[BC Fasteners] Bosch GCM12SD 12″ Dual Bevel Glide Mitre Saw $599

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 31st, 2019 8:02 pm
May 31, 2007
295 posts
160 upvotes
Zamboni wrote:
Mar 31st, 2019 10:36 am
I have used other contractors dewalt miter saw and find they aren't accurate on a long bevelled cut.....the saw will track one way on a cut, make a few adjustments (sneaking up on a tight fit) so the saw should shave 1/8 down to nothing and the saw then cuts 1/8 to 1/4 fr example.
There are complaints on woodworking sites about the Dewalt 1 linear bearing/one bushing system similar to this one:
https://toolguyd.com/dewalt-sliding-mit ... ngs-issue/

I have a 10 year old Jet 12 compound mitre saw that tracks better than a new Dewalt no matter how 'tuned up' the Dewalt is. Makes the Dewalt saw owners crazy if you bring this up so I probably shouldn't have posted. No experience with the new Bosch saws, if I was in the market researching how stiiff/accurate those pivots work compared to a guide rail system would be most important
So you've used "other" peoples saws and encountered this issue (which it really isnt an issue, I own both saws and they get used 300 times a day and the dewalt tracks as good as the bosch) then linked a 5 year old woodworkers forum.... cool story bro....
Jan 19, 2006
820 posts
40 upvotes
Wow that’s not a biased review at all lol.
Half of those Bosch cons are pretty silly.
How often are you going to change a blade? Who cares if it takes half a minute longer. The bending joints might pinch a cord or finger? Really?
It’s heavier, if you carry it around I guess by most people have it set up in their home or garage permanently. Not trucking it around.
I’m a Dewalt fan and have had a Bosch slider. The Bosch did flex side to side over the Dewalt. I didn’t like that because it can cause kickback. Which happened.

However the Bosch is the only space saving slider or there next to the Festool Kapex that any good.
"...I will not be limited."