Expired Hot Deals

[Bay Bloor Radio] Sony WH1000XM2 wireless headphones on Black Friday at Bay Bloor Radio - $299.00

[OP]
Jul 5, 2010
42 posts
22 upvotes

[Bay Bloor Radio] Sony WH1000XM2 wireless headphones on Black Friday at Bay Bloor Radio - $299.00

According to Redflag announcement, Sony WH1000XM2 are going to be 299 at Bay Bloor Radio. They only have stores in Toronto. I am from Vancouver. They are shipping for free after 200. So these do qualify. Downside - need to pay shipment and ship fast (14 days return) if something goes wrong.
I tested these headphones and love them. The regular price bites though. Now I am seriously considering and will check it on 22nd
32 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 11, 2010
1179 posts
59 upvotes
BURLINGTON
I have the originals and had and sold the xm2 - I tested out the xm3 the other day and I would say save your money and get the new ones. The noise cancelling is even better on the xm3 and they sound better as well.
Deal Addict
Feb 15, 2012
3279 posts
2763 upvotes
Toronto
this was like last year's BF/BD price, before XM3 came out. I was hoping it would go lower this year
Deal Fanatic
Apr 17, 2003
9731 posts
5625 upvotes
dracolnyte wrote: this was like last year's BF/BD price, before XM3 came out. I was hoping it would go lower this year
I thought it was $330 or so last year, right?

I am hoping the M2 will go into the $260-ish range going into BF/BW...
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2005
1590 posts
901 upvotes
Bay Bloor Radio is great, support the local small businesses
Mar 21, 2017
13 posts
8 upvotes
Toronto
Save your money. I got the m3 when they had the trade in any headphones promo for $100 less. M3 noise cancelling capabilities are much better. USB C and lighter.
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2011
1236 posts
3655 upvotes
Man why can’t Sony come up with easier names. QC 35 is so much easier for people to mention and remember. BTW the newest versions 1000XM3’s look like a yeezy branded headphone. I like the design.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 17, 2003
9731 posts
5625 upvotes
phoreoneone wrote: Man why can’t Sony come up with easier names. QC 35 is so much easier for people to mention and remember. BTW the newest versions 1000XM3’s look like a yeezy branded headphone. I like the design.
Because Sony makes way more products...and so require the larger pool of model name permutation.

And, at times, when they mess up the reputation of a product line...they then shift to another naming convention (to wipe the slate clean)...
Nov 28, 2011
844 posts
355 upvotes
Markham
chatbox wrote: God damn it...finding out that I've missed out on a sale 11 months later...gawd....

Need a good deal on either the M2 or the M3. Seeing the comments here, seems like M3 is the way to go?
I researched and tested tons of active NS headphones for about 6 months until I finally decided on the M2s. But then the M3 just came out and they blew me away even more. Ended up going with those since they were only 50 more than M2s. Best $500 I ever spent - at BBR too :)
That being said, at 299 the M2s are still a killer deal. But if you want the best of the best, go for M3.
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2012
2796 posts
1809 upvotes
Toronto
If you REALLY need these headphones, spend what it costs and get the M3, or wait for whatever Bose might throw out there - surely there is an update to the QC coming.

I had the M1's, and when the M3's came out I sold my M1's (paid $300 cash on Kijiji and sold them 12 months later for $275 :)) and got the M3's. I spend a lot of time on 6 hour flights - usually 2 or more in a day when I'm travelling. Comfort and noise cancelling quality were the only considerations.

The M3's stay on in ANC mode which the older ones wouldn't unless they were paired and had a signal coming. They are very comfortable and sound awesome. The ANC is great, and from what I've read, the Bose can cause some people discomfort with their ANC mode. Every time I've tried the QC on though, I think they might be more comfortable than the Sony's.

I'd hold on and see what BF has in store for the M3's. You also have to think about future value if you think you might sell them down the road. Sure the M3's are $150 more now, but you might recoup $100 of that when you sell them and the $50 will have been well spent for the time you had them.

For casual listening around town, then buy whatever is cheapest. The M1's and M2's sound great, you don't need super-fast USB C charging when they last 30 hours anyhow, and unless you wear them for 5-6 hours at a stretch, they're just fine for comfort.

But I wouldn't spend $300-$500 on headphones for casual listening, and if I did, they would have a wire and be something that sounds incredible, was lightweight and didn't bother with ANC.
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2017
2252 posts
2340 upvotes
I tested the M3 and the QC35 at the store for a long, long time. While the ANC and sounds are slightly better on the Sony's the on-head look and comfort of the Bose still carry the day by a wide margin imo. If I were to buy new I'd probably do the Sonys, but because the Bose is so much more prevalant on the private sale market I was able to get Bose QC35II for $375 BNIB.
Deal Addict
Feb 11, 2010
1179 posts
59 upvotes
BURLINGTON
I had all the bose models - they are very comfortable, but if you are looking for the best noise cancelling they are close but the sonys are better, and most important sound quality there is no comparison the sonys with ldac to something like an lg v30 with flac audio - no contest sony wins by a long shot
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2017
2252 posts
2340 upvotes
ANC is overrated anyways. Only blocks out certain types of noises - low humming type of noises like from an engine and it does nothing for people's convos. Just turn off the music and put ANC in a crowded place to see how ineffective it is, you will be hearing every single word on both headphones. Anyways, Sony make you look like some those kids with huge ear muffs because they stick out way too much, definitely not for many people with rounded faces.