Home & Garden

BBQ Burner Box/Grease Tray Replacement?

  • Last Updated:
  • May 21st, 2021 7:38 am
Deal Addict
User avatar
Nov 23, 2010
1377 posts

BBQ Burner Box/Grease Tray Replacement?

When I first got my place, I had a hand me down BBQ given to me.

I was able to keep it running pretty good, and it still cooks just fine. But my issue is that the bbq burner box/grease tray has developed a "hole"

Its a Black and Decker BBQ, and believe it or not the base tray is NOT metal, and some other cardboardy feeling material? I dont even know what its made of, but basically its not metal like shown below
Image 1.jpg
The entire bbq works just fine, but its just this bottom part seems to now have a hole. So far I been using aluminum foil to just sort of cover the hole for the season, then when winter hits I just clean it all out.

Does anyone know what this base tray or whatever is called? And can it even be replaced?

Since it works just fine, I feel bad just throwing it out and having it end up in a land fill.

If it cant be replaced, I may just have to chuck it to the curb.
6 replies
Deal Guru
User avatar
Mar 10, 2005
11178 posts
^ how did you manage to get a hole in that?

In Webers that tray slides out - have you tried that?
"If you want to improve, be content to be thought foolish and stupid." - Epictetus
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2011
1396 posts
I have purchases replacement parts from grillspot.ca for my 18 yr old Weber.

Not sure if they have any replacement parts for your black and decker.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 24, 2015
7549 posts
a lot of BBQ parts are interchangable, or a similar one but slightly different one from another brand may very well fit. you should take it out, and clean off the grease, then bring it into a BBQ shop and find a compariable one, make sure the hole in the bottom is as close to your old hole as close as possible. the new ones now are a thin metal or alloy type of material but def not carboard
Say NO to the WAR!
PEACE is the answer!
Deal Expert
User avatar
Sep 1, 2005
18594 posts
If you want to do it cheap..suggest instead of the regular household aluminum foil, get yourself a foil oven liner or even big foil sheet pan of some sort. Oven liner or sheet pans are thick aluminum and should last a lot longer than the stuff coming off a roll. Cover almost the entire grease tray with it and cut the hole.

https://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/hand ... 0622p.html

You don't have a pic of the actual thing you want replaced? What are the dimensions of the part - even though it's a Black and Decker, it can have different names. That pic looks similar to my Vermont Castings drip tray.

Eg. maybe this $30 for a Cuisinart grease tray fits the bill [11 1/2" x 17"]

https://www.grillspot.ca/cuiainart-oem- ... 8NEALw_wcB

$30 Coleman grease tray
https://www.grillspot.ca/coleman-oem-qu ... UDEALw_wcB
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2011
1199 posts
Might be better to put up an actual picture of the drip pan from top and bottom to give a better idea of how tray fits.
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2006
2786 posts
gr8dlr wrote: You don't have a pic of the actual thing you want replaced?
lamin wrote: Might be better to put up an actual picture of the drip pan from top and bottom to give a better idea of how tray fits.
Yes, provide a photo of the actual tray.

I can imagine something I've seen in other applications which is a "cardboardy feeling material".
It is heat resistant, smooth, and resembles a resin impregnated paper.
It may be a phenolic.
I believe I've seen it in toasters, for example.

I'd look at something like a piece of aluminum flashing (from Home Depot, etc.)
I'd pop rivet (or machine screw) it to the tray as a patch.

Without actual photos, I'm just speculating it would work in your situation.


Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)