• Aug 15th, 2013 12:18 pm
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jun 2, 2006
6503 posts
1235 upvotes
Mississauga

[Best Buy] BB: Logitech Solar Powered Keyboard for Mac - 49.99 Aug 15 Only

Part of their mac flash sale today. I love this keyboard, much better than the stock one.

[IMG]http://www.bestbuy.ca/multimedia/Produc ... 204750.jpg[/IMG]

www.bestbuy.ca/Search/SearchResults.asp ... lash_Apple
15 replies
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jun 2, 2006
6503 posts
1235 upvotes
Mississauga
I haven't tested it on my android phone but since it uses bluetooth, I assume it works. Works fine with my mac mini and ipad.

Since its solar powered, you don't have to worry about swapping out batteries every month.
Deal Expert
Oct 19, 2003
20143 posts
8190 upvotes
Toronto (Bloor West …
soccerboy wrote: For Mac? That means it wouldn't pair with an android device?
The only thing for mc about it is that it has keys with the silk printed apple key on it or whatever... it's just a matter of keymap. Still, solar keyboard what a gimmick.
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
16627 posts
32247 upvotes
Scarborough
If only it were the K750 for sale! I have about 5 Apple BT keyboards kicking around but I want a num pad and not have to replace the batteries.
RFD Staff - Have a question? Send me a PM
[Forum Rules] [Deal Alerts]
Nov 24, 2004
501 posts
30 upvotes
Toronto
BinaryJay wrote: Still, solar keyboard what a gimmick.
not so! i hate change AA cells on my wireless keyboards. they don't last very long.
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
56001 posts
20911 upvotes
Longobongo wrote: I haven't tested it on my android phone but since it uses bluetooth, I assume it works. Works fine with my mac mini and ipad.

Since its solar powered, you don't have to worry about swapping out batteries every month.
What about during night time, will CFL, LED lighting be sufficient?
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jun 2, 2006
6503 posts
1235 upvotes
Mississauga
Yes a day with just room light should be enough to charge it for a month. You don't have to take it outside and point it towards the sun, unless you want too lol.
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
56001 posts
20911 upvotes
Longobongo wrote: Yes a day with just room light should be enough to charge it for a month. You don't have to take it outside and point it towards the sun, unless you want too lol.
I see. :) How ergonomic is it?
Jun 25, 2010
446 posts
82 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
No numpad which is a deal-breaker for me, but sounds nice.
Jun 16, 2008
954 posts
990 upvotes
Was about to jump on this myself, but the lack of numpad was also a problem for me.

Then I noticed Logitech.com has the full-size K750 for $69.99 with free shipping. Use the promo code logisave5ca to save an extra $5 too:

http://www.logitech.com/en-ca/product/w ... ac?crid=26

The only caveat I can see is that this one isn't bluetooth, so the unifying receiver will take up a USB port. Think I'll still pass, but hopefully this is helpful to someone else!
Jun 25, 2010
446 posts
82 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
cookedDeals wrote: Was about to jump on this myself, but the lack of numpad was also a problem for me.

Then I noticed Logitech.com has the full-size K750 for $69.99 with free shipping. Use the promo code logisave5ca to save an extra $5 too:

http://www.logitech.com/en-ca/product/w ... ac?crid=26

The only caveat I can see is that this one isn't bluetooth, so the unifying receiver will take up a USB port. Think I'll still pass, but hopefully this is helpful to someone else!
Nice keyboard, a tad overpriced I think though.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jun 2, 2006
6503 posts
1235 upvotes
Mississauga
alanbrenton wrote: I see. :) How ergonomic is it?
It has a little bit of flex and the big solar panel increases the keyboard's footprint but its pretty light. I rarely use the numpad so I like the compact size. You also get to switch between devices with a single keypress. The keys on it I think are better than the Apple version since they slightly concave.

Shows OOS online for me now.
Jul 29, 2011
186 posts
263 upvotes
Vancouver
Thanks for this OP, great keyboard for a great price.