BAZZ Smart Home Site Wide Coupons + Free Shipping

Deal Link:
Savings:
20% OFF
Expiry:
August 31, 2020
Retailer:
BAZZ
Got two codes from bazz and have tested and all worked! Good for people who are looking for smart light and home automation products, sitewide! they also have FS for all orders that are $99 I believe

20% OFF Coupon: SUMMER20
$30 OFF Coupon with a minimum purchase of $200: BAZZ30OFF

Enjoy shopping!
Images
  • 1233333333.JPG
14 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 26, 2005
4423 posts
23068 upvotes
Montreal
When I think Smart Home + IoT, I don't look up Bazz as my first supplier of devices.
[OP]
Nov 23, 2010
364 posts
174 upvotes
Montreal
krazykanuck wrote: When I think Smart Home + IoT, I don't look up Bazz as my first supplier of devices.
Let me know if you have other options, I am so eager to look for cheap smart light deal!
Nov 18, 2016
151 posts
239 upvotes
It’s double the price if not triple but IMO Lutron Caseta offers the best bang for your buck in lighting automation. Dimmers with a pico remote can be had for 60$.

Their Clear Connect proprietary system is just rock solid. With something like light switches, you want 100% reliability. 98% just won’t cut it.

I don’t want to start a debate with z-wave products and mesh networks, I’m not an expert but Lutron put their products to the utmost standards. If I’m not mistaken 400 ms is their longest tolerated lag to give you an idea.

I’m a true RFDer, but to me peace of mind with basic things (like lighting in a home) is worth paying a little bit more.

Just my 2 cents and thanks for sharing Slightly Smiling Face
Nov 19, 2009
623 posts
451 upvotes
Toronto
TheInsider wrote: It’s double the price if not triple but IMO Lutron Caseta offers the best bang for your buck in lighting automation. Dimmers with a pico remote can be had for 60$.

Their Clear Connect proprietary system is just rock solid. With something like light switches, you want 100% reliability. 98% just won’t cut it.

I don’t want to start a debate with z-wave products and mesh networks, I’m not an expert but Lutron put their products to the utmost standards. If I’m not mistaken 400 ms is their longest tolerated lag to give you an idea.

I’m a true RFDer, but to me peace of mind with basic things (like lighting in a home) is worth paying a little bit more.

Just my 2 cents and thanks for sharing Slightly Smiling Face
100 percent agreed. Live in an older condo and it was the only system I could install. Works perfectly. Combined with a harmony hub and google assistant, everything is automated beautifully . There may be better and cheaper out there, but lutron just works.... And was reasonably priced.
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2014
1225 posts
1497 upvotes
Gud Ol' Ontariuh Boy
I have Bazz lighting in my basement (RGB wifi 6" recessed lights) and I've been pretty impressed with them. Best part is they are like not even 1" deep so they can be put in some preeeeetty tight spaces; just gotta mount the box. Colour and white is uniform and can get as bright as you'd ever need (one of my presets is called "Staring Into The Damn Sun" for when we clean since it's easiest to have it bright AF in the room). Speaking of presets...

...their Bazz app is pure shit to be sure, prob one of the most unintuitive pieces of software I've ever used. Looping menus, unsaved presets, EXTREMELY hidden common settings, etc. It had to be handed out to the lowest bidder cause it is TERRIBAD. I literally only used it to set up the presets (worst part) but thankfully once that's done with all you need it for is swapping between them (which they are nicely laid out on the home screen).

Make sure to not have them on a dimmer (obvi) even though their documentation states that it'll have no issues...unless you want some severe humming. I kinda wish when you used the light switch to turn them off and on that it remembered what your last preset was. This may not be an issue for many but for us, we have them in our theatre room where we pretty much only use a "TV/Movie Watching" preset (like a faded orange along the sides of the room in otherwise darkness) but we have to use the app. If we were to just turn off and on the switch it would simply go back to the default white 4500k (not sure exact) mid-high brightness setting. Prob not a huge deal for many.

