2019 Air Miles Shop The Block

BC/AB/SK/MB/ON/NT - SHELL RETAIL - 5 BAMs WUS $ 10 or more in store on almost anything (Nov 14th thru Dec 27th)

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 26th, 2019 5:40 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Guru
Feb 7, 2017
14554 posts
11759 upvotes
Eastern Ontario

BC/AB/SK/MB/ON/NT - SHELL RETAIL - 5 BAMs WUS $ 10 or more in store on almost anything (Nov 14th thru Dec 27th)

OFFER

5 Bonus AirMiles @ SHELL When You Spend $ 10 or more on almost anything in store ... November 14th thru December 27th, 2019

COUPON STATUS - COUPON REQUIRED ... Coupon Bar Code is 4-99999-99391-0
Paper or E-Coupon (see TIPS & TRICKS Section in Reply # 1 below)

FINE PRINT

>>> Flying J Locations Excluded
Maximum 5 BAMs per Transaction
Maximum 20 BAMs per AMs Collector Account
Exclusions ... Shell GCs, Tobacco Products, Service Bay Repairs
OFFER STACKS with other offers
THREAD CREATED FROM THE COUPON BOOK
AND VERIFIED WITH THE STB WEBSITE
Last edited by PointsHubby on Nov 15th, 2019 6:30 pm, edited 4 times in total.
73 replies
[OP]
Deal Guru
Feb 7, 2017
14554 posts
11759 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
PLACE HOLDER
For
TIPS & TRICKS

* NOTE - Shell is notorious for not having their computers set up in time or their staff trained.
So this is one AMs PARTNER for sure worth waiting a few days on for the bugs to get worked out
Personally, we usually wait until after the first weekend, if an offer runs longer.

* When the Offer goes thru correctly ones Receipt should show PROMO 939

* If using a paper coupon for this Offer... the processing instructions are printed on the coupon for the Cashier
1. Add Product to transaction
2. Scan Coupon OR for Coupons presented on Mobile Devices, hit the “Enter UPC / PLU” on POS, then enter 00 049 999 999 391 (numbers only, no spaces)
3. Scan / Swipe / Enter AirMiles Card

Based on past BIG BONUS EVENTS the order seems important
So hand off the coupon first for scanning / entry ... AirMiles Card ... and lastly payment

* NOTE - ECoupons / Digital Coupons on Devices... based on past BIG BONUS EVENTS ... you may find that some Cashiers cannot process these (or don’t want to ... each Shell is a franchise, and some Owners May only want hard copy coupons). It’s an inconvenience ... but not much you can do about.
BEST ADVICE ... keep some coupons in your vehicle (either from the STB Booklets, or printed off the website)

* This is an excellent opportunity to stock up on Gift Cards
Just be aware:
- There are some GCs excluded from this STB Offer including Shell GCs
- And the MAXIMUM Earn per Transaction is 5 BAMs (so nothing extra if you spend more than $ 10)
- And the MAXIMUM Use per AMs Collector Account is 20 BAMs (so Offer can therefore be used up to 4 times)

And as ALWAYS one should use ways & means of ensuring the GC isn’t already, or will become compromised

Examples:

Spend $ 12 in store
Get 1 Base Mile / $ 10
Plus get 5 BAMs from this STB Offer
Total = 6 AMs

Spend $ 100 in store
Get 1 Base Mile / $ 10
Plus get 5 BAMs from this STB Offer
Total = 15 AMs

Result in both cases is 5 STB BAMs Earned
One can make up to 20 BAMs from this Offer
So up to 4 Transactions in total

* Look for GCs you can use at other STB PARTNERS ... then you can double dip / STACK Bonus Miles
In Ontario a popular one is LCBO

