Apr 20, 2020
42 posts
22 upvotes
I did step up and bought a Weber this year.
Found this youtube channel helpful, more so than most of the store's youtube channels

Mar 7, 2002
972 posts
153 upvotes
Just bought this Weber Spirit E-330 at Costco Richmond Hill for $700 (plus tax).
Images
  • 9C31AA23-A527-4ED9-9FAB-815EDFD3B452.jpeg
Apr 20, 2020
42 posts
22 upvotes
Bincent wrote: Just bought this Weber Spirit E-330 at Costco Richmond Hill for $700 (plus tax).
They had these in Calgary too. I would have bought this but wanted NG vs LP.
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
19674 posts
12771 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
Bincent wrote: Just bought this Weber Spirit E-330 at Costco Richmond Hill for $700 (plus tax).
Same price at Superstore: WEBER SP E-310 GAS GRILL [propane only]

According to Weber's site $700 is the regular price in Canada. The NG version is $750.

What's the advantage of this model vs. the Spirit II E-310 at $50 less for propane and $100 less for NG?
veni, vidi, Visa
Apr 20, 2020
42 posts
22 upvotes
bylo wrote: Same price at Superstore: WEBER SP E-310 GAS GRILL [propane only]

According to Weber's site $700 is the regular price in Canada. The NG version is $750.

What's the advantage of this model vs. the Spirit II E-310 at $50 less for propane and $100 less for NG?
That is the Spirit E 310 at superstore which can be had for $649 at home depot or Lowes (lowes has free delivery). If you want the E310, DO NOT buy at Superstore.

The one at Costco is the spirit E330, which has a sear station (great for steaks) and a side burner. The E330 at regular stores sells for$799. But if you are going to spend that you are entering Genesis territory and need to debate if you want to go a bit higher end. The build quality of the Spirit E310 & E330 are the same, just have to decide if the extra bells and whistles are worth it to you.

https://www.homedepot.ca/product/weber- ... 1000855313
Mar 10, 2012
34 posts
19 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Just sold my 2 year old Weber Spirit E-310 (propane) to prepare for my move to a place with a NG hook up in the next couple weeks.
As I want to have a BBQ more or less when I arrive at the new place, I don't have the luxury of waiting that long for a deal.

I want to stick with Weber, and am just wondering if anyone has any suggestions. Can anyone comment on whether or not the $300 price difference between the Spirit II E-310 and Genesis II E-310 is worth it ($649 vs $949)?
Apr 20, 2020
42 posts
22 upvotes
Vancouverite604 wrote: Just sold my 2 year old Weber Spirit E-310 (propane) to prepare for my move to a place with a NG hook up in the next couple weeks.
As I want to have a BBQ more or less when I arrive at the new place, I don't have the luxury of waiting that long for a deal.

I want to stick with Weber, and am just wondering if anyone has any suggestions. Can anyone comment on whether or not the $300 price difference between the Spirit II E-310 and Genesis II E-310 is worth it ($649 vs $949)?
It depends on your needs. I'll tell you what I did - Bought the Weber Spirit II E-310 NG from lowes. I also have a cheaper charcoal BBQ I use maybe 5x a year. This is a good set up and use the regular grill day to day and the charcoal for get-togethers. The Genesis is a better-built BBQ, but for day to day needs I didn't have a need to go there. I do a lot of steaks, and meats and have no issues so far.
I think if you do go to the Genisis having stainless grates is a big factor, but that is only available on on tier up Genesis than you are looking at.
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
19674 posts
12771 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
ORKYYC wrote: That is the Spirit E 310 at superstore which can be had for $649 at home depot or Lowes (lowes has free delivery). If you want the E310, DO NOT buy at Superstore.
The price on the Spirit II E-310 is $650 everywhere so the "best" store depends on bonuses. Yes the big box hardware stores may offer free delivery, but buying at RCSS gets you PCO points. Paying with a PCF MC WE and a few other premium cards gets you 3% or equivalent in the "grocery" category.
The one at Costco is the spirit E330, which has a sear station (great for steaks) and a side burner.
Thanks for the clarification. I missed the 330. Agreed, that makes Costco's price better for that variant.
The build quality of the Spirit E310 & E330 are the same
Let me rephrase my question. Most stores are selling the Spirit II E-310. The Spirit E-310 [no "II"] appears to be last year's model. So my question is what's the difference in features, quality, warranty, etc. One obvious difference is that the "II" lacks the "front door" on its stand. That's not particularly important to me since I'll have a cover on the unit when it's not being used.

