Expired Hot Deals

[Best Buy] BB/CC - Seagate Expansion USB 3.0 HDD | 3TB = $113.99 & 500GB = $55.99 (with PM)

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 27th, 2012 5:58 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Jan 30, 2004
4226 posts
614 upvotes
Toronto
I need a USB 3.0 PCI adapter to test this external hard drive.but according to people's opinion here,I may return it to BB as well.
Heatware

Go Portugal Go
Jul 5, 2006
310 posts
45 upvotes
rageking wrote: Just stick the whole enclosure into your computer case and use it that way. You have to remove the bottom of the enclosure and that normally snaps off, and stick a slightly shaved off sata cable plastic and stick a normal sata power cable into it.

At least you will get full speed and the full warranty. Removing the drive from the enclosure will yield you more of a headache and no warranty.

I find due to the controlled vacuum of the computer case, the temperatures are similar or better than if i used th drive outside of the case.

I have a pile of drives and a hot swap bay so I'd get full speed without cluttering up the inside of my case and save an ac adapter.

Also according to Keigotw the drive inside has its own warranty.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 4, 2009
6575 posts
716 upvotes
mark001 wrote: I have a pile of drives and a hot swap bay so I'd get full speed without cluttering up the inside of my case and save an ac adapter.

Also according to Keigotw the drive inside has its own warranty.

He's wrong. Tech support said otherwise. They could be lying but what makes u think they dont have a list of what drives came bare or from an enclosure? Open at your own risk.