Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Best Buy

Pebble Smartwatch $129

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 24th, 2014 11:14 am
Tags:
Deal Addict
Mar 7, 2011
3744 posts
1986 upvotes
Vancouver

[Best Buy] Pebble Smartwatch $129

Warm deal, for those who want it asap. http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/peb ... 75215.aspx
Same price as massdrop when you add shipping https://www.massdrop.com/buy/pebble-smartwatch
Massdrop deal expires in 17 hours, BB expires tomorrow April 24
Looks like Pebble is the leader among smartwatches right now http://www.forbes.com/sites/anthonykosn ... he-iwatch/
25 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 25, 2005
1763 posts
73 upvotes
Bought this with Viva 15$ off code and it only charged me GST; $129 all-in
May 25, 2009
395 posts
99 upvotes
Ok deal, but with the LG G Watch rumored to drop around Google IO for ~$220, I think it is worth waiting to compare them if you don't really want a smartwatch right now.

The battery life, always on screen, and visibility in direct sun light are definite plusses for the Pebble though.
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
21330 posts
10938 upvotes
Oakville
I've got a Pebble, it's a fun little toy. Nice to not have to pull out my phone when a message comes in, and it works as a pretty decent run timer/trainer. But it *is* pretty basic.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 21, 2003
7408 posts
1557 upvotes
Edmonton
Is it only actual text messages that can be received? (Wondering about whatsapp notifications, or imessage from an ipod,etc.) Could a person set up both an iphone and an android on it? Or is it only one, or the other? I am constantly 'freaking out' searching for my phone, but I think this would let me know my phone was close by, too?
Deal Addict
Jul 31, 2004
3129 posts
1289 upvotes
jory29 wrote: Is it only actual text messages that can be received? (Wondering about whatsapp notifications, or imessage from an ipod,etc.) Could a person set up both an iphone and an android on it? Or is it only one, or the other? I am constantly 'freaking out' searching for my phone, but I think this would let me know my phone was close by, too?
It will send any apps you have notifications for...IE, I get messages for Simpsons Tapped Out, The Score, etc...
I have had mine for a month now...the funtionality is good...I just wish it looked nicer. I miss having a nice Chronograph Face...it's very plastic looking...like some cheap Timex. I put a metal Swatch band on mine...looks a bit nicer. I'm waiting for iWatch, so not willing to shell out for the Metal Pebble at this point.
LEGO BUY SELL TRADE HERE

HOCKEY IS one of Canada's National Sports, Since 1994!!!! MORE INFO IN THIS THREAD

SARCASM - Because arguing with stupid people isn't nearly as much fun!!!
Deal Fanatic
Jul 21, 2003
7408 posts
1557 upvotes
Edmonton
robskot wrote: It will send any apps you have notifications for...IE, I get messages for Simpsons Tapped Out, The Score, etc...
I have had mine for a month now...the funtionality is good...I just wish it looked nicer. I miss having a nice Chronograph Face...it's very plastic looking...like some cheap Timex. I put a metal Swatch band on mine...looks a bit nicer. I'm waiting for iWatch, so not willing to shell out for the Metal Pebble at this point.
Thanks, that's great information you replied with. Does anyone know if there is a button you can press on your watch, and make the phone sound an alarm, etc., so you know it is say, 'in your purse' because you can hear it, but you don't have to root around in it? I think I would wear this device anywhere, including around my neck, if I could press something on it to let me know where my phone is without frantically searching for it.
Deal Expert
Jun 12, 2003
15213 posts
1671 upvotes
Markham
There are apps you can install for that feature

Something along the lines of "find my phone"
ShadowVlican
Deal Fanatic
Jul 21, 2003
7408 posts
1557 upvotes
Edmonton
ShadowVlican wrote: There are apps you can install for that feature

Wow, that sounds great!! Thanks! :)
Deal Addict
Jul 31, 2003
1476 posts
336 upvotes
BC
ShadowVlican wrote: There are apps you can install for that feature

Or just click 'play' to make the music start :)
CHIA
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
21330 posts
10938 upvotes
Oakville
I set mine up with Glance and Tasker, and I press a button when I'm leaving work and it sends my wife a text saying I'm leaving, and asking if she wants me to pick anything up (since I send the same message to her every day when I'm leaving work). I also have it set up so a button press will turn on the flashlight. Haven't come up for a task for the third button yet. :)
Aug 12, 2010
882 posts
533 upvotes
I have the Gear which is ok. I do like the phone aspect and camera which is handy. I don't like the battery life though. the speakerphone works surprisingly well. does the pebble make calls or have a camera also?
Aug 23, 2009
379 posts
88 upvotes
if i PM this at FS, how much more do i save?? thanks!
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
21330 posts
10938 upvotes
Oakville
walleye187 wrote: if i PM this at FS, how much more do i save?? thanks!
10% of the difference... So you'll save another $2.
Jul 3, 2011
145 posts
18 upvotes
Medicine Hat
ManCaveGamer wrote: the Galaxy Gear is more capable after you root it.
galaxy gear is a piece of crap, pebble doesn't have to be messed with and has tons of development for it.
Jul 3, 2011
145 posts
18 upvotes
Medicine Hat
jory29 wrote: Is it only actual text messages that can be received? (Wondering about whatsapp notifications, or imessage from an ipod,etc.) Could a person set up both an iphone and an android on it? Or is it only one, or the other? I am constantly 'freaking out' searching for my phone, but I think this would let me know my phone was close by, too?
not sure about setting up with both phones at same time but you can have notifications for pretty much anything. As far s losing phone, this did help me once as i realized i didnt have my phone and panicked...then noticed my pebble was still connected so i knew it was close.
Aug 23, 2009
379 posts
88 upvotes
wearysky wrote: 10% of the difference... So you'll save another $2.
thanks! i recently bought this so i am gonna return it and get a price adjustment. I've been using it for a week with an iphone and overall its very useful but i find that there are way more things/apps u can use for android... IOS apps are very generic. And i dunno if its a defect with my watch but i am not getting the 5-7 day charge as the box describes. At best i get about 1.5 days out of one charge.
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2008
1154 posts
378 upvotes
Toronto
walleye187 wrote: thanks! i recently bought this so i am gonna return it and get a price adjustment. I've been using it for a week with an iphone and overall its very useful but i find that there are way more things/apps u can use for android... IOS apps are very generic. And i dunno if its a defect with my watch but i am not getting the 5-7 day charge as the box describes. At best i get about 1.5 days out of one charge.
Could be the watchapps you have on your pebble, mine lasts at least 3-4 days with moderate usage and notification apps paired with an Android phone.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)