Tags:
None
[OP]
May 28, 2012
92 posts
7 upvotes
ETOBICOKE

BBRE title - Bachelor of Business in Real Estate Degree

Has anyone every heard about this degree?
Is it useful is any way?
is it considered as good as other undergrad university degree (B. Comm or B.A or B.B.A) ?

I only have a college diploma through UBC and if I take about 20 more courses (distance education - part time/online), I can get the BBRE....

I'm just thinking if it's worth it at all...

Also does anyone have info on where I can obtain B.B.A or B. Comm Part time/distance education?

thx
4 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2010
1872 posts
459 upvotes
maddydo wrote: Has anyone every heard about this degree?
Is it useful is any way?
is it considered as good as other undergrad university degree (B. Comm or B.A or B.B.A) ?

I only have a college diploma through UBC and if I take about 20 more courses (distance education - part time/online), I can get the BBRE....

Also does anyone have info on where I can obtain B.B.A or B. Comm Part time/distance education?

thx
Just curious, but has the Urban Land Economics Diploma been useful?
May 25, 2012
24 posts
1 upvote
BARRIE
maddydo wrote: I got it to upgrade my current education and really it's just something extra on my resume.

The courses were very very useful to me for my work.

The only place that has asked for the DULE is BC Assessment....so other than that Im not sure what else you can use this education for.
Maybe a planner? or an entry level analyst? since it has a huge chunk with economics/statistics.
Apply through TRU! You can get a bcomm distance and they give out a ton of PLAR credits dependent on your career experience. Also the degree DOES NOT say open learning on it. Nobody ever has to know you got it online! They are sorta becoming legit now that they have a law school!
Jun 20, 2012
1 posts
ETOBICOKE
maddydo wrote: Has anyone every heard about this degree?
Is it useful is any way?

thx
If you take the BBRE via distance education, you will have to take the business courses through TRU and the real estate courses through UBC. This degree is particularly useful if you do not have an undergrad degree and you are pursuing the AACI designation with the Appraisal Institute of Canada. An undergrad degree is a prerequisite for the AACI designation. If you are working full-time, it will take you many years to complete the 20 courses. If you can do the courses on a full-time basis, that would be ideal. The BBRE is also good for those who want to pursue a business degree on a part-time basis, and you get the added benefit of a real estate education. Be warned, this degree is essentially a double-major. The courses are quite challenging, especially the UBC ones, and there are very few "bird" courses. Let me know if you have more questions; I know everything about the program.
[OP]
May 28, 2012
92 posts
7 upvotes
ETOBICOKE
Yes I was thinking B.Comm with major in finance because investment analysis is a big part in real estate....BUT most of the courses I completed are DULE - assessment so nothing would be useful towards the BComm Finance...

i think my best bet is to complete the BBRE in 5 years or so....online

ah well, it's still considered a university degree which is what i really want :)

and yes BKSBKS, that designation is pretty lucrative compared with the res one so maybe, but then I have to do even more courses...hopefully the same courses can be used towards the BBRE....

Has anyone gotten a degree through TRU-OL ? do they give you credits for work experience?

I have 7 yrs Real Estate Experience, completed 2 years College Certificate (didn't finish and no diploma)....

they want $150 for a program plan but I'd like to have an idea how many credits I already have. They say the DULE is 45 credits, I took some extra courses so maybe 10 credits