Anywho I'm happy with the lights themselves as they work as intended and were cheap. I can try to answer any other questions if people have them.
[OP]
Nov 23, 2010
364 posts
174 upvotes
Montreal
ChippewaBarr wrote: I have Bazz lighting in my basement (RGB wifi 6" recessed lights) and I've been pretty impressed with them. Best part is they are like not even 1" deep so they can be put in some preeeeetty tight spaces; just gotta mount the box. Colour and white is uniform and can get as bright as you'd ever need (one of my presets is called "Staring Into The Damn Sun" for when we clean since it's easiest to have it bright AF in the room). Speaking of presets...

...their Bazz app is pure shit to be sure, prob one of the most unintuitive pieces of software I've ever used. Looping menus, unsaved presets, EXTREMELY hidden common settings, etc. It had to be handed out to the lowest bidder cause it is TERRIBAD. I literally only used it to set up the presets (worst part) but thankfully once that's done with all you need it for is swapping between them (which they are nicely laid out on the home screen).

Yeah that was the reason I recommend them for the lighting, I had purchased a smart wifi camera and 6" RGB lights from them before and it works like shine!

Make sure to not have them on a dimmer (obvi) even though their documentation states that it'll have no issues...unless you want some severe humming. I kinda wish when you used the light switch to turn them off and on that it remembered what your last preset was. This may not be an issue for many but for us, we have them in our theatre room where we pretty much only use a "TV/Movie Watching" preset (like a faded orange along the sides of the room in otherwise darkness) but we have to use the app. If we were to just turn off and on the switch it would simply go back to the default white 4500k (not sure exact) mid-high brightness setting. Prob not a huge deal for many.

Anywho I'm happy with the lights themselves as they work as intended and were cheap. I can try to answer any other questions if people have them.
[OP]
Nov 23, 2010
364 posts
174 upvotes
Montreal
Malta wrote: 100 percent agreed. Live in an older condo and it was the only system I could install. Works perfectly. Combined with a harmony hub and google assistant, everything is automated beautifully . There may be better and cheaper out there, but lutron just works.... And was reasonably priced.
I think installing a security system such as alert set or wifi camera is still doable, you do not really need to connect to your current electric wire, a battery power trigger will be good to go too!
Jan 20, 2011
129 posts
8 upvotes
MONTR
nobodylulukkkk wrote: I think installing a security system such as alert set or wifi camera is still doable, you do not really need to connect to your current electric wire, a battery power trigger will be good to go too!
Their lighting fixtures is good and can be found in lots of sale fronts, however their for the camera, there are always other options like ring and Yi... etc
Oct 8, 2015
22 posts
31 upvotes
Thinking of trying the Alarm kit set, any thoughts you guys?
[OP]
Nov 23, 2010
364 posts
174 upvotes
Montreal
changes123 wrote: Thinking of trying the Alarm kit set, any thoughts you guys?
depend on your preferred brand, but if you meant to use the 30 off coupon from bazz for a bundle, then I will suggest this one, or you can check their collection page to get alarm, motion sensor or wifi camera, I hope that this is helping!

https://www.bazzsmarthome.ca/collection ... -alarm-kit
[OP]
Nov 23, 2010
364 posts
174 upvotes
Montreal
nobodylulukkkk wrote: depend on your preferred brand, but if you meant to use the 30 off coupon from bazz for a bundle, then I will suggest this one, or you can check their collection page to get alarm, motion sensor or wifi camera, I hope that this is helping!

https://www.bazzsmarthome.ca/collection ... -alarm-kit

And also feel free to read this review by pcmag, I am also very interested about the Ring alarm kit as well, worth to check it out !
https://www.pcmag.com/picks/the-best-sm ... ty-systems
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2013
1822 posts
1871 upvotes
Montreal
How is bazz compared to philips ??
❗ We buy things that we don't need, with money that we don't have, to impress people that we don't like. ❗