• Sep 8th, 2018 9:19 am
Tags:
[OP]
Jun 6, 2003
15 posts
Toronto

The Bay's DISTINCTLY HOME Sofas

Hi RFD,

I'd like to poll this community to get their opinion on The Bay's sofa brand called "Distinctly Home". Looking for a good value sofa for $1000. Here is an example of a "mid-level" sofa that I'm interested in and price seems to be right given it's Bay Day sale => http://www.thebay.com/webapp/wcs/stores ... er-ii-sofa.

I went to the Bay and actually sat on it and it seems very comfortable. And reviewing the sofa specifications, it seems to meet the "quality" requirements of a sofa:

-Made in Canada [specifically Quebec as per the Sofa representative]
-Frame built of solid hardwood
-Seat features no-sag springs and high-density (1.9lbs) foam cushions that are polyester wrapped for long-term comfort and durability
-11.5 gauge back spring an ~9 gauge seat spring.

Appreciate the help.
6 replies
Deal Addict
Mar 24, 2016
1090 posts
1660 upvotes
scarborough
try looking at lazy boy. I purchased one on sale for $1299 reg $1999. The quality is very good compared to stuff that is sold by the brick or leons.

They had some for $999 sale price.

We bought at the lazy boy gallery at scarborough town.

Had to wait 4 weeks for manufacture. Very happy and comfortable
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
19441 posts
17144 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
Nothing these days beats LazyBoy for quality
Construction is top drawer
Buy one... lasts forever

AND it’s not your Grampa’s Recliner either
This company has evolved with the times

Not cheap tho

But ya buy it once and you are done

We have a Recliner from the 80s... lol
AND then a nice modern leather suite from about 15 years ago
Which looks BRAND NEW
Amazing quality / value for dollars spent

Would not buy a sofa anywhere else
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2007
3943 posts
2747 upvotes
Edmonton
waterlootest wrote: Hi RFD,

I'd like to poll this community to get their opinion on The Bay's sofa brand called "Distinctly Home". Looking for a good value sofa for $1000. Here is an example of a "mid-level" sofa that I'm interested in and price seems to be right given it's Bay Day sale => http://www.thebay.com/webapp/wcs/stores ... er-ii-sofa.

I went to the Bay and actually sat on it and it seems very comfortable. And reviewing the sofa specifications, it seems to meet the "quality" requirements of a sofa:

-Made in Canada [specifically Quebec as per the Sofa representative]
-Frame built of solid hardwood
-Seat features no-sag springs and high-density (1.9lbs) foam cushions that are polyester wrapped for long-term comfort and durability
-11.5 gauge back spring an ~9 gauge seat spring.

Appreciate the help.
Yea, I always buy sofas at the Bay. Just happens that I bought a Distictly Home but Andrea II model yesterday.
Sep 8, 2016
182 posts
118 upvotes
Toronto
starchoice wrote: Yea, I always buy sofas at the Bay. Just happens that I bought a Distictly Home but Andrea II model yesterday.
How is the Andrea II couch holding up? The Bay has a sale on this couch right now for 50% off. Saw it in store and liked the the size and fabric of the sofa.
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2007
3943 posts
2747 upvotes
Edmonton
jenn17 wrote: How is the Andrea II couch holding up? The Bay has a sale on this couch right now for 50% off. Saw it in store and liked the the size and fabric of the sofa.
Very happy with it so far. No issues. Quite comfortable.
Banned
Apr 5, 2013
5810 posts
2988 upvotes
keenland
we had "beaumark" or something like that , that was purchased at the bay in the 80's.. quality was excellent and lasted about 30 years with no issues or even wear in the fabric...very pleased with the quality.