Expired Hot Deals

BBZ30 $199/tx OR BBQ5 $99/tax FREE SHIP BB Employee Pricing for RFD family

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 8th, 2016 5:36 pm
Feb 16, 2004
454 posts
128 upvotes
Vancouver
I've ordered it last Friday, and got a FedEx international priority tracking information that it will be arriving on Tuesday (tomorrow). Sweeeeeeeet! I'm in the Westcoast.

Christov you are da man! Will remember to nominate you for RFD of the year in December. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.
Apr 16, 2010
57 posts
4 upvotes
Markham
Can we charged the z30, using the wireless charging devise.
Deal Addict
Aug 6, 2004
1685 posts
315 upvotes
elam1 wrote: Can we charged the z30, using the wireless charging devise.
Unfortunatly only the Verizon. Model of this phone can charge wirelessly
Nov 29, 2013
78 posts
105 upvotes
Vancouver
For those of you who have received your phone:

Who shipped it? (FedEx, UPS, etc.?)
Where did it come from? (Canada or US?)
Were you charged anything upon delivery? (Brokerage fees, duties, etc.)

Mine is coming from the US by way of FedEx, so I am curious on what I can expect upon delivery...

Thanks!
Deal Fanatic
Nov 18, 2008
8483 posts
2045 upvotes
Mont-Royal
SansPants wrote: For those of you who have received your phone:

Who shipped it? (FedEx, UPS, etc.?)
Where did it come from? (Canada or US?)
Were you charged anything upon delivery? (Brokerage fees, duties, etc.)

Mine is coming from the US by way of FedEx, so I am curious on what I can expect upon delivery...

Thanks!
FedEx International Priority
From Indians of INDIANAPOLIS, IN

1 day to arrive? Shipped 18 and says should arrive today by 5pm, looks like it's still on destination and didn't say it arrived to Canada yet, Fedex must be smoking something.
"Every marathon you run, your heart scars and you will die faster. If you think running a marathon is fitness, then you know NOTHING ABOUT HEALTH & FITNESS."
- Training 101
Deal Addict
Nov 30, 2011
2593 posts
1185 upvotes
GTA
Back in November during the ShopBlackberry Black Friday sale it seemed to take a few days for the phones to ship but once they did they arrived overnight - often before the FedEx shipping notification
Apr 21, 2013
128 posts
24 upvotes
Now I'm intrigued. What do you guys think compared to a Note 3 running stock lollipop for email and surfing. Not really an app guy. Ive havent used a blackberry since i had a Bold 9000.

How are the android apps on a blackberry?

Maybe I should request a code..... Hmmmmm.
Deal Guru
Feb 10, 2007
12522 posts
3748 upvotes
there no comparison when it comes to email on a BB.

browsing is also better on a BB as well.

Pretty sure the codes have run out lol

Jinseng wrote: Now I'm intrigued. What do you guys think compared to a Note 3 running stock lollipop for email and surfing. Not really an app guy. Ive havent used a blackberry since i had a Bold 9000.

How are the android apps on a blackberry?

Maybe I should request a code..... Hmmmmm.
[self promotion rule violation, removed twice already][self promotion rule violation, removed twice already]Trolling or Threadcrapping Trolling - woooooooo 3k on a laptop woooooooo 3k on a laptop woooooooo 3k on a laptop woooooooo 3k on a laptop
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2014
2598 posts
2864 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
Got mine right now from FedEx. I figure many people are getting theirs today, lol and I checked kijiji, as expected... many people selling brand new in box for 250 to 300 dollars. You guys take advantage of peoples good nature to help out, he asked nicely not to just get a z30 and resell it. It hurts the company, how?? Easy, now people see brand new sealed in box Z30 on kijiji for 150 dollars less (not even including the taxes) versus the one on Blackberries own website. So why would people buy from them when they now devalued the phone to 250 dollars brand new unopened unlocked?

Also, it makes people think the phone must be crap, for someone to be selling at quite a loss in brand new sealed box (obviously us RFD people know the discount, but you are hurting outside sales)

Shame on you guys for re-selling.. heck there are a few of you that made posts already yesterday before you even got the phone in hands lol... I sent a few messages to those adverts asking if i can buy yesterday, and they all said they can only meet up tomorrow. lol.. didnt even have the phone in hand before re-selling.

Anyways, I opened mine up, so far its okay, noticed some bad responsiveness with the touch screen though (I have a z10 and that is much better) i might have a defect, or ill try updating as it said there is a software update ready, maybe that will fix it. I would touch a letter on keyboard and it would 50% of the time hit the number on the right of it even when i was carefully touching the correct key.

