Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Bay Bloor Radio

Trade-in for $100 off $399+ Headphones -> Sony WH-1000MX3

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 7th, 2020 6:02 pm
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2010
2255 posts
1526 upvotes
Toronto

[Bay Bloor Radio] Trade-in for $100 off $399+ Headphones -> Sony WH-1000MX3

Back again, I picked up the WH-1000MX3 last time with this sale. I believe what makes it great is you can trade in any garbage earphones, even airplane buds you get for free and you'll get the $100 off.

I don't believe this isn't the hottest deal for the WH-1000MX3, but still decent if anyone wants one now.
BBR's March Trade-In Event
Headphones
Buy a new set of headphones for $399 or more, and we'll give you $100 for your old headphones, even if they don't work. Choose from Bowers & Wilkins, Focal, Grado, Shure, Sony, and Sennheiser. Bose and Master & Dynamic are not included in this promotion.

Turntables
Buy a new turntable for $399 or more, and we'll give you $100 for your old turntable, even if it doesn't work. Choose from Audio-Technica, Pro-Ject, Rega, Technics, and Yamaha.

Receivers
Buy a new receiver or amplifier for $399 or more, and we'll give you $100 for your old one, even if it doesn't work. Choose from Cambridge Audio, Bryston, McIntosh, NAD, Naim, and Yamaha.

Event runs from March 2 to March 31, 2020. Offer available in-store only.
Limit of one trade-in item per purchase. New purchases only.
Offer may not be combined with any other sale pricing or promotion.

Q: What do you do with all the trade-in items?
A: Where possible, we donate or recycle your old headphones, turntables and amplifiers.

Q: Do you accept old Apple earbuds as a trade in?
A: Yes.
15 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2019
1574 posts
3584 upvotes
Canada
Sorry, I'm confused, so you trade in anything for 100$ off of 399? so it comes to 299?

I have a working but really beat up beat solo HD...will they still accept that?
Live a little
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2017
3158 posts
6406 upvotes
Got in on this promo last year for a pair of WH-XM3s. If you like audio this place is going to be lots of fun to visit. Staff are very friendly and will demo just about anything for you.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 27, 2007
8251 posts
5752 upvotes
They take any set of headphones, go buy dollar store ones if you need them to trade
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2017
2049 posts
660 upvotes
Toronto
Sony wf-x3 are on sale at amazon.ca for 248$
Deal Fanatic
Dec 28, 2005
7803 posts
3862 upvotes
Germany
ysl5710 wrote: Sony wf-x3 are on sale at amazon.ca for 248$
Good to know, but this is for the headphones.
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2012
4036 posts
2976 upvotes
Calgary
kimwoobingsu wrote: Got in on this promo last year for a pair of WH-XM3s. If you like audio this place is going to be lots of fun to visit. Staff are very friendly and will demo just about anything for you.
Don't want to be a party pooper nor am I an apocalypse conspirator but considering the current Covid scare, is now a good time to waltz into a busy store to demo headphones? Buying BNIB & then return if not to taste is one thing but demo'ing multiples with direct hand/face contact isn't the most hygienic option in these present turbulent times.

Just a thought ya
Mar 15, 2005
869 posts
819 upvotes
scotsum wrote: Covid scare, is now a good time to waltz into a busy store to demo headphones?
Foot traffic is probably lower than usual for to the covid scare. They are likely throwing this promotion to increase foot traffic
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2017
3158 posts
6406 upvotes
scotsum wrote: Don't want to be a party pooper nor am I an apocalypse conspirator but considering the current Covid scare, is now a good time to waltz into a busy store to demo headphones? Buying BNIB & then return if not to taste is one thing but demo'ing multiples with direct hand/face contact isn't the most hygienic option in these present turbulent times.

Just a thought ya
Every time I have gone into BayBloor it has been fairly dead, its not really a place that relies on selling tons of volume as they mostly sell fairly high end equipment. Last time I was there some guy spent about $15K on speakers. Even prior to coronavirus they were cleaning headphones after each use, but I wasn't specifically talking about headphones though, they have lots of high end speakers and stuff that they are more than happy to demo for you.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 31, 2017
5182 posts
3058 upvotes
How good is the Sony? I have the beats noise cancellation (won't trade them in)
Deal Fanatic
Dec 27, 2007
8251 posts
5752 upvotes
discoblues wrote: Foot traffic is probably lower than usual for to the covid scare. They are likely throwing this promotion to increase foot traffic
They run this promo around this time every year
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2017
3158 posts
6406 upvotes
MyNameWasTaken wrote: How good is the Sony? I have the beats noise cancellation (won't trade them in)
I think the WH XM3 are the best ANC headphones on the market right now.
The overall SQ is pretty meh though, good for bluetooth, but a good pair of wired headphones that cost $200~ destroy it.
Deal Addict
Nov 8, 2007
2727 posts
522 upvotes
Markham
kimwoobingsu wrote: I think the WH XM3 are the best ANC headphones on the market right now.
The overall SQ is pretty meh though, good for bluetooth, but a good pair of wired headphones that cost $200~ destroy it.
Sony WH-1000XM4 headphone leak hints at even longer battery life
They look the same, but could last longer

https://www.theverge.com/platform/amp/2 ... ng-battery
Aug 11, 2017
562 posts
351 upvotes
Jackji wrote: Sorry, I'm confused, so you trade in anything for 100$ off of 399? so it comes to 299?

I have a working but really beat up beat solo HD...will they still accept that?
Yes but the questions are: did the original price get marked up and is 299 even a warm price for this model?
Deal Fanatic
Aug 4, 2008
5752 posts
2585 upvotes
Toronto
Roll wrote: Sony WH-1000XM4 headphone leak hints at even longer battery life
They look the same, but could last longer

https://www.theverge.com/platform/amp/2 ... ng-battery
XM4s lose APTx support.

The existing XM3s already have pretty good battery life.

What the XM4s should have focused on was lighter material design using newer batteries, improved microphones and multipoint device connection.

The XM4s won't be a must upgrade from the XM3s.
Feb 26, 2006
175 posts
23 upvotes
FYI

Bay Bloor Radio list price is $450 for the WH-1000XM3, after promo $350

Electronics For Less currently has the same model on sale for $350, minus code SALEMAIL brings it to $335

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)