Anything else that might make someone prefer the "I" to the "II"?
veni, vidi, Visa
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
19674 posts
12771 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
Vancouverite604 wrote: Can anyone comment on whether or not the $300 price difference between the Spirit II E-310 and Genesis II E-310 is worth it ($649 vs $949)?
I reached the same conclusion as @ORKYYC . The Genesis is 50% more expensive than the Spirit. I don't see anywhere near a 50% improvement in features for our needs. Then again I also don't see 50% more car in an Acura compared to a Honda. I'm looking for the sweet spot in value rather than the ultimate at any price.

Our current grill with one broken burner can limp along until a deal on the Spirit II E-310 comes up, hopefully soon.
veni, vidi, Visa
Jul 25, 2019
251 posts
77 upvotes
Have you gone into a store and seen the models / touched them / felt them? I took a look.. the Genesis feels a lot more solid; the Spirit is more akin to a tin can. Not that there is anything wrong with it... it is supposed to be a very good BBQ. My 2 cents anyways.
Jul 25, 2019
251 posts
77 upvotes
bylo wrote: I reached the same conclusion as @ORKYYC . The Genesis is 50% more expensive than the Spirit. I don't see anywhere near a 50% improvement in features for our needs. Then again I also don't see 50% more car in an Acura compared to a Honda. I'm looking for the sweet spot in value rather than the ultimate at any price.

Our current grill with one broken burner can limp along until a deal on the Spirit II E-310 comes up, hopefully soon.
Have you considered the Rogue 425? Might be able to pick one of these up at Lowes if they have another 20-25% off sale (not sure how often these occur, last one was for Victoria Day).... although they did go ahead and cancel everyones' orders after...
Apr 20, 2020
42 posts
22 upvotes
bylo wrote: The price on the Spirit II E-310 is $650 everywhere so the "best" store depends on bonuses. Yes the big box hardware stores may offer free delivery, but buying at RCSS gets you PCO points. Paying with a PCF MC WE and a few other premium cards gets you 3% or equivalent in the "grocery" category.

Thanks for the clarification. I missed the 330. Agreed, that makes Costco's price better for that variant.

Let me rephrase my question. Most stores are selling the Spirit II E-310. The Spirit E-310 [no "II"] appears to be last year's model. So my question is what's the difference in features, quality, warranty, etc. One obvious difference is that the "II" lacks the "front door" on its stand. That's not particularly important to me since I'll have a cover on the unit when it's not being used.

Anything else that might make someone prefer the "I" to the "II"?
Start reading...

To me, the differences are not overly major.

https://kitchennin.com/weber-spirit-vs-spirit-ii/
Jul 20, 2007
150 posts
33 upvotes
I believe the spirit I series doesn’t have a 10 yr warranty across all parts like series II.

Warranty is also subjective at this point. I asked a few bbq stores and most said the Weber grills and flavour bars generally last about 5 years They were curious as well to see what Weber does when that times comes.
Apr 20, 2020
42 posts
22 upvotes
beancounter6 wrote: Have you gone into a store and seen the models / touched them / felt them? I took a look.. the Genesis feels a lot more solid; the Spirit is more akin to a tin can. Not that there is anything wrong with it... it is supposed to be a very good BBQ. My 2 cents anyways.
When I was doing my research in terms of feel/material, the lids on the genesis were made from the thicker enabled lid. The cook box, was the same aluminum thickness. There is also more stainless steel on the exterior of the Genesis (handles, part of the lid etc).
Dec 20, 2017
16 posts
3 upvotes
Abbotsford
Hey everyone. Looking to buy my first BBQ. Preferably natural gas. Looking to spend up to $500. Any recommendations or sales? Looking to buy soon.

Thank you in advance!

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (1 member and 1 guest)

HfxSteve