Tags:
None
[OP]
Nov 26, 2003
885 posts
73 upvotes
gta

BB order from last nite .. OOS .. WTF

I order a few things last nite from BB.. After some server issues my order went through and was confirmed(got confirm email) .. 10 Hours later i get an email saying that my order is oos .. WTF ???? anyone else have this problem

Nats
14 replies
Banned
Aug 31, 2003
1422 posts
are you sure you weren't shopping at staples?
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2003
8419 posts
953 upvotes
I remember last year they run OOS on some harddrive, but they still get enough of them to fulfill every order even it takes longer than normal delivery time
October 2015 for sale, PM for details!
PS3 EA Sports Active 2 $20
195-65-15 Winter tire with alloy wheel $500
Dec 1, 2003
757 posts
38 upvotes
smpmush wrote:I order a few things last nite from BB.. After some server issues my order went through and was confirmed(got confirm email) .. 10 Hours later i get an email saying that my order is oos .. WTF ???? anyone else have this problem

Nats
I got something similar:
bestbuy email wrote:The in-stock position of the following item has unexpectedly changed and your order will be delayed. We are making every attempt to minimize the wait, and we'll send you a ship notice email as soon as the item becomes available.
Deal Addict
Aug 28, 2002
1680 posts
2 upvotes
fs and bb still ship tho when oos unlike staples.
[OP]
Nov 26, 2003
885 posts
73 upvotes
gta
Well i hope I get the stuff, i ordered .. not sure if i should go line up tomorrow now or what :?:
Oct 2, 2003
555 posts
Scarborough, ON
So far no OOS notice to me either from BB or FS on all my orders.
----------------(;゚∀゚)...I am not Anime Otoko,---------------
Now Watching: Naruto, Accel World, Fate/Zero, Gundam Age,
Hyouka, Natsuiro Kiseki, Nazo no Kanojo X, Acchi Kocchi, Sankarea,
Kore wa zombie desuka of the Dead, ZETMAN, Sket Dance & more...

----------------I am RFD Otoko......\(^o^)/--------------------
Aug 24, 2003
416 posts
I received the same email from Futureshop the next as well. It's like their stock "unexpectedly" went missing?
Jul 31, 2004
802 posts
60 upvotes
Vancouver
More likely with all the stress on their servers, the stock levels weren't updating that quickly.
[OP]
Nov 26, 2003
885 posts
73 upvotes
gta
Now my order status shows 3 out of 4 items ready for shipping .. The lexar 512 cf seems to be the product in question... > :( Well no rush for it as long as it shows up at the "sweet" price! :cheesygri

SMP..

I sure wish they would restock the motorola gmsr radio's .... I don't want to linee up just for those tomorrow :mad:
Deal Expert
Nov 11, 2004
62810 posts
364 upvotes
wild wrote:are you sure you weren't shopping at staples?
---------------

lol.... good one... :lol:

well 4 me, no prblms with my orders at FS

as for BB, i don't even HAVE a frikin order, considering last night's messed up server prblem and their "critical errors".... i did wanna order the fuji dvds, but OOS WAY2fast.... hope they restock soon..

MJM ;)
Jan 14, 2003
104 posts
3 upvotes
I got a email from fs claiming 'unsexpectly dealy' of the 256 mb USB drive
Jul 1, 2003
414 posts
Vchan3 wrote:I got a email from fs claiming 'unsexpectly dealy' of the 256 mb USB drive

LOL the person who wrote that email needs to get a spelling checker installed !!
Deal Guru
Feb 13, 2004
10522 posts
645 upvotes
Mississauga
krispy wrote:I received the same email from Futureshop the next as well. It's like their stock "unexpectedly" went missing?
I doubt that happened.

My guess would be that FS knew they only had X units on the shelf but posted X + Y units for sale knowing that those Y units are on order from the reseller or in transit. So, from the begining those Y units were destined to get be OOS; you'll still get the item, but you'll need to give them a bit of time to get their affairs in order.

I saw a snippet on the news today regarding an interview with a FS official who commented that FS's policy regarding Boxing Week is to restock the shelves whereever possible. Their number one priority is to deliver the technology the consumer wants.

It's nice to be informed of the delay - some online retailers will not notify you of any delay until you phone them up and enquire why the shipment is still pending.
Deal Addict
Dec 13, 2002
2917 posts
532 upvotes
Hey what people in this world need to be reminded of sometimes is:
P-A-T-I-E-N-C-E.

We seem to be "now now now". Sure "now" is good, but when it can't happen, and it's not a Life-or-Death situation, knowing that is is being worked on and it will be taken care is what is important.

Personally, any time I'm getting an awesome deal, I don't mind being patient.
"Trade off" is an entry in the dictionary, after all.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)