toronto
Deleted message.
Guess I posted in wrong thread. Either that, or I'm just the lucky one. :razz:
Temp. Banned
Jun 18, 2008
5095 posts
4647 upvotes
Montreal
elam1 wrote: did anyone try to install youtube on the Z30? it asked for google play service, and i tried installed, and i got this message. UNABLE TO INSTALL. Can someone help. I was able to download and install google play on my Z30.
I would install the app 'fast tube' available on BlackBerry world. Much quicker and more customisable than you tube
May 19, 2008
678 posts
265 upvotes
My Z30 lasted two days on a full charge! Never happened before or my S3 mind you I have been painting and not using my phone much but still great battery life!
May 11, 2012
90 posts
28 upvotes
Montreal
If anyone would have the answer, i am still not able to send or receive picture using text message, i keep getting the same error code (general problem) otherwise internet, mails, photos in emails, phone calls.. everything is good except this !!!

Data plan is up and running normal, apn seems normal too..

Called fido, tried a few things with them, still no luck !

I've contacted blackberry support on twitter, but they say that this is a problem that only my service provider can solve..

I'm on the fence of sending it back, i really need this to be functionning for my work

I simply don't understand, everything was working fine with my Z10, i simply swap the sim card from my Z10 to my Z30 and now no luck, did all the updates, reboot a few times..

Please help !!!
Deal Addict
Oct 20, 2005
1145 posts
358 upvotes
Sottozero wrote: If anyone would have the answer, i am still not able to send or receive picture using text message, i keep getting the same error code (general problem) otherwise internet, mails, photos in emails, phone calls.. everything is good except this !!!

I've contacted blackberry support on twitter, but they say that this is a problem that only my service provider can solve..

I'm on the fence of sending it back, i really need this to be functionning for my work

I simply don't understand, everything was working fine with my Z10, i simply swap the sim card from my Z10 to my Z30 and now no luck, did all the updates, reboot a few times..

Please help !!!
Cross check the APN settings between Z10 and Z30. Ensure the Z30 APN settings are exactly like the Z10.
---
Happy Zoomer Wireless User | $40.50 - 6GB LTE Data | Good Deal +$50 Credit
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
34404 posts
7939 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
tropicana wrote: Trying to update my new Q5 to the latest version of 10.3 via blackberry link but I keep getting a software update error: "a fatal error has occurred while updating your device's software."

Any ideas why?
Have you tried updating Over The Air (OTA) using WiFi?
Deal Addict
May 23, 2008
2326 posts
433 upvotes
Vaughan, Ontario
Sottozero wrote: If anyone would have the answer, i am still not able to send or receive picture using text message, i keep getting the same error code (general problem) otherwise internet, mails, photos in emails, phone calls.. everything is good except this !!!

Please help !!!
I had a Z30 on Fido before and didn't get problem with MMS. Maybe something is wrong with your APN setting. Have you asked Fido to refresh your network from their side?
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
34404 posts
7939 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
Gurren wrote: If you guys are looking for official Blackberry cases, Crackberry is currently having a sale on a few cases:

Z30:
Leather Pocket: $19.99 Reg $39.99
http://ca.crackberry.com/blackberry-lea ... A15454.htm

Transform Hard Shell Case: Buy 1 Get 1 Free - $19.99
http://ca.crackberry.com/blackberry-tra ... A15455.htm
If anyone wants to split the cost on either of these cases, let me know. Better yet, if you already purchased and have a spare one for sale, send me a PM
Jun 12, 2015
47 posts
17 upvotes
Calgary, AB
If anyone have a code for the z30 that they dont need anymore i would take it. I need a phone badly. Thanks
May 19, 2008
678 posts
265 upvotes
My dad is eligible for an early upgrade with Wind Mobile and the email says that he could keep the same plan which is the old $40 plan with unlimited US And Canada and 5 gb data and get a Motorola G for free with a new Windtab. Has anyone else been offered this and do you keep your grandfathered plan? The reason I ask is because we bought my dad the Z30 for father's day thinking that there would no longer be a free phone offered now that there are 2 year plans only now instead of 3 years and don't want to lose the grandfathered plan.
Oct 28, 2004
449 posts
168 upvotes
Gee wrote: Have you tried updating Over The Air (OTA) using WiFi?
figured it out...my laptop kept going to sleep which was interrupting the update. thanks for the response!

