BayStreetBets

Let's have our own canadian yolosGrinning Face With Smiling Eyes
35 replies
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2009
18738 posts
6506 upvotes
Toronto
Nothing interesting on the Canadian markets except for a hand ful...

Other than that, invest in the big 5 banks and get your dividends lol
Real Estate Agent, MAcc, CPA, CA
Deal Fanatic
Apr 8, 2010
5300 posts
1366 upvotes
Toronto
BatmoBeal wrote: Let's have our own canadian yolosGrinning Face With Smiling Eyes
Suncor, not really a yolo though. I think its pretty much a guaranteed 20+% this year
Jul 23, 2020
279 posts
227 upvotes
Gotoff wrote: Suncor, not really a yolo though. I think its pretty much a guaranteed 20+% this year
Yes suncor, get me out of the red please
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2009
18738 posts
6506 upvotes
Toronto
ricodeals wrote: Yes suncor, get me out of the red please
I've been stuck with Suncor since they bought out Oil Sands at a terrible deal for shareholders...Never going to recover from that lol.
Real Estate Agent, MAcc, CPA, CA
Sep 23, 2010
376 posts
150 upvotes
TORONTO
How be we just all dollar cost average the index. It can be the new counterculture. And our taxes won't have to increase to pay for a lot of gambling addict poor people.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 4, 2005
8013 posts
622 upvotes
Brampton
They already have this on Reddit.

Mainly just penny stocks
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2009
11006 posts
9491 upvotes
whats the biggest shorts on the TSX?

in before RFD gets shuts down by the OSC.
Nov 28, 2016
287 posts
321 upvotes
Asheron wrote: How be we just all dollar cost average the index. It can be the new counterculture. And our taxes won't have to increase to pay for a lot of gambling addict poor people.
Sorry but your taxes are going to increase regardless. People are already poor from covid. Government will come after all of us.
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2009
11006 posts
9491 upvotes
deal_with_singh wrote: I've been stuck with Suncor since they bought out Oil Sands at a terrible deal for shareholders...Never going to recover from that lol.
Stonkcor
Deal Addict
May 11, 2014
4598 posts
5423 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
Too late. Any great play in this was with Marc Cohodes shorting HCG, EQB, BAD and EIF. All which he ultimately lost, even HCG. According to his lawsuit, even with his most successful short, HCG, he lost money.
Support your local Credit Union!

Sask Pension Plan Upto $6600/yr in Credit Card spending on RRSP contributions
http://forums.redflagdeals.com/sask-pen ... ns-2167222
Deal Expert
Aug 6, 2001
15093 posts
3008 upvotes
Stuck in a Box
deal_with_singh wrote: Nothing interesting on the Canadian markets except for a hand ful...

Other than that, invest in the big 5 banks and get your dividends lol
I have actually lost on the banks..snooze fest
Jan 19, 2021
21 posts
13 upvotes
weedb0y wrote: I have actually lost on the banks..snooze fest
I thought that it was impossible to lose with the banks, at least in the long term.
Nov 28, 2017
157 posts
65 upvotes
user987 wrote: I thought that it was impossible to lose with the banks, at least in the long term.
With the introduction on financial tech, virtual payment systems, low/no fee banking, etc., there is going to be a downtrend in traditional banking. Now, it doesn't mean banks will become obsolete, they just need to adapt to the times.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2007
7150 posts
3952 upvotes
Winnipeg
jjblast wrote: With the introduction on financial tech, virtual payment systems, low/no fee banking, etc., there is going to be a downtrend in traditional banking. Now, it doesn't mean banks will become obsolete, they just need to adapt to the times.
banks can just buy this tech
"An essential aspect of creativity is not being afraid to fail." -- Edward Land
Nov 28, 2017
157 posts
65 upvotes
True, but banks are not known for being on the cutting edge of technological advances (still using SWIFT payment system). Any new tech disrupts their traditional business lines (even p2p lending).

So it will be up to them if they want to be on the forefront or play catchup.

Mind you, they have such an embedded relationship with worldwide governments and economies, it will be hard to churn that over in a short period.
Deal Addict
Sep 5, 2010
2330 posts
363 upvotes
Toronto
BatmoBeal wrote: Let's have our own canadian yolosGrinning Face With Smiling Eyes
Why would this get 17 thumbs down ? It can’t be the worst idea in the world.

For the record, not that I am so into the current GME frenzy, but I did give this a thumps up.
My Signature is empty. My signature space is not for sale. You may not contact me to advertise your RFD-related activities here. I repeat, this signature-space is not for sale, unless it is a ......day
Deal Expert
Aug 6, 2001
15093 posts
3008 upvotes
Stuck in a Box
faken wrote: banks can just buy this tech
But the enterprise burden doesn't go away, cultural and change management issues arise. Proofpoint, even the digital experiences across these banks are stuck in the 80s.