[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2007
4113 posts
299 upvotes
New Westminster

BB Q5 problem -could use some help

hi,
I use a BB Q5 and like the phone because of the keyboard and so do not really want to replace til i can afford a iPhone SE. Problem i am having is when i make a call and put the phone to my ear the screen goes black which is OK but i also lose the call which really sucks. when i first got the phone i remember checking a box that makes the phone go black when making a call but now since many updates to the BB i can no longer find that box to uncheck to see if that is the problem.

Anyone know where that box is now? anyone know of a fix to my issue?

thanks for any help : )
Poor Grammar and being long winded don't fit well together, Oh well.
3 replies
Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
21765 posts
3029 upvotes
Toronto
You have a case on the Q5? If so, could this be causing a problem?

Another thing, could your face be touching the screen during the call? This was happening with my wife and her Iphone 6S - she ended up having to not squash her cheek against the phone during calls.

I think the setting is under Settings -> Advanced Interactions -> Hold to Wake (I think!)

FS: Nothing at the moment
Heatware: 63-0-0
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2007
4113 posts
299 upvotes
New Westminster
ji2o0k wrote: You have a case on the Q5? If so, could this be causing a problem?

Another thing, could your face be touching the screen during the call? This was happening with my wife and her Iphone 6S - she ended up having to not squash her cheek against the phone during calls.

I think the setting is under Settings -> Advanced Interactions -> Hold to Wake (I think!)
i have a case that has a cover on it that i pull to the back of the bb when i make calls - wasn't an issue for a long time so don't know why it would change now if it was the case.
I also have been very careful of not hitting my face on the screen and holding the phone about 5 inches away i see it go black as i tilt the phone slightly.

Like i said i wish i could find that setting that i used turning the screen black,dark or off when making calls so i could rule that out.
Poor Grammar and being long winded don't fit well together, Oh well.
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
33717 posts
7357 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
The BlackBerry has a magnet on the back for the sleep/ wake function

If you have a magnet hit it, it will disconnect your call