* And as always with any GC Purchases, be vigilant... look for signs of tampering
And it’s best to buy GCs in denominations where they can used in one go.
You don’t want to carry a balance.
As this is the most common way that Scammers & Thieves STEAL GCs ... they steal any pending balance once a card has been used the first time.
Last edited by PointsHubby on Nov 15th, 2019 6:34 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2013
2617 posts
1333 upvotes
Who is going to be the guinea pig for this offer? Please report what shows on your receipt.
May 8, 2015
319 posts
183 upvotes
East York, ON
During the previous STB event, I have bought a LCBO GC for more than $10, then spent that GC at LCBO which has brought me two completed STB offers.
Used to be my 1st STB spending, usually at day one.
Oct 22, 2012
408 posts
710 upvotes
Just a reminder that during past events Shell offers have had issues during the FIRST day of the Big Bonus campaigns (STB, MegaMiles). Best to wait until November 15th at least before using these offers, based on past experience of many RFDers.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Feb 7, 2017
14554 posts
11759 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
Leasiderin wrote: During the previous STB event, I have bought a LCBO GC for more than $10, then spent that GC at LCBO which has brought me two completed STB offers.
Agreed... will add to tips & tricks.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Feb 7, 2017
14554 posts
11759 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
Erumuh wrote: Just a reminder that during past events Shell offers have had issues during the FIRST day of the Big Bonus campaigns (STB, MegaMiles). Best to wait until November 15th at least before using these offers, based on past experience of many RFDers.
Agreed.

This tip of waiting a few days until things get going / established.. has been a long-standing item in the START HERE thread ... but without naming names.

I will be sure & add it here too to the Tips & Tricks.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2014
5059 posts
2683 upvotes
I just stopped by Shell to fill up using app and opt-in online. I also wanted to buy 5 car wash flex pass to take advantage of 100BAM offer while completing STB using coupon for another account. Guess what? The coupon wouldn’t scan and rejected when he manually entered too. So they told me to come back tomorrow as his system is not ready :(
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2013
2617 posts
1333 upvotes
mkl38s wrote: I just stopped by Shell to fill up using app and opt-in online. I also wanted to buy 5 car wash flex pass to take advantage of 100BAM offer while completing STB using coupon for another account. Guess what? The coupon wouldn’t scan and rejected when he manually entered too. So they told me to come back tomorrow as his system is not ready :(
As in the past, Shell is again 'not ready'. Please let us know when it works.
Jul 17, 2017
111 posts
49 upvotes
BC
I assume I can just pay for gas in store and get the BAM?
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2013
2617 posts
1333 upvotes
StickmansamV wrote: I assume I can just pay for gas in store and get the BAM?
If you mean buy $10 gas and pay inside with the coupon, gas is not specifically excluded. I do not want to test it because I'm trying to squeeze in a bonus offer for 4 x 25L in November, but would be interested in the experience of others.
Jul 31, 2008
235 posts
64 upvotes
StickmansamV wrote: I assume I can just pay for gas in store and get the BAM?
There's actually another STB Shell gas offer I see - fill up 25L get 5 air miles
With that in mind I don't think gas applies to this offer rather would apply to
Typical convenience store items such as
Gift Cards / Lotteries / chips / soft drinks / candy / coffee
Jul 31, 2008
235 posts
64 upvotes
Leasiderin wrote: During the previous STB event, I have bought a LCBO GC for more than $10, then spent that GC at LCBO which has brought me two completed STB offers.
Depending on your shell location, there are other ones available at their gift card rack.
Many times, I see Tim Horton's $15 GC (smaller denomination).
In my case, I'll probably stock up on a couple here (max 4 times per account).
Mar 31, 2005
992 posts
354 upvotes
Bought $10 LottoMax and received 6 Airmiles with code, make sure that they enter the offer code (promo 939)
Last edited by values99club on Nov 15th, 2019 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dec 14, 2017
100 posts
132 upvotes
Spent $10 in store (lotto and Rock Star drinks). Scanned code no problems. Promo 939 appears as an item and at the bottom it references "5 miles - Shop The Block In-Store offer."

Seems fine to me.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)