Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Best Buy

Sennheiser PMX685i 50% off - 49.99 (PM at FS for 44.99)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 25th, 2014 7:26 pm
[OP]
Dec 20, 2012
553 posts
493 upvotes
Barrie

[Best Buy] Sennheiser PMX685i 50% off - 49.99 (PM at FS for 44.99)

[IMG]http://www.bestbuy.ca/multimedia/Produc ... 244519.jpg[/IMG]

$49.99 at Best Buy (50% off)

I have the previous iteration, the PMX680s (will be picking these up to replace), and these are the best headphones that I have ever used for running/gym.

Price match at Future Shop to save 10% of the difference. Future Shop has these on for $99.99.
11 replies
Jan 27, 2011
604 posts
441 upvotes
I own these and they are great for the gym and playing sports. The only real downside is the build quality; these are incredibly flimsy. My headphones completely snapped near the earpiece, and are now being held by super glue and tape. Unfortunately, the Sennheiser warranty doesn't cover such damages. They still sound great though. Fyi, they broke after my second time using them. How'd this happen? By tossing my gym bag in the trunk of my car...So be careful with them..
Deal Addict
Feb 11, 2005
4198 posts
421 upvotes
paubryboyle wrote: I own these and they are great for the gym and playing sports. The only real downside is the build quality; these are incredibly flimsy. My headphones completely snapped near the earpiece, and are now being held by super glue and tape. Unfortunately, the Sennheiser warranty doesn't cover such damages. They still sound great though. Fyi, they broke after my second time using them. How'd this happen? By tossing my gym bag in the trunk of my car...So be careful with them..
If they break that easily, then I wouldn't say they're good for the gym or playing sports.
Jan 27, 2011
604 posts
441 upvotes
RastaManMax wrote: If they break that easily, then I wouldn't say they're good for the gym or playing sports.
lol. Well I have been using them for a solid 3 months now, and, other than the trunk incident, they have been holding up quite well playing basketball solo, and working out. I had the previous version of these headphones, and was lucky enough to get a brand-new pair of PMX685i (current version) after sending them in for repairs (sound was only coming out of one earpiece).

That's just my experience though. I've been pretty unlucky with the 4 Sennheiser headphones I have owned. They all had sound coming out of one earpiece only, which I think was caused by damaged wires...and only one of the pairs had a replaceable cord. I am officially done with Sennheiser. Even though they sound great, most of their products are super flimsy. The company really needs to take care of this issue. I have switched over to V-moda headphones, which are way more durable, and still sound great.
[OP]
Dec 20, 2012
553 posts
493 upvotes
Barrie
Like paubryboyle, I have the previous versions and they've basically been abused and held up for 2ish years. Can't speak to the quality of the new ones, though. They've made the band lighter, so perhaps they've lost some strength along with that...
Deal Fanatic
Mar 10, 2003
5941 posts
2423 upvotes
Toronto
These headphones are great, and have been The Wirecutter's recommended sports headphones. But there's some bad news: I have to have two pairs, the second for use while I'm sending the first in for warranty. For me, there is one major problem. If you run in these, especially on the treadmill, and sweat, the buttons for iOS will eventually start to fail. They don't stop working - that would be fine - and in fact, start to activate things (volume, skip, Siri) for no reason. When I've ruined a pair of headphones (4 months of 5 times a week 8-10kms), I can tell how long they'll last: usually, at the 6km (25 minutes or so) mark now, it starts. The good thing? Sennheiser's warranty: send it in, and they'll send you a replacement back within a week. Not a very strong endorsement, I know, but I have spent a lot of time looking for good sports headphones, and they all fail. These sound good, and fit better.
Jun 7, 2009
185 posts
52 upvotes
paubryboyle wrote: I own these and they are great for the gym and playing sports. The only real downside is the build quality; these are incredibly flimsy. My headphones completely snapped near the earpiece, and are now being held by super glue and tape. Unfortunately, the Sennheiser warranty doesn't cover such damages. They still sound great though. Fyi, they broke after my second time using them. How'd this happen? By tossing my gym bag in the trunk of my car...So be careful with them..
What kind of sports are you playing where you would wear headphones?
Apr 6, 2013
136 posts
81 upvotes
Surrey
These ones are great too. On sale for 39.99 Pricematch at futureshop for more savings (69.99).

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/sen ... e4d49een02

I've been using them religiously at the gym for the past year and still works perfectly! They stay in your ear pretty tightly. They've even been ripped out of my ear a couple times and it's still working perfectly.
Jan 27, 2011
604 posts
441 upvotes
robot123 wrote: What kind of sports are you playing where you would wear headphones?
I wear them whenever I'm doing basketball drills (shooting, dribbling, layups) by myself.
May 29, 2012
41 posts
45 upvotes
These were suppose to be on sale until January 30th. I guess bestbuy ended this sale early :( .

I am only choked because I would have bought this pair on sale had I not bought a fake pair of bose sie2i from shop.ca. I got the bose sie2i yesterday and noticed almost instantly they were fake and went on the best buy to get this item and noticed they weren't on sale anymore.
[OP]
Dec 20, 2012
553 posts
493 upvotes
Barrie
JSin05 wrote: These were suppose to be on sale until January 30th. I guess bestbuy ended this sale early :( .

I am only choked because I would have bought this pair on sale had I not bought a fake pair of bose sie2i from shop.ca. I got the bose sie2i yesterday and noticed almost instantly they were fake and went on the best buy to get this item and noticed they weren't on sale anymore.
I was able to get them yesterday. Lucky I got around to doing it, I guess. When I posted, their site definitely said until Jan 30 (which makes sense with their flyer cycle). Reported as expired.
Aug 30, 2012
996 posts
572 upvotes
Toronto
Had the 680 model, and they were great, used them for lifting, cycling, running, and they blocked out just the right amount of ambient noise for the most part. They stay on your head and you can't even feel they are there. Excellent 2 year warranty as well, after 1.5 years the sound would cut in and out. Sent them to Sennheisers facility in Quebec for under $10 with Canada post, and received the new 685i model.

I sold the 685i model however, as these headphones are not too great if you want to completely block out ambient noise which I wanted as a gym environment can be noisy. I got the monster livestrong ones now, and they are not as comfortable is the 680s but better for blocking ambient noise.