Expired Hot Deals

[Best Buy] BB/FS: MOTOROKR S9 Bluetooth stereo headset $58 after PM (reg $135)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 11th, 2008 7:56 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 15, 2004
3577 posts
499 upvotes
Richmond

[Best Buy] BB/FS: MOTOROKR S9 Bluetooth stereo headset $58 after PM (reg $135)

Hot, warm or cold deal? You tell me...

[rfdlink=109]The Source[/rfdlink] has the Motorola MOTOROKR S9 on sale for $64.99 until Nov 12th. TSCC link
In stock online, and 1 or more units in most [rfdlink=109]TSCC[/rfdlink] locations of the GVRD.

Best Buy price is $134.99 in store ($101.24 if you buy thru online only sale). BB link
Price at BB after PM :arrow: $64.99 - [($134.99 - $64.99) x 10%] = $57.99

Future Shop price is $133.99. FS link
Price at FS after PM :arrow: $64.99 - [($133.99 - $64.99) x 10%] = $58.09

[IMG]http://www.bestbuy.ca/multimedia/produc ... 090128.jpg[/IMG]
3 replies
Nov 10, 2006
38 posts
Airdrie
I would avoid these like anthrax. I had two die on me in a span of 5 months.
Nov 10, 2008
2 posts
GTA
I got these refurb from TigerDirect for 49.99. pretty good, occassionally choppy with motion, but whatever you do, don't get them wet. even a little sweat can mess these things up. seems to dry out and start working again but maybe I got lucky :-)
May 5, 2007
425 posts
23 upvotes
isajoo wrote: Thanks for the tip.
I seem to have bad luck with bluetooth stereo headsets.

been thinking about buying this S9 clone:
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.2354

I think I will hold out a couple of months for newer models.
I went through 2 clones before I realized it's not as good as the original. I ended up getting a refurbed original(basically a new one) and it has been working flawlessly for the last 8 month. I use it mostly to listen to audio books and some music during workout. The battery lasts approximately 6 hours of constant use.

When not using it for A2DP/AVRC, but for telephony, it is not so good. During phone conversation, only the left side works for speaker because the right side becomes the "mike". People sometimes have difficulty hearing you and you have to speak a little louder than usual bluetooth monosets. People so look at you 'funny' because the headset is really low profile and sometimes they don't see it. Even if they do, they only probably perceive it as a stereo headset.

If you can get it for $55 or less, it is a great deal I think. Thanks OP. I might get another one for backup.