6389 posts
4408 upvotes
Kitchener

BC Fasteners / Home Depot - Milwaukee M12 Fuel Hackzall (Bare Tool) w FS - $119

Deal Link:
Price:
Savings:
$60 off
Saw that the M12 Fuel Hackzall was $129 at Home Depot. Had trouble finding a store with stock, orders kept getting cancelled (phantom stock?). Eventually I ordered from BC Fasteners with their free shipping promo (over $99).

USE $10 PROMO CODE to bring price down to $119: 2020new10

I think it's a pretty good deal for the Fuel version.

https://www.homedepot.ca/product/milwau ... 1000835732

https://bcfasteners.com/shop/milwaukee- ... recip-saw/

Last edited by Rob_EV on Jul 7th, 2020 11:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
26 replies
Sep 24, 2018
25 posts
22 upvotes
Promo code: 2020new10 gets you an extra $10 off.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Sep 10, 2008
6389 posts
4408 upvotes
Kitchener
Nitrocide wrote: Promo code: 2020new10 gets you an extra $10 off.
DAMNIT :(
Sep 24, 2018
25 posts
22 upvotes
If you did the order recently, call them and let them know that you forgot to put the promo code and maybe they can fix it for you.
Jan 15, 2009
85 posts
70 upvotes
Ottawa
WOOT! In for one. Thanks OP and thanks Nitro for the discount code
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2018
3179 posts
3248 upvotes
Vancouver
Buy! I have one of these, great tool, cost me $149 as a bare tool from HD. I've bought other tools from BC Fasteners, no issues.
Last edited by Scote64 on Jul 7th, 2020 12:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 11, 2001
8586 posts
799 upvotes
The non-fuel is free with the battery purchase at Homedepot... not sure how much better the Fuel is vs the non-Fuel... brushless I assume and much better build quality.

Good deal OP.
...zzz...zzz...zzz...

www.heatware.com
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2018
3179 posts
3248 upvotes
Vancouver
sleepyguy wrote: The non-fuel is free with the battery purchase at Homedepot... not sure how much better the Fuel is vs the non-Fuel... brushless I assume and much better build quality.
Why would there be a difference in build quality? They're both Milwaukee M12. The Fuel version with the brushless motor is a little bigger and heavier, but more powerful and has a slightly longer cutting stroke, better for cutting wood and metal. Both can be used one handed. Both go through the battery fairly quickly, so need at least a 4ah battery. Keep in mind that these are not as powerful as the M18 version, which in turn is not as powerful as a corded reciprocating saw, so don't expect to do heavy-duty jobs (although there is a Youtube video of somebody cutting through an old 12" oak beam with a long blade on the M12 Fuel Hackzall. It took more than half an hour, a couple of battery charges, and frequent pauses to let the tool cool down - but it made it!).
Last edited by Scote64 on Jul 7th, 2020 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 11, 2001
8586 posts
799 upvotes
I've found Fuel ones to have better build quality... maybe just me. I have both the M12 Fuel impact + drill and the M12 non-fuel impact + drill. The quality in build quality is very noticible. I assume the same would be for the Hackzal.
Scote64 wrote: Why would there be a difference in build quality? They're both Milwaukee M12. The Fuel version with the brushless motor is a little bigger and heavier, but more powerful and has a slightly longer cutting stroke, better for cutting wood and metal. Both can be used one handed. Both go through the battery fairly quickly, so need at least a 4ah battery.
...zzz...zzz...zzz...

www.heatware.com
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Sep 10, 2008
6389 posts
4408 upvotes
Kitchener
Nitrocide wrote: If you did the order recently, call them and let them know that you forgot to put the promo code and maybe they can fix it for you.
They adjusted over the phone! No issues.
Deal Addict
Jul 27, 2015
1801 posts
1068 upvotes
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Most important thing about the Fuel Line is......

The 5 year Warranty! So keep that RECEIPT
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2018
3179 posts
3248 upvotes
Vancouver
sleepyguy wrote: I've found Fuel ones to have better build quality... maybe just me. I have both the M12 Fuel impact + drill and the M12 non-fuel impact + drill. The quality in build quality is very noticible. I assume the same would be for the Hackzal.
I have a mix of M12 Fuel and non-Fuel tools. No difference in quality. The older Fuel tools emphasized power as the advantage of the brushless motor, so they tend to be a bit beefier, while the newer Fuel lineup emphasizes battery life and compact size instead.
Deal Addict
Jun 9, 2011
1341 posts
722 upvotes
Toronto
I have the fuel version, it's so good. All the wood works, shrubs trimming, twigs cutting.

However, I'm using it much more to cut up large boxes for recycling....
Deal Addict
Jul 27, 2015
1801 posts
1068 upvotes
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
yellowmp5 wrote: I have the fuel version, it's so good. All the wood works, shrubs trimming, twigs cutting.

However, I'm using it much more to cut up large boxes for recycling....
Never thought of that. I'm gonna use my Sawzall to chop up boxes. Thanks!