2019 Air Miles Shop The Block

BC/AB/SK/MB/ON/YT/NT/NU - REXALL - 20 BAMs WUS $ 40 or more in store (Dec 2nd thru Dec 15th)

  • Last Updated:
  • Dec 16th, 2019 1:30 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2013
1201 posts
1562 upvotes
West
Ilikedealsss wrote: I spent $51 before tax, used $8 manufacturer coupons (not FPC, just $ off coupons), and used the $5 Rexall survey coupon, I got neither 100 bonus AM nor $15 Rexall gift coupon w/$50+ spend, but I did get 2 base AM and 20 bonus AM from STB offer. I though if the cashier did something wrong but she said she did everything correct, but no screen popup to let her to select 100 AM or $15 gift coupon. I assumed the $5 survey coupon is fine to use (proof from previous posts), the problem is the manufacturer coupons. Did someone have same issue?

The manager was nice and hand me $15 gift coupon, but told me next time I had to spend $50 before manufacturer coupons and tax to get such bonus.
There is no issue. By your logic, if there’s a BOGO sale, you should get points/rewards off of buying two products instead of one. The manager gave you the correct reason and was more than generous with you. Most stores treat coupons as a discount, not like a cash payment. I, for some reason, think SDM may be an exception... don’t quote me on that.

What is interesting is how you luckily got your STB bonus with that purchase. Looks like the $5 survey coupon CAN be counted as cash, so theoretically you could make the $40 spend, use the $5 survey coupon, and AM will be none the wiser.
Member
Dec 8, 2008
264 posts
245 upvotes
Winnipeg
Phonophoresis wrote: Most stores treat coupons as a discount, not like a cash payment. I, for some reason, think SDM may be an exception... don’t quote me on that.

Safeway and Sobey also treat coupons and FPC as cash payments.
Sr. Member
Feb 11, 2008
508 posts
46 upvotes
Thank all for the replies. I normally shop at SDM for points event ($ off coupon as cash payment, FPC as discount), I only shop at Rexal for STB, though they have same logic.
Sr. Member
Feb 11, 2008
508 posts
46 upvotes
marmalade12 wrote: Safeway and Sobey also treat coupons and FPC as cash payments.
a little out of this topic, if Sobey treats FPC as cash payment, does it mean that I can use FPC lower my actual spent under $50 and still meet 5x mile w/$50+ STB offer?
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2013
1201 posts
1562 upvotes
West
marmalade12 wrote: Safeway and Sobey also treat coupons and FPC as cash payments.
Thanks for chiming in. Guess I wasn’t aware of those since I don’t have either near me.
Member
Dec 8, 2008
264 posts
245 upvotes
Winnipeg
Ilikedealsss wrote: a little out of this topic, if Sobey treats FPC as cash payment, does it mean that I can use FPC lower my actual spent under $50 and still meet 5x mile w/$50+ STB offer?
Yes. For sure. I used my Persil laundry soap FPC ($14) and my OOP total was less than $50 and I got the STB bonus.
Sr. Member
Feb 11, 2008
508 posts
46 upvotes
marmalade12 wrote: Yes. For sure. I used my Persil laundry soap FPC ($14) and my OOP total was less than $50 and I got the STB bonus.
good to know, will start my shopping list, thanks!
Member
Sep 9, 2005
224 posts
20 upvotes
Ilikedealsss wrote: I spent $51 before tax, used $8 manufacturer coupons (not FPC, just $ off coupons), and used the $5 Rexall survey coupon, I got neither 100 bonus AM nor $15 Rexall gift coupon w/$50+ spend, but I did get 2 base AM and 20 bonus AM from STB offer. I though if the cashier did something wrong but she said she did everything correct, but no screen popup to let her to select 100 AM or $15 gift coupon. I assumed the $5 survey coupon is fine to use (proof from previous posts), the problem is the manufacturer coupons. Did someone have same issue?

The manager was nice and hand me $15 gift coupon, but told me next time I had to spend $50 before manufacturer coupons and tax to get such bonus.
Yes, same situation, the manufacturer coupons are treated as discount and $5 survey coupon is treated as payment. So spend after coupons seems to be over $50 to get the 100AM or $15 gift coupon.
Deal Addict
Mar 27, 2006
2214 posts
1241 upvotes
Ontario
reddeals wrote: If redeem airmiles for $40 spend at Rexall, does it still qualify for shop the block offer?
Yes it does. See below.
Ilikedealsss wrote: I spent $51 before tax, used $8 manufacturer coupons (not FPC, just $ off coupons), and used the $5 Rexall survey coupon, I got neither 100 bonus AM nor $15 Rexall gift coupon w/$50+ spend, but I did get 2 base AM and 20 bonus AM from STB offer. I though if the cashier did something wrong but she said she did everything correct, but no screen popup to let her to select 100 AM or $15 gift coupon. I assumed the $5 survey coupon is fine to use (proof from previous posts), the problem is the manufacturer coupons. Did someone have same issue?

