Tags:
None
[OP]
Dec 28, 2011
338 posts
114 upvotes
TORONTO

BBQ Natural gas quick connect is too tough

I had a quick connect fitting installed on the NG line to my weber BBQ 2 years ago. No issues until I released the quick connect adapter to move my BBQ so I could stain my deck last weekend. I've tried for 30 minutes but cannot for the life of me get the damn quick connect fitting to reconnect! Yes, I'm pulling back the outer sheathing and I see the ball bearings moving nicely, but no matter what I try I cannot get the thing to click shut. I push male end in as far as it will go, but it doesn't seem far enough because the outer sheathing on the female connector (gas line) will not pull up to close. Both sides are 100 percent clear of any debris.

I've tried a lot of force down on the male end and a lot of force up on the female outer sheathing with no luck.

Am I missing something simple? I swore I've used quick connect fittings before and never had this problem.
2 replies
Mar 7, 2011
627 posts
1110 upvotes
Ontario
I've had problems in cold weather that a little WD-40 helped.
[OP]
Dec 28, 2011
338 posts
114 upvotes
TORONTO
Millidog wrote: I've had problems in cold weather that a little WD-40 helped.
Thank you! This worked very well and I was able to enjoy ribs last night with the Blue Jays Game. Seems like the very bottom of the interior of the female connector drops now when I push in the male end. Nice and clean connection like before. WD40 is magic.