on another note...is Uber not available on blackberry 10??
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2008
2117 posts
661 upvotes
beezus888 wrote: My dad is eligible for an early upgrade with Wind Mobile and the email says that he could keep the same plan which is the old $40 plan with unlimited US And Canada and 5 gb data and get a Motorola G for free with a new Windtab. Has anyone else been offered this and do you keep your grandfathered plan? The reason I ask is because we bought my dad the Z30 for father's day thinking that there would no longer be a free phone offered now that there are 2 year plans only now instead of 3 years and don't want to lose the grandfathered plan.
If Wind is letting you stay on the grandfathered $40 plan and giving you a new phone for free, there is no reason for you to decline this offer unless you are thinking of leaving Wind in the future in which case you will need to pay the Moto G Wind tab balance in full.
May 19, 2008
678 posts
265 upvotes
I called to make sure and they said they will continue to honour the plan so it seems like a no brainer. I may have a Z30 to sell then in the GTA. My dad has the end of the month to take advantage of the deal.
Deal Fanatic
May 21, 2005
8819 posts
68 upvotes
Montreal/Toronto
Gurren wrote: If you guys are looking for official Blackberry cases, Crackberry is currently having a sale on a few cases:

Q5:
OEM Flip Shell: Buy 1 Get 1 Free - $14.95

http://ca.crackberry.com/blackberry-oem ... htm?d=1633

MYBAT Universal Smartphone Waterproof Case - Free
http://ca.crackberry.com/mybat-universa ... A19011.htm

Z30:
Leather Pocket: $19.99 Reg $39.99
http://ca.crackberry.com/blackberry-lea ... A15454.htm

Transform Hard Shell Case: Buy 1 Get 1 Free - $19.99
http://ca.crackberry.com/blackberry-tra ... A15455.htm

OEM Flip Shell: Buy 1 Get 1 Free (White Only) - $19.99
http://ca.crackberry.com/blackberry-fli ... A15450.htm
FYI Blueshop.ca is also selling the same products at the same prices, however they only require $20 for free shipping (as opposed to crackberry's $50 for free SH). Also Blueshops warehouse is located in Quebec, so maybe it will ship faster?
FOR SALE
Shoes for sale, sz 10 - 11
100% Heatware/RFD/HoFo/eBay Feedback
May 11, 2012
90 posts
28 upvotes
Montreal
Can someone tell me what is the latest update available ?

I have 10.3.1.2558
Sep 11, 2007
61 posts
48 upvotes
munsifn wrote: FYI Blueshop.ca is also selling the same products at the same prices, however they only require $20 for free shipping (as opposed to crackberry's $50 for free SH). Also Blueshops warehouse is located in Quebec, so maybe it will ship faster?
Ordered a few cases from crackberry.com last month. Everything actually came from Blueshop in Quebec.
Apr 22, 2015
89 posts
31 upvotes
Stouffville, ON
beezus888 wrote: I called to make sure and they said they will continue to honour the plan so it seems like a no brainer. I may have a Z30 to sell then in the GTA. My dad has the end of the month to take advantage of the deal.
Or keep the Z30 for better clearer phone calls with the paratek antennae and sell the other :-). Juss Sayin'.
May 19, 2008
678 posts
265 upvotes
Good idea. The Z30 is a more superior phone than the Moto G2 with a better battery and antenna. My dad is hard of hearing so that is a better option. Thanks for the suggestion Bargaibhunter.
BargaibHunter wrote: Or keep the Z30 for better clearer phone calls with the paratek antennae and sell the other :-). Juss Sayin'.