The manager was nice and hand me $15 gift coupon, but told me next time I had to spend $50 after manufacturer coupons and before tax to get such bonus.
Last year, I tested MFG $ off coupons and the $5 survey coupons with the cashier.

After inputting the MFG coupon (taking it below the threshold), the prompt for the promo free Rexall Savings Card didn’t come up on her screen, so I went to get more products to cover the MFG coupon amount. Sure enough the prompt then came up on her screen to give me the card.

Shown below is my receipt from last night - a DP for the future:

6B62AA2C-F643-4F1B-BDB2-9249CA60750B.jpeg

1. MFG coupon is taken off BEFORE sub-total (treated like a discount)
2. $5 survey coupon is taken off AFTER taxes (treated like cash)
3. Redeemed 475 AMs and got both offers 100 BAMs WUS $50 and 20 STB BAMs.

Note Subtotal amount is just above $50 and tax is based on the pre-coupon amount.

FYI I also shop at SDM. $ off MFG coupons are treated as cash there.

The cost of the product I purchased using net 353 AM equals Costco’s “sale” price (which happens only once per year).

So the additional STB 1200 BAMs is gravy on top.

EDIT: the 120 BAMs already posted! Bought last night. That was quick!

8AC91B13-CEC7-4032-8C80-0F36D3210694.jpeg
Last edited by kiiaal on Dec 9th, 2019 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Feb 7, 2017
14495 posts
11703 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
Got the Rexall STB Offer done this weekend
Spent just over $ 50 (20 BAMs WUS $ 40+)
And STACKED it with this Weekend’s (100 BAMs WUS $ 50+)
Plus the 2 Base Miles
All added up = 122 Miles
Plus it’s POSTED already

This makes 5 STB OFFERS done on each of 2 Cards
Slow & Steady Progress heading towards 7 + 1 in total
Deal Addict
Mar 27, 2006
2214 posts
1241 upvotes
Ontario
PointsHubby wrote: Got the Rexall STB Offer done this weekend
Spent just over $ 50 (20 BAMs WUS $ 40+)
And STACKED it with this Weekend’s (100 BAMs WUS $ 50+)
Plus the 2 Base Miles
All added up = 122 Miles
Plus it’s POSTED already

This makes 5 STB OFFERS done on each of 2 Cards
Slow & Steady Progress heading towards 7 + 1 in total
Rexall was my 8th. Thought about returning the Rona glue but I only paid about $5 taxes in (not factoring in the STB 20 BAMs). Decided to keep it...save time from returning it and it’s cheap insurance in case Air Miles screws up tallying up my 7 Partners :)
[OP]
Deal Guru
Feb 7, 2017
14495 posts
11703 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
kiiaal wrote: Rexall was my 8th. Thought about returning the Rona glue but I only paid about $5 taxes in (not factoring in the STB 20 BAMs). Decided to keep it...save time from returning it and it’s cheap insurance in case Air Miles screws up tallying up my 7 Partners :)
Agree

And when all is said & done if you can’t use it
You can always donate it ... as another RFDer suggested to Habitat for Humanity
They do good work helping well deserving Working Poor folks build a foundation on changing their future ... and that of their children
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Apr 10, 2003
5630 posts
1168 upvotes
Toronto
OGFree99 wrote: Amplii is offering $10 cb WUS $30
did you use the amplii offer? did the CB posted yet? I shopped on Sunday, but no CB yet.
Newbie
Oct 30, 2019
29 posts
38 upvotes
ricedion wrote: did you use the amplii offer? did the CB posted yet? I shopped on Sunday, but no CB yet.
I shopped on Friday (Dec 6) and received amplii $10 + 1% today (Tuesday Dec 10) but it does say it can take 5 business days. Now waiting on the 3 business days for them to cash out via email money transfer.
Sr. Member
User avatar
Mar 31, 2005
992 posts
354 upvotes
For those of you that missed the 100 bonus airmiles when you spend $50...

Rexall has a new promo running from December 13 to 15, 2019...
100 bonus airmiles when you spend $30+ on select Rexall brands...

Top

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)