Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

BBZ30 $199/tx OR BBQ5 $99/tax FREE SHIP BB Employee Pricing for RFD family

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 8th, 2016 5:36 pm
Apr 22, 2015
89 posts
31 upvotes
Stouffville, ON
ji2o0k wrote: Damn, the code for the silver edition Passport is sooo tempting!

But I don't need it...I have a red Passport....arrrggghhhh
Since when does "need" come into the picture? Now you tell me!! ...LOL
Oct 19, 2006
752 posts
207 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks christov for all the codes and efforts. and Kudos for the detective work as well..
Aug 6, 2015
3 posts
1 upvote
Thornhill, ON
I have an opposite story - I do need one - Silver Passport (big screen, good replacement for my old q10, cool color etc etc, ), and I joined it for a code without knowing about recent not-very-good-looking stories about reselling codes.
I'm not on of those guys but, no code for me because of this

many "thanks" to them

--
Aug 6, 2015
3 posts
1 upvote
Thornhill, ON
question for those who recently purchased BB phones - long did it take to get phones delivered after placing orders?
from my 2 previous orders (last fall) - one (Z10) was delivered within 2 days, another one (Z30) took more than a week.

I need "silver" passport by next Friday eod, not sure if BB can do this as it was just released
Sep 5, 2008
772 posts
191 upvotes
Halifax
ji2o0k wrote: Damn, the code for the silver edition Passport is sooo tempting!

But I don't need it...I have a red Passport....arrrggghhhh

Good work by the way christov and others that noticed someone selling codes..

Come on kijiji/fake rfder...why would u sell codes? Loowwwwww
Get the SE Passport. You know you want too! LoL. :D

Now I have the Original black, the Sexy Red, the AT&T and the new SE Passport. It's only money . . . right? LoL
Sep 5, 2008
772 posts
191 upvotes
Halifax
bb10user wrote: I have an opposite story - I do need one - Silver Passport (big screen, good replacement for my old q10, cool color etc etc, ), and I joined it for a code without knowing about recent not-very-good-looking stories about reselling codes.
I'm not on of those guys but, no code for me because of this

many "thanks" to them

--
Two entirely different processes. Z30 = Coupon Code. SE Pqassport = EPP purchase through christov. Ypu pay him up front, he orders and is shipped to you. No Coupon Codes used.

PM christov and see. The worst thing that can happen is he can say no.
Deal Guru
Jun 29, 2004
14353 posts
15717 upvotes
Oil Country
bungaboy wrote: Two entirely different processes. Z30 = Coupon Code. SE Pqassport = EPP purchase through christov. Ypu pay him up front, he orders and is shipped to you. No Coupon Codes used.

PM christov and see. The worst that can happen is he can say is no.
I was tempted to get the SE Passport, but balked at the $499 EPP price. Will wait until it hopefully dips under $400. I also just purchased a Z30 a few weeks back, so I'm happy with it for now.

How are Passport owners liking the keyboard? I noticed it's missing a lot of keys previous versions of Blackberries used to have (i.e. Bold).
Jul 5, 2015
1 posts
SASK
Fellow RFDers who use the Passport... do you do a lot of calling with it? I am interested in the device, but I am on calls quite often and the big size seems like it could be a hindrance after a while.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 31, 2010
7556 posts
6834 upvotes
fudge_u wrote: I was tempted to get the SE Passport, but balked at the $499 EPP price. Will wait until it hopefully dips under $400. I also just purchased a Z30 a few weeks back, so I'm happy with it for now.

How are Passport owners liking the keyboard? I noticed it's missing a lot of keys previous versions of Blackberries used to have (i.e. Bold).
Same, I really want the SE Passport, but not for $500. :(
Sep 5, 2008
772 posts
191 upvotes
Halifax
fudge_u wrote: I was tempted to get the SE Passport, but balked at the $499 EPP price. Will wait until it hopefully dips under $400. I also just purchased a Z30 a few weeks back, so I'm happy with it for now.

This keyboard "feel" is much nicer that the 3 previous Passport models. (I hoarde LoL) Takes a week or so to get used to it. Then you're flying. I also carry the Z30 as it is a very nice vkb touch device.

I understand the camera is from a different manufacturer than prior models as well.
Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
24670 posts
8742 upvotes
Toronto
fudge_u wrote: How are Passport owners liking the keyboard? I noticed it's missing a lot of keys previous versions of Blackberries used to have (i.e. Bold).
The keyboard on the Passport takes some getting used to. I went from a Q10 to Z30 to Passport.

Once I got used to the Passport keyboard, I love it and don't miss the ALT and numbered keys or symbols.

Funny enough, I picked up a great priced Q10 and have been using it as mp3 player and to txt with and find the Q10 keyboard way too small amd squished. Loving the Passport keyboard and spacing way better.
Deal Guru
Jun 29, 2004
14353 posts
15717 upvotes
Oil Country
bungaboy wrote: This keyboard "feel" is much nicer that the 3 previous Passport models. (I hoarde LoL) Takes a week or so to get used to it. Then you're flying. I also carry the Z30 as it is a very nice vkb touch device.

I understand the camera is from a different manufacturer than prior models as well.
ji2o0k wrote: The keyboard on the Passport takes some getting used to. I went from a Q10 to Z30 to Passport.

Once I got used to the Passport keyboard, I love it and don't miss the ALT and numbered keys or symbols.

Funny enough, I picked up a great priced Q10 and have been using it as mp3 player and to txt with and find the Q10 keyboard way too small amd squished. Loving the Passport keyboard and spacing way better.
That's great to hear... thanks for responding. I'm looking forward to upgrading within the next few months.
May 19, 2008
777 posts
365 upvotes
Sorry to hear about this Christov. You are a trooper. Some people would have given up by now. BTW, my dad is finally using the Z30 and loves it. Reception and audio so much better than what he had before.
christov wrote: FYI, due to a recent attempt to 'sell codes', every promo code that has been issued to date has been cancelled.
This was the only way to ensure that this activity was completely shut down.

I have a new set of codes that are available

If you are interested in taking advantage of this offer, please send me a NEW PM and I will get back to you.
Indicate whether you would like a Z30 ($199) or Q5 ($99).

I apologize in advance for those members that need to send new requests for codes.

Thank you everyone for your feedback and suggestions on how to deal with code requests. I'll handle it :)

Now let's put this little incident behind us, and move on to our regularly scheduled deal discussion!
Deal Fanatic
Aug 31, 2010
7556 posts
6834 upvotes
bungaboy wrote: This keyboard "feel" is much nicer that the 3 previous Passport models. (I hoarde LoL) Takes a week or so to get used to it. Then you're flying. I also carry the Z30 as it is a very nice vkb touch device.

You lookin' to get rid of an old passport? :lol:
Deal Addict
May 23, 2008
2591 posts
638 upvotes
Vaughan, Ontario
vt8888 wrote: We should start a BBM for redflagdeals
+1 brilliant idea! Anyone likes to set up the group? Maybe distribute codes through BBM instead? At least we know we are dealing with real people?
Deal Addict
May 23, 2008
2591 posts
638 upvotes
Vaughan, Ontario
ji2o0k wrote: The keyboard on the Passport takes some getting used to. I went from a Q10 to Z30 to Passport.

Isn't typing on Passport similar to that on Z30?
Apr 22, 2015
89 posts
31 upvotes
Stouffville, ON
Definately not. Hard/virtual combo vs virtual. Feel, size and layout also.
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2007
4832 posts
759 upvotes
bb10user wrote: question for those who recently purchased BB phones - long did it take to get phones delivered after placing orders?
from my 2 previous orders (last fall) - one (Z10) was delivered within 2 days, another one (Z30) took more than a week.

I need "silver" passport by next Friday eod, not sure if BB can do this as it was just released
4 "days". Ordered it Thursday, and had it Tuesday evening.
Probably would have been faster too had it not been for the Civic holiday on Monday.