upvotes
I can't reasonably afford these, but I have to say I'm increasingly a big fan of Sennheiser. I've had a few of their products over the years.

Quick story about their RMA process. In 2015 I bought some Momentum 2 headphones. They were pretty good, but one of their critical flaws was that the ANC was always on with no possibility to turn it off. Now that I'm working from home though, they were really nice to have, especially since my neighbour is in the middle of a major construction project and it gets loud during daytime. Unfortunately the headphones died, possibly because 6 years will take a toll on a battery. I contacted Sennheiser and they sent me an RMA label. I expected to pay maybe $100-150 for repair, but they didn't charge me anything. They sent me back the much better, fully-featured Momentum 3's, for free, as a replacement for 6-year-old headphones that had been out of warranty for years.
Dec 21, 2012
319 posts
399 upvotes
Does Bay Bloor Radio have these set up in store to test it out?
Dec 13, 2020
110 posts
111 upvotes
Toronto, ON
VillageIdiot wrote: Yes, yes, these are ludicrously expensive headphones.

But these are end game audiophile headphones and some people have been waiting for a sale and these are ATL.

As for the Drop 8XX, I haven't been following headphone news for a few months, but last I heard, unlike the 6XX, the drivers on the 8XX are different than the 800S.

For those actually getting these, you'll want to get an AMP / DAC as well. But if you're willing to get a 800S, you'll have the funds for an AMP / DAC.
What's ATL ? I've heard this term before and urbandictionary did not deliver..
Oct 30, 2019
147 posts
109 upvotes
Toronto
pkamto wrote: What's ATL ? I've heard this term before and urbandictionary did not deliver..
ATL = All Time Low
Apr 8, 2006
166 posts
72 upvotes
Shutdown wrote: Does Bay Bloor Radio have these set up in store to test it out?
Yes, it's mentioned on the product page, below In-stock.
Nov 20, 2014
57 posts
77 upvotes
London, ON
Seems to have sold out on amazon.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 6, 2002
9174 posts
2185 upvotes
Vancouver
djzapz wrote: I can't reasonably afford these, but I have to say I'm increasingly a big fan of Sennheiser. I've had a few of their products over the years.

Quick story about their RMA process. In 2015 I bought some Momentum 2 headphones. They were pretty good, but one of their critical flaws was that the ANC was always on with no possibility to turn it off. Now that I'm working from home though, they were really nice to have, especially since my neighbour is in the middle of a major construction project and it gets loud during daytime. Unfortunately the headphones died, possibly because 6 years will take a toll on a battery. I contacted Sennheiser and they sent me an RMA label. I expected to pay maybe $100-150 for repair, but they didn't charge me anything. They sent me back the much better, fully-featured Momentum 3's, for free, as a replacement for 6-year-old headphones that had been out of warranty for years.
I Havnt had an rma in 5 years but agree seinhessier is reasonable. I used to fly a lot with wired modest ear buds (around $100) and would sometimes break being tangled up in arm rest on planes. Had to ship them to Montreal but seinheisser would always send a replacement pack on retail packaging. Nice people on the phone. Units were in warranty. They did want proof of purchase
Autocorrect sucks
Aug 13, 2019
568 posts
886 upvotes
How are these vs my beats Olympic edition?
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2007
4964 posts
3559 upvotes
Is this good for gaming? Need a pair for my Switch.