• Mar 18th, 2018 7:51 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2002
1890 posts
349 upvotes
Kitchener

BBQ Recommendations under $700

Broil King, Weber, Char Broil, Napoleon.

For the price point I'm looking at, do any of these brands stand above the rest? I'd be interested in a 3 or 4 burner propane BBQ, with a side burner.

At Lowes they currently have the no tax sale and I saw these brands:

Char Broil Infrared $699 -

Broil King Baron 440 $699 -

Dyna-Glo DGA480 $676 -

Napoleon T410SB Triumph $699 -

Or are there any better bang for the buck alternatives out there?
Last edited by Mars2012 on Mar 18th, 2018 10:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: shortened links removed
6 replies
Deal Fanatic
Nov 22, 2015
6380 posts
6219 upvotes
X-Nemesis wrote: Broil King, Weber, Char Broil, Napoleon.

For the price point I'm looking at, do any of these brands stand above the rest? I'd be interested in a 3 or 4 burner propane BBQ, with a side burner.
No side burner but we picked up a Sterling when it dropped to $150 a few years back.

Some of the plastic bits feel cheap, but the BBQ itself is built like a tank and Made in Canada (at the same factory as Char Broil, Broil King etc).

https://www.rona.ca/en/30-000-btu-propa ... e-89025002

My intention was to grab a cheap BBQ and later upgrade to a Weber... I think I'll get at least another 5 years out of the thing tho.
Jan 4, 2017
93 posts
25 upvotes
Westmount, QC
If your choice of propane/gas over charcoal is the ease of startup, you may also want to consider the Weber Performer Charcoal. It has a cool propane assisted starter (basically a torch that starts the pile of charcoal) and gets all the aftermarket options of a Weber egg (there are a lot) and the nice taste of charcoal with minimal extra hassle. And you can always get an adaptor for it to run the bigger 20 lb propane tanks instead of the baby 1 pounders that it is build to use
Jun 3, 2006
161 posts
107 upvotes
hey Op, had the same dilemma as you about 6-7 years back, and wanted the 'premium brands' but settled for a similar deal for a Broil Mate/Broil King model very similar to the model you have here, 4 burner with a side burner (which basically never gets used now)

Been a great bbq, and only had to replace the flavour plates last fall (which can be found easily, without the premium, ummm, premiums :) We wanted to rotisserie option off the bat, which we got a few years later and do use now. Can't comment on the difference between the batch listed, however, can offer the content purchase on the precursor to the Broilking model.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2002
1890 posts
349 upvotes
Kitchener
Thanks for the feedback. I just discovered the big BBQ thread on RFD so I'm gonna move this post there. I'll check out the suggestion's you've all posted.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 13, 2008
5789 posts
2549 upvotes
Durham
X-Nemesis wrote: Broil King, Weber, Char Broil, Napoleon.

At Lowes they currently have the no tax sale and I saw these brands:

Char Broil Infrared $699 -

Broil King Baron 440 $699 -

Dyna-Glo DGA480 $676 -

Napoleon T410SB Triumph $699 -

Or are there any better bang for the buck alternatives out there?
BBQs @ Home Depot
BBQs @ Lowes
BBQs @ Canadian Tire
BBQs @ Rona
BBQs @ Costco
BBQs @ Barbeque World
BBQs @ Walmart

Weber's start from about $650 for a 3 burner.

BBQ Buying Guide

I picked up this one from Lowes last year ... it was on sale for $350 (taxes in) ... Master Forge 6-Burner (60,000 BTU) Liquid Propane Gas Grill with Side Burner and Window ... and it has NOT failed me at all ... entire summer and quite a few sessions in the winter.
16'x11' Living Room 11' Cathedral Ceiling. Hisense 65Q8G. Denon AVR-S740H 7.2 setup. Jamo Classic 10 280W Towers - FR+FL; Polk S35 - Center; Klipsch R51M - RR+RL; Klipsch R14M - Dolby FHR+FHL; Polk HTS10 Subwoofer x2. Unlocked Android Boxes from Taiwan x2
Deal Addict
Feb 25, 2007
2962 posts
700 upvotes
Used to have a cheap CT bbq, then got a broil king and it’s way better, used that for like 12 years and two years ago got myself a Weber genesis and never look back (also got it at Lowe’s no tax event and also like another $50 off) paid $850 after tax but worth it.