**** Update, the touch screen is better now after the updates it had to do, all is well.****

Thanks again Christov
Banned
Nov 16, 2012
1837 posts
388 upvotes
EAST YORK
^^ Seems like a complete waste of time and hassle to purchase for $212 and sell for $250. Wow a wopping $38! LOL some people have way to much time on their hands.
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2014
2598 posts
2864 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
theillest wrote: ^^ Seems like a complete waste of time and hassle to purchase for $212 and sell for $250. Wow a wopping $38! LOL some people have way to much time on their hands.
exactly, why bother, such little profit, but such a negative impact.

Actually it was 224 after taxes, at least for me anyways. Lol so they made 26 dollars, hazaaa

Oh and my screen got better after the update
Deal Addict
Jul 24, 2011
1099 posts
236 upvotes
junglemage666 wrote: Got mine right now from FedEx. I figure many people are getting theirs today, lol and I checked kijiji, as expected... many people selling brand new in box for 250 to 300 dollars. You guys take advantage of peoples good nature to help out, he asked nicely not to just get a z30 and resell it. It hurts the company, how?? Easy, now people see brand new sealed in box Z30 on kijiji for 150 dollars less (not even including the taxes) versus the one on Blackberries own website. So why would people buy from them when they now devalued the phone to 250 dollars brand new unopened unlocked?

Also, it makes people think the phone must be crap, for someone to be selling at quite a loss in brand new sealed box (obviously us RFD people know the discount, but you are hurting outside sales)

Shame on you guys for re-selling.. heck there are a few of you that made posts already yesterday before you even got the phone in hands lol... I sent a few messages to those adverts asking if i can buy yesterday, and they all said they can only meet up tomorrow. lol.. didnt even have the phone in hand before re-selling.

Anyways, I opened mine up, so far its okay, noticed some bad responsiveness with the touch screen though (I have a z10 and that is much better) i might have a defect, or ill try updating as it said there is a software update ready, maybe that will fix it. I would touch a letter on keyboard and it would 50% of the time hit the number on the right of it even when i was carefully touching the correct key.
meh, those resellers can only get 1 phone anyways. so they cant really hoard.
May 29, 2012
554 posts
209 upvotes
Southern Ontario
I would love a code for a Z30.
Pm sent to christov

thanks in advance
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2006
1438 posts
1470 upvotes
Kitchener
christov wrote: Going to see if I can get more codes issued at work...
UPDATE

Hi RFDers, I was able to get another lot of codes. I'll go through and start replying to the backlog of PM's later tonight.
As mentioned earlier, the codes are unique, good for a single use, and only one code can be used per shipping address.
The goal here is to have people use the code to buy the device for their own use. Not to hoard, and try and flip for a profit.

Please, if you are asking for a code, keep this in mind.
Jul 28, 2006
298 posts
49 upvotes
Toronto
This is the most positive BlackBerry thread I've followed on RFD, which is amazing to see.
Shout out to everyone who made this possible. In my opinion, people like mayoo, christov, restoreDVD have done a lot to build/restore the BlackBerry reputation.
The products are solid, especially for the price. I've been a long time BlackBerry user but I think most of you trying BB10 for the first time because of this deal will feel the same.

Keep up the great work everyone.
Nov 5, 2012
71 posts
29 upvotes
got my z30 just now from fedex.. super excited.. thanks christov.
Apr 18, 2008
582 posts
1064 upvotes
BC
christov,

I would like to request a code!

I would like to also thank you on behalf of other RFDers for this awesome opportunity!

I hope you pass along a code this way! :D
Deal Fanatic
Jul 26, 2014
5219 posts
1674 upvotes
Toronto
christov wrote: UPDATE

Hi RFDers, I was able to get another lot of codes. I'll go through and start replying to the backlog of PM's later tonight.
As mentioned earlier, the codes are unique, good for a single use, and only one code can be used per shipping address.
The goal here is to have people use the code to buy the device for their own use. Not to hoard, and try and flip for a profit.

Please, if you are asking for a code, keep this in mind.
Good on you once again!

poster of the year is over in may folks.
Apr 14, 2009
287 posts
76 upvotes
Calgary
Z30 is a great phone. But I can't find an OEM back battery cover at a decent price. I have the white model and that's the one downside - the back on the white model is slippery plastic. Want to find a black OEM one.