Expired Hot Deals

BC Fasteners / Home Depot - Milwaukee M12 Fuel Hackzall (Bare Tool) w FS - $119

  • Last Updated:
  • Jul 9th, 2020 10:19 pm
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Sep 10, 2008
9135 posts
7170 upvotes
Kitchener

BC Fasteners / Home Depot - Milwaukee M12 Fuel Hackzall (Bare Tool) w FS - $119

Deal Link:
Price:
119
Savings:
$60 off
Saw that the M12 Fuel Hackzall was $129 at Home Depot. Had trouble finding a store with stock, orders kept getting cancelled (phantom stock?). Eventually I ordered from BC Fasteners with their free shipping promo (over $99).

USE $10 PROMO CODE to bring price down to $119: 2020new10

I think it's a pretty good deal for the Fuel version.

https://www.homedepot.ca/product/milwau ... 1000835732

https://bcfasteners.com/shop/milwaukee- ... recip-saw/



Image
Last edited by Rob_EV on Jul 7th, 2020 11:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
26 replies
Newbie
Sep 24, 2018
37 posts
39 upvotes
Promo code: 2020new10 gets you an extra $10 off.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Sep 10, 2008
9135 posts
7170 upvotes
Kitchener
Nitrocide wrote: Promo code: 2020new10 gets you an extra $10 off.
DAMNIT :(
Newbie
Sep 24, