Expired Hot Deals

Best Buy

Skylander Trap Team Starter Pack - $34.99 ($24.99 with McD's coupon)

  • Last Updated:
  • Jul 21st, 2015 3:07 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jun 13, 2010
5018 posts
5816 upvotes
GTA

[Best Buy] Skylander Trap Team Starter Pack - $34.99 ($24.99 with McD's coupon)

Bestbuy has the Skylander Trap Team Starter Pack for $34.99. http://www.bestbuy.ca/Search/SearchResu ... mes&page=1 If you still have the $10 off coupon from the June Happymeal Skylander toy from Macdonalds the price would be $24.99. Coupon has no online code must be used instore.
14 replies
Banned
Dec 17, 2012
2084 posts
276 upvotes
TORONTO
I took the bait and bought Disney Infinity when it was on sale for $30, and I really enjoy it, perhaps this is just as fun...
Deal Addict
User avatar
Dec 13, 2006
1806 posts
253 upvotes
Grimsby, ON
Hiitsdj wrote: I took the bait and bought Disney Infinity when it was on sale for $30, and I really enjoy it, perhaps this is just as fun...
I was really hyped to play Disney Infinity (and yes, I'm a 35 year old dude) but it didn't do it for me.

It felt very kid oriented, and I know it IS geared towards kids... but I had a lot more fun playing Skylanders. Maybe because I loved Spyro so much. But Skylanders seemed to be more structured, and I had zero interest in the building aspect of D.I.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Apr 23, 2005
1742 posts
1082 upvotes
I know nothing about Skylanders, but my 6-year-old got this on the weekend and he's been glued to it since. Only downside I can see is he's already asking for other pieces that go with it. Kinda like real-life DLC.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Feb 1, 2008
4452 posts
1240 upvotes
Niagara Falls, ON
Hiitsdj wrote: I took the bait and bought Disney Infinity when it was on sale for $30, and I really enjoy it, perhaps this is just as fun...
I felt like I was cheated even at this price. Skylander ftw!
Deal Guru
Jul 19, 2012
14714 posts
4834 upvotes
Montreal
I think we went through this last time, and best buy was refusing the mickey d's coupons.
My last and final digital game I purchased at PSN from those Sony Devils was on November 22, 2020 - Ban that Sorny!
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jun 13, 2010
5018 posts
5816 upvotes
GTA
JackWhyte wrote: I think we went through this last time, and best buy was refusing the mickey d's coupons.
My brother used one in June at BB no problem. Even EBgames took the $1 off a character coupon last week. They are manufacturers coupons, they just came from McD's. If your local BB won't take them PM at TRU or Walmart that will.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jun 13, 2010
5018 posts
5816 upvotes
GTA
zero64 wrote: I know nothing about Skylanders, but my 6-year-old got this on the weekend and he's been glued to it since. Only downside I can see is he's already asking for other pieces that go with it. Kinda like real-life DLC.
All previous characters from the other games will work with Trap Team. However you need the Trap Masters to open the elemental gates and traps for the villians. You can get used figures on Kijiji cheap for the previous games. My guess is there will be Trap Team figures on Kijiji for a good price after the next game comes out in September.
Deal Guru
Jul 19, 2012
14714 posts
4834 upvotes
Montreal
tew wrote: My brother used one in June at BB no problem.
I'm just saying that the last time this came up, when trap team was on sale for $39.99, the thread was full of people getting their coupon shot down at bb.
My last and final digital game I purchased at PSN from those Sony Devils was on November 22, 2020 - Ban that Sorny!
Deal Guru
Jul 19, 2012
14714 posts
4834 upvotes
Montreal
tew wrote: You can get used figures on Kijiji cheap for the previous games. My guess is there will be Trap Team figures on Kijiji for a good price after the next game comes out in September.
yep, the point where used figures get cheap ($5 for large guys, $2-$3 for small, less in big lots) is when the game is no longer the newest. it happened with swap force when tt came out.

the problem with kijiji is wading through the usual "23 skylanders figures, paid $$270, selling for $225" posts. :facepalm:
My last and final digital game I purchased at PSN from those Sony Devils was on November 22, 2020 - Ban that Sorny!
Deal Addict
User avatar
Oct 19, 2009
1369 posts
378 upvotes
Toronto
Read the title as Trap Queen lol. Too much Fetty Wap. Always thought these were for kids. Interesting to see adults playing and having fun with the skylanders series.
Deal Guru
Jul 19, 2012
14714 posts
4834 upvotes
Montreal
buu.ho wrote: Interesting to see adults playing and having fun with the skylanders series.
I only buy the figures for relatives, but I do play a bit when they're down here.

too expensive for me personally, not to mention they take up a ton of room. some of my younger cousins have boxes and shelves full of them.
My last and final digital game I purchased at PSN from those Sony Devils was on November 22, 2020 - Ban that Sorny!
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jun 13, 2010
5018 posts
5816 upvotes
GTA
JackWhyte wrote: yep, the point where used figures get cheap ($5 for large guys, $2-$3 for small, less in big lots) is when the game is no longer the newest. it happened with swap force when tt came out.

the problem with kijiji is wading through the usual "23 skylanders figures, paid $$270, selling for $225" posts. :facepalm:
Yeah, too many people want close to what they paid new (not just for skylanders). 50% - 70% off is reasonable for used skylanders.

Top