Expired Hot Deals

[Bay Bloor Radio] Sony WH1000XM2 wireless headphones on Black Friday at Bay Bloor Radio - $299.00

Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2005
2232 posts
428 upvotes
York
I have the M2s but am tempted by the M3s. Are the M3s gonna be on sale anywhere?
"It's how you deal with failure that determines how you achieve success."
Deal Addict
Oct 16, 2005
1086 posts
547 upvotes
I’m not a big fan of headphones but I just bought the m3 for 200$. They are pretty awesome even though I haven’t tried others.

I put them on Kijiji as I’m not a big audio.

Someone is picking them up tomorrow.
Feb 8, 2007
475 posts
173 upvotes
Toronto
Wow, how did you manage to snag the 1000XM3 for $200, that is incredible!
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2018
1152 posts
2937 upvotes
Toronto, ON
GOLFINGGINO wrote: I have the originals and had and sold the xm2 - I tested out the xm3 the other day and I would say save your money and get the new ones. The noise cancelling is even better on the xm3 and they sound better as well.
Did you happen to test them vs Bose?
We The North!

ノ┬─┬ノ ︵ ( \o°o)\
Banned
Apr 5, 2015
1281 posts
445 upvotes
Toronto, ON
M3s is the way to go. If you are spending that amount of money go for the latest and greatest imo.
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2018
1152 posts
2937 upvotes
Toronto, ON
futabasan wrote: M3s is the way to go. If you are spending that amount of money go for the latest and greatest imo.
Latest and greatest doesn't equate to best noise cancelling sadly.
We The North!

ノ┬─┬ノ ︵ ( \o°o)\
Deal Addict
Oct 16, 2005
1086 posts
547 upvotes
adameme wrote: Wow, how did you manage to snag the 1000XM3 for $200, that is incredible!
Kijiji.
Picked them up BNIB.
Selling them for $350.
I want wireless headphones but I think I need earbuds for all my calls and ease of portability.
Nov 9, 2010
646 posts
453 upvotes
Richmond, BC
thelasthunter wrote: ANC is overrated anyways. Only blocks out certain types of noises - low humming type of noises like from an engine and it does nothing for people's convos.
Exactly my experience as well. I actually returned mine since I am more frequently exposed to voices rather than low humming noise. They didn't sound bad but weren't exceptional either. I still want a good pair of wireless headphones so I velcro taped a $20 Mpow bluetooth receiver to my NAD HP50 and connected them with a short 3.5mm cable. Will eventually upgrade to an Earstudio ES100 or Fiio BTR3 whenever they go on sale and I get a phone that supports LDAC.
Aug 5, 2003
346 posts
19 upvotes
Toronto
Link to comparison of ANC of XM2 vs QC35ii, and XM3 vs QC35ii

Here's my HEAT.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 17, 2003
9851 posts
5898 upvotes
thelasthunter wrote: ANC is overrated anyways. Only blocks out certain types of noises - low humming type of noises like from an engine and it does nothing for people's convos. Just turn off the music and put ANC in a crowded place to see how ineffective it is, you will be hearing every single word on both headphones. Anyways, Sony make you look like some those kids with huge ear muffs because they stick out way too much, definitely not for many people with rounded faces.
I can say the same for everything (that you can buy)...not just ANC. i.e. Nothing is good enough ever, that's why there's technology advancements...by those who dream big.

Good thing to set a high bar I guess.
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2017
2330 posts
2485 upvotes
chatbox wrote: I can say the same for everything (that you can buy)...not just ANC. i.e. Nothing is good enough ever, that's why there's technology advancements...by those who dream big.

Good thing to set a high bar I guess.
We're talking about this product, here and now. If people think ANC will block every type of noise, even at low volumes, and are using this as their main criteria to blindly buy the Sony's over the Bose, they are in for a rude awakening. Incidentally, I was a very EARLY adopter of ANC. Like in 2003 I bought Sennheisers ANC cans. It was a terrible feeling of having my ears plugged and being under-water but it blocked about the same amount of noise as these headphones decades later. Odd eh? As with everything take ALL reviews with a grain of salt. These guys are getting free stuff and some of them get more free stuff from one company over another. I personally know first hand how free stuff can alter a reviewer's opinion including mine, even unintentionally. Anyways, best is to go into a store and try on your own. Even there, it's not ideal because the headphones are hooked up to a soundbar (not your phone) so you won't get the same sound output and won't even see other things like how they sound wireless, how quick the headphones connect automatically with your phone. Little details like that. With either of these two cans you can't go wrong. People saying one totally beats the other are just being groupies and trying to rationalize their buy. I sold my V-Moda Corssfade II wireless rose gold because despite the sound and look that would easily beat these two, the weight and clamping force were too much to beat. I went with Bose because of the comfort and the fact I could get the new for $375 since they are a lot more available market than the Sonys.
[OP]
Jul 5, 2010
42 posts
22 upvotes
Maybe XM3 are better. But do not see a deal for those. Right now it is $340 vs $500 after tax. All craigslist/kijiji deals are completely different story. You decide for yourself.
Deal Addict
Nov 16, 2005
2437 posts
323 upvotes
ncr
GOLFINGGINO wrote: I had all the bose models - they are very comfortable, but if you are looking for the best noise cancelling they are close but the sonys are better, and most important sound quality there is no comparison the sonys with ldac to something like an lg v30 with flac audio - no contest sony wins by a long shot
right... but not only the headphone have to support ldac for you to benefit, the source have to support ldac as well right? and what in the market right now does?
Oct 16, 2014
228 posts
105 upvotes
Toronto
I've been waiting for pxc 550 to go on sale, none so far, might have to go with Bose QC 35 series 2 that's in this flyer