Expired Hot Deals

[Best Buy] BB/CC - Seagate Expansion USB 3.0 HDD | 3TB = $113.99 & 500GB = $55.99 (with PM)

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 27th, 2012 5:58 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2008
1285 posts
63 upvotes
Toronto
plymouthhater wrote: I PM'd the 3 TB HDD at Stooples and used the $15 off $100 code. Thanks OP
How does the PM work at staples nowadays? Order then call in or call in and order?
Deal Addict
May 16, 2007
1584 posts
76 upvotes
Just PMed with NCIX and got free shipping, came to about $135 and change all in. Not bad, shipped to my door and I dont even have to get off the couch!
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2012
2838 posts
863 upvotes
Starkicker wrote: Just PMed with NCIX and got free shipping, came to about $135 and change all in. Not bad, shipped to my door and I dont even have to get off the couch!
Fat :|
Mar 27, 2008
551 posts
59 upvotes
Etobicoke
Called best buy to price match on line. Came out to $128 plus change all in, tax and free delivery. Great price. thanks for all the tips guys.
Aug 17, 2010
576 posts
156 upvotes
Laval
Any way to price match with the coupon code in store or would I need to print out a Staples coupon?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 30, 2006
4528 posts
16892 upvotes
TORONTO
demez wrote: Any way to price match with the coupon code in store or would I need to print out a Staples coupon?
See below;
101lol wrote: I used the coupon instore (eventho it explicitly says online/phone only). So i got it for PM, minus 15 dollars, and 10 dollar sears giftcard.
Just ask for manager tho. The sales clerks will read coupon and say no, but manager said to try the code. So in theory, you only need code.
YMMV on that one.
Oct 31, 2006
135 posts
59 upvotes
Halifax
wilhelmthe1st wrote: PM'd at Best Buy via e-mail. Thanks OP.

Only had a $10 off Staples coupon that expired at the end of July, otherwise would have gone that route.
Whats the email address to PM at Best Buy? I've been looking on there site but I can't find it.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 17, 2007
5446 posts
1269 upvotes
I tried submitting the PM via e-mail but I keep getting an error!
Deal Expert
Mar 14, 2009
15165 posts
6176 upvotes
I just got one of these at Future Shop and it's getting 190mb/sec sequential reads and 160mb/sec sequential writes over the USB 3.0 connection. It's blazing fast! Thanks OP! I think it came to $116.98 at Future Shop.

I don't see the need to pop out the drive and use it as an internal drive considering how fast it is over USB 3.0.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 30, 2006
4528 posts
16892 upvotes
TORONTO
zenox wrote: Whats the email address to PM at Best Buy? I've been looking on there site but I can't find it.
customerservice@bestbuycanada.ca
game_fanatic wrote: I tried submitting the PM via e-mail but I keep getting an error!
Can you elaborate on the error you are getting?
SickBeast wrote: I just got one of these at Future Shop and it's getting 190mb/sec sequential reads and 160mb/sec sequential writes over the USB 3.0 connection. It's blazing fast! Thanks OP! I think it came to $116.98 at Future Shop.

I don't see the need to pop out the drive and use it as an internal drive considering how fast it is over USB 3.0.
Borat: Very nice!
Aug 17, 2010
576 posts
156 upvotes
Laval
116.98? That must have been before taxes right? So I just picked one up at my local Staples, thankfully the manager and employees there are usually pretty nice and helpful. Was also lucky that CC still had in stock at my local store so we avoided going through the process of checking the shipping cost, etc. Was a bit hesitant at first to enter the $15 off 100 code without an actual coupon, since I only wrote it on a piece of paper but he entered it no prob when we went to the checkout. Total after taxes was $120.71, pretty good deal for a 3tb, thanks op.
Deal Expert
Mar 25, 2003
15853 posts
4375 upvotes
Markham
I just pop it open, very minimal damage compare what some people posted on the net. You should start to open from the backside, not front side
i can put the cover back and it doesn't look like it was openede before :)

the hard drive inside is Barracuda model ST3000DM001
96TB Mediasonic H82-SU3S2 / 72TB Raid 50 on Mediasonic H8R2-SU3S2
48TB Node 304 / i5-3570 / Server 2016 Essentials
12TB HP Mediasmart EX 495 (E8400, 3.0GHZ, 4GB Mushkin), with Server 2016 Essentials
16TB Qnap TS-459 Pro
Aug 17, 2010
576 posts
156 upvotes
Laval
I'm actually debating popping it as an internal as 7200rpm running this quiet, I'm sure it's running hot and large capacity drives are usually unpredictable to begin with. I just hope I can do it without scratching it at all, don't want to void the warranty in case something happens.
Deal Expert
Mar 25, 2003
15853 posts
4375 upvotes
Markham
demez wrote: I'm actually debating popping it as an internal as 7200rpm running this quiet, I'm sure it's running hot and large capacity drives are usually unpredictable to begin with. I just hope I can do it without scratching it at all, don't want to void the warranty in case something happens.
I just went to seagate warranty Validation check, Using the internal hard drive model and serial # , it says in Warranty .... expiration 16-Sep-2013 ( so that is like a 13 month warranty :) )
so even if you damage the case when you pry open, you can still RMA the hard drive only ... if it breaks within 1 year
96TB Mediasonic H82-SU3S2 / 72TB Raid 50 on Mediasonic H8R2-SU3S2
48TB Node 304 / i5-3570 / Server 2016 Essentials
12TB HP Mediasmart EX 495 (E8400, 3.0GHZ, 4GB Mushkin), with Server 2016 Essentials
16TB Qnap TS-459 Pro
Deal Fanatic
Sep 4, 2009
6575 posts
716 upvotes
Thank you for this deal. PM'd with BB for free shipping by PHONE (have to order online to shipping address first then call in). Finally almost pre-flood prices just in time too. Thanked.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 17, 2007
5446 posts
1269 upvotes
anon_s wrote: Can you elaborate on the error you are getting?
Copied & pasted from the FS website; (sorry for no screenshot)
Sorry, an error occurred while processing your request.
The page may be temporarily unavailable or may no longer exist.
Please take a moment to provide us feedback by clicking the button below and telling us what you were attempting to do when this error occurred.
Your input will help us improve the quality of the site for our customers.

It's funny, when I click the button that says "Leave Feedback", it brings me back to the 'Contact Us' page, which is where I'm getting stuck in the first place!
Deal Expert
Mar 14, 2009
15165 posts
6176 upvotes
demez wrote: 116.98? That must have been before taxes right? So I just picked one up at my local Staples, thankfully the manager and employees there are usually pretty nice and helpful. Was also lucky that CC still had in stock at my local store so we avoided going through the process of checking the shipping cost, etc. Was a bit hesitant at first to enter the $15 off 100 code without an actual coupon, since I only wrote it on a piece of paper but he entered it no prob when we went to the checkout. Total after taxes was $120.71, pretty good deal for a 3tb, thanks op.
Yes, before taxes. I only went to future shop because I had a $100 gift card to spend.
Deal Addict
Jul 28, 2011
1128 posts
197 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
rageking wrote: Thank you for this deal. PM'd with BB for free shipping by PHONE (have to order online to shipping address first then call in). Finally almost pre-flood prices just in time too. Thanked.
Bought this drive at futureshop online for local pickup, called the "customer service" hotline and the stupid rep said they can't price match orders for pickup over the phone. By the time I get to the store its gonna be out of stock at Canada Computers

Nyd
Deal Guru
Dec 23, 2003
14704 posts
3181 upvotes
Toronto
I just got back from Staples and they price matched it against this: http://www.staples.ca/ENG/Catalog/cat_s ... xedcode=WW

Basically, I got a drive with longer warranty (2 year vs. 1 year), backup software, and a capacity gauge for the same price.

Not bad for the price. Thanks OP.
Car Batteries - FAQ, General Information, Tips & Tricks

Car Buying Tips & Tricks

My Cell Phone Providers: Koodo Mobile and Zoomer Wireless