Kitchener

BBZ30 $199/tx OR BBQ5 $99/tax FREE SHIP BB Employee Pricing for RFD family

Price:
$212.38
UPDATE - PRICE POINT thanks to christov
blackberry-hot-z30-212-38-all-blackberr ... st22613269

Black Z30 = $199
White Q5 = $99

Hot deal for a Blackberry Z30 through employee program.

Z30 = $180
Shipping = 7.95
HST = 24.43
Total: $212.38

Great price for this phone. Comes factory unlocked.

How to get in on this deal

All, thought I would update the original post so that things are easier if you are looking to get in on the deal.

To acquire this deal, please send a PM to christov. He will in turn offer a unique code so that you can order directly from the Blackberry Shop online.

Below is a quote from christov which I hope people take into consideration and can be viewed HERE

" Hi RFDers, I was able to get another lot of codes. I'll go through and start replying to the backlog of PM's later tonight.
As mentioned earlier, the codes are unique, good for a single use, and only one code can be used per shipping address.
The goal here is to have people use the code to buy the device for their own use. Not to hoard, and try and flip for a profit.

Please, if you are asking for a code, keep this in mind. "

How to install Google Play Services

Below is information taken directly from Davidn on how to install Google Play and a patch for Google Play dependencies..feel free to ask questions

For the new BB10 owners in this thread, welcome! From an app store perspective you have two official options, BlackBerry World and Amazon. I would also recommend installing the Google Play Store on your devices. I installed it on my Z30 and it works great. Very easy process. Instructions can be found here:

http://forums.crackberry.com/android-ap ... ng-985344/

Some apps may need to be patched after installing. Also very easy. This can be done right on the phone:

http://forums.crackberry.com/android-ap ... er-947141/

I also have SNAP installed but it does have some limitations. For instance, if the app needs to DL files after install, SNAP will not accommodate this. Or if the app needs to connect to Google Play for an in app purchase it will also throw an error. Official Play Store is the way to go IMO.
3544 replies
[OP]
Jun 20, 2010
146 posts
160 upvotes
Kitchener
I have a friend who works for Blackberry and he let me know this afternoon about this sale (employee discount). I ended up putting in an order for two phones through him. It's a great deal especially if you have contacts at Blackberry. Only Black ones are currently available.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 4, 2008
6915 posts
7710 upvotes
Richmond Hill
All my blackberry buddies were either booted off the boat, or jumped to another.
When given enough time, all threads on RFD can and will go off on a tangent.
Deal Addict
Jan 15, 2013
1674 posts
1318 upvotes
Ottawa
Fantasy if I can't get one for the price.
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2004
2310 posts
399 upvotes
Got it at this price from Staples PM + coupons a few weeks ago. Loving the phone! iPhone 5s seems so tiny after using it for a week.
Deal Addict
May 4, 2014
4976 posts
6385 upvotes
Toronto, ON
And the point of this post is.........
Nov 6, 2006
694 posts
196 upvotes
lol all my BB employee friends are so hot that they are all FIRED!!
Oct 29, 2013
121 posts
72 upvotes
edmonton
cell567 wrote: Got it at this price from Staples PM + coupons a few weeks ago. Loving the phone! iPhone 5s seems so tiny after using it for a week.
last post about this i saw from staples had the z30 at 300ish. how did you get it at 218? ill buy one at this price. i actually miss my old one. took it rafting one day and it never worked after
Deal Addict
Apr 20, 2012
1755 posts
1064 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
Might have to get my buddy to grab me one for this price.
Banned
Feb 7, 2005
4498 posts
1185 upvotes
Watch Kijiji in Waterloo for new adds for the Z30 .lol
Aug 21, 2012
824 posts
104 upvotes
Its a 2013 phone, is it really a hot deal?
[OP]
Jun 20, 2010
146 posts
160 upvotes
Kitchener
no kiddin...there will be a lot for sure..as mentioned the deal is acquired through employees of Blackberry.
Deal Addict
Apr 20, 2012
1755 posts
1064 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
turnipx wrote: Its a 2013 phone, is it really a hot deal?

You would probably have to pay double for a USED iPhone 5s
Deal Addict
May 4, 2014
4976 posts
6385 upvotes
Toronto, ON
brobinsoncc wrote: You would probably have to pay double for a USED iPhone 5s
It is a 2013 phone, but the processor is actually faster than the Blackberry Classic released a few weeks ago(and also the Blackberry Leap scheduled for release in June).

This is a phone from the future in the world of Blackberry.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 24, 2006
6913 posts
902 upvotes
Toronto
The hardware the phone uses is excellent, not to mention the operating system is extremely efficient, well beyond that of iOS or Android.
I Declare - The official guide to your Customs exemptions and item restrictions when returning to Canada from abroad.
Deal Addict
Nov 30, 2011
2593 posts
1185 upvotes
GTA
I've been using a Z30 since the Black Friday ShopBlackberry sale. Love the phone - love the OS. Battery life is fantastic. The HUB is a great design. Multi-tasks like no other OS.

There are a lot of BlackBerry haters out there. There are also a lot of people who have tried the phone and have been very impressed and at this price (if you can get one) it's a steal!