Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

BB BF ASUS 32" Monitor $329.99

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 26th, 2017 12:27 am
Tags:
Oct 14, 2015
548 posts
644 upvotes
Halifax, NS

BB BF ASUS 32" Monitor $329.99

Deal Link:
Price:
Savings:
$120
Saw BB is having a warm PP for a 32" monitor ASUS. $329.99

I was looking to upgrade my gaming setup.
I have tried the 55" HDTV 4K setup with the Harrier TV display port 2.0 given my 1080 GC I found the display lag significant.
So I am thinking 2 monitors 64" of display real estate.
Pros;
Slim bezel, 2K resolution, IPS, VESA mount. Ebates 3%
thoughts ?

edited for title
Images
  • Capture.PNG
Last edited by bigdukesixer on Nov 19th, 2017 8:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
42 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jan 25, 2004
7009 posts
6859 upvotes
Ottawa
thoughts ?
You are going to get crucified for not linking to the deal and for a crappy title.
Nov 18, 2003
191 posts
249 upvotes
Konowl wrote: You are going to get crucified for not linking to the deal and for a crappy title.
OP, this guy may have literally saved your life.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 25, 2004
7009 posts
6859 upvotes
Ottawa
sohrab wrote: OP, this guy may have literally saved your life.
I could hear the collective RFD masses sharpening their pitchforks, cutting down trees, and reading random biblical verses.
Mar 7, 2011
997 posts
1013 upvotes
That’s a lot of real estate. Depends if you want 4K I think
Deal Addict
Jan 6, 2004
4255 posts
833 upvotes
T.O.
I have this monitor and it’s awesome! I don’t game, so i cannot atest to that. Thinking about getting another one.
Heatware: Link
HowardForums: Link
Deal Addict
Aug 7, 2008
3350 posts
2446 upvotes
Montreal
If you want 64" of screen real estate, you need 4 of these in a quad formation.. not 2.
Aug 26, 2006
778 posts
527 upvotes
Montreal Area
im thinking of getting this to replace my 2k 32" + 2k 28" .. make my desk looks more symmetric... i have too much money to burn i guess
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2008
1230 posts
659 upvotes
Vancouver
Also reconsidering this. I bought the HP Pav 32 last fall, then this model went on sale for both BF and Boxing week, then i felt a lot of buyer remorse for not sticking with IPS. Editing with the HP is not very good, it has a yellow tinge which greatly affects the videos i am editing, compared to my Dell ultrasharp IPS. Yes, i have tried custom settings and every preset setting available. Anyone have this Asus do any editing?
Nov 26, 2013
680 posts
408 upvotes
MTL
Need advise here... I got two 27in 2k monitors from last Lenovo deal...should I jump on this? I really wanna a 32in 4K monitor, then is it worth just to buy a 40in 4k tv? Any thought ?
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2008
1787 posts
275 upvotes
thefeebster wrote: Also reconsidering this. I bought the HP Pav 32 last fall, then this model went on sale for both BF and Boxing week, then i felt a lot of buyer remorse for not sticking with IPS. Editing with the HP is not very good, it has a yellow tinge which greatly affects the videos i am editing, compared to my Dell ultrasharp IPS. Yes, i have tried custom settings and every preset setting available. Anyone have this Asus do any editing?
I bought the HP pav 32 as well last year and used it for photo editing. There's slight color shift when not looking head on but I haven't noticed any yellow tinge though.

I use the photo setting, turned down the brightness to 60 and color calibrated it using a color puck.

You can try my color profile if you want : https://www.dropbox.com/s/nsj9y560b287q ... 2.icm?dl=0
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2006
1905 posts
894 upvotes
GTA
It's a decent deal, but I believe these were priced at $299 last year on boxing day for reference.
Apr 18, 2012
175 posts
53 upvotes
Saint-Jean-Sur-Riche…
Would that be a good monitor for photo edition (Lr and PS+ 3rd party similar apps)
Deal Addict
Feb 4, 2008
1981 posts
603 upvotes
toronto
would consider at 299
think first, buy later.
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2010
4024 posts
2374 upvotes
Ottawa
daviiiiiid wrote: If you want 64" of screen real estate, you need 4 of these in a quad formation.. not 2.
nice. looks like somebody understands either how area works or how Pythagorean works.
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2008
1230 posts
659 upvotes
Vancouver
AzureD wrote: I bought the HP pav 32 as well last year and used it for photo editing. There's slight color shift when not looking head on but I haven't noticed any yellow tinge though.

I use the photo setting, turned down the brightness to 60 and color calibrated it using a color puck.

You can try my color profile if you want : https://www.dropbox.com/s/nsj9y560b287q ... 2.icm?dl=0
Thanks for sharing. I installed and tried this, but it still has a yellow tinge. The HP's VA not as bad as a TN, but i sort of think white balance is still off for me. For example (my common use-case), when i made a video in premiere, using the HP for editing and used manual color correction/brightness on each clip in premiere, and exported&uploaded it to youtube, then watched the video on a phone/ipad, it looked really odd, whites were all off and some clips were way too bright. So i redid the video and manually corrected the colors/brightness in premiere, using the Dell as the editing monitor, uploaded to YT. The whites in the video on the phone/ipad are the same as the whites that i saw on the Dell.

I am starting to think this is just a VA issue, so i think my options are: to move to this Asus or just get 2 more Ultrasharps (but would miss the real estate/freesync of the 32" when gaming).
Deal Expert
Oct 19, 2003
20241 posts
8367 upvotes
Toronto (Bloor West …
After playing Destiny 2 in glorious HDR with my 1080, I personally would not be able to go back to a non-HDR display now.
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2008
1787 posts
275 upvotes
BinaryJay wrote: After playing Destiny 2 in glorious HDR with my 1080, I personally would not be able to go back to a non-HDR display now.
Not too familiar with HDR display here, isn't that just basically rebranded wide gamut monitor ?
Deal Guru
Jul 8, 2009
12833 posts
6665 upvotes
Not too bad i want to upgrade my 2 27 inch lg's i bought in the spring and this might just do.
ING Direct since the beginning! Tangerine to the end!
Public Mobile user! Fido User!
EQ BANK!! SIMPLii !! Tangerine!!
Buy first think later!