Tags:
[OP]
Dec 27, 2007
22396 posts
14697 upvotes
Kitchener

[Best Buy] BB: MacGyver The Complete Collection (39 DVDs), $40 FS

Least price ever @ $40.

Lowest price was few months back @ amazon for $46 (old packaging).

All 39 discs.

Yes they are DVDs, no there will be no BR release of it, and yes its probably cheaper if you can find it on NF.

This is the updated packaging (not the scratching hard paper sleeves).

Picture quality is not bad at all given age and source.

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/mac ... 16538.aspx

15 replies
Deal Fanatic
Nov 19, 2003
5219 posts
2839 upvotes
A Place to Stand
Why would you buy this? You can easily make this whole set yourself with a paper clip, a hairbrush and some pine cones.
Deal Addict
Dec 22, 2014
3433 posts
3441 upvotes
Mordor
midget_man wrote: Why would you buy this? You can easily make this whole set yourself with a paper clip, a hairbrush and some pine cones.
You are missing bubble gum wrapper
Deal Addict
May 21, 2004
2040 posts
318 upvotes
Thanks OP. According to the details, this appears to be the new release as pictured on the site and not the old release as in the Youtube video.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 1, 2005
6031 posts
3801 upvotes
Toronto
midget_man wrote: Why would you buy this? You can easily make this whole set yourself with a paper clip, a hairbrush and some pine cones.
ShadowMordor wrote: You are missing bubble gum wrapper
Newb's, you need a lightbulb to bake the discs.
:arrowd: B/S/T Threads :arrowd:
[FS] N/A
[WTB] N/A
Nov 26, 2011
139 posts
83 upvotes
Windsor Junction
The BB site (and the OP) have the title of this DVD set incorrectly listed. "MacGyver The Complete Series" is the set that apparently had the terrible packaging. The one that BB is selling, based on the image on the BB Site is "MacGyver The Complete Collection", which supposedly has better packaging.

This is very tempting for $40 (Free shipping), considering it is 39 DVDs, and this was a long loved show of mine from my childhood ... too bad it isn't on BluRay, which could have significantly reduced the amount of discs needed for the set ... decisions decisions
Deal Fanatic
Dec 27, 2006
6138 posts
2880 upvotes
Cornwall PE
aasoror wrote: no there will be no BR release of it
You don't need a br disc. Just place the dvd on an old stereo turntable, put a blue christmas light bulb in a lamp and point it at the dvd and splice a hdmi cable into the ac cord and plug it into your tv and instant 1080p.

Any way I know people who still refer to duct tape as macgyver tape.
Thanks OP in for one I think.
Dun with posting deals.
My STORAGE SHED!
Linux User 412309
Deal Expert
Jun 14, 2001
15556 posts
1024 upvotes
Man this is cheap for a complete series with so many discs.

I sooo wish I wanted this series right now just for the price.

Its rare that BB beats out Amazon on DVD deals. Let's hope this is a start of a trend.
Should we have open retail markets to bring more UK and US retailers to Canada?wegmans-tops-trader-joes-americas-favou ... #p27788812
Nov 10, 2003
730 posts
322 upvotes
Richmond
This is one of my favorites when I was a kid.
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2003
3192 posts
875 upvotes
Toronto
Who has time to shove 39 optical discs into a drive....lol...awesome show but really..lol
[OP]
Dec 27, 2007
22396 posts
14697 upvotes
Kitchener
pattontj wrote: The BB site (and the OP) have the title of this DVD set incorrectly listed. "MacGyver The Complete Series" is the set that apparently had the terrible packaging. The one that BB is selling, based on the image on the BB Site is "MacGyver The Complete Collection", which supposedly has better packaging.
Good catch, OP updated.
BTW, stock went from 10 to 5 since the original post.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 27, 2007
9136 posts
2091 upvotes
Trump Uni Dropout
They ruined it when the Paparazzi caught him stuck on the road, standing outside his car, unable to fix a flat tire a few years back, and waiting for the tow truck :(
Nov 23, 2012
434 posts
337 upvotes
Brossard
RFD - you never fail me - Came for the deal, stayed for the hilarious puns.
Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2010
4863 posts
3536 upvotes
Burnaby
Corleone187 wrote: They ruined it when the Paparazzi caught him stuck on the road, standing outside his car, unable to fix a flat tire a few years back, and waiting for the tow truck :(
He's not alone. XXX, and Fast and the Furious Vin Diesel real-life driving skills:

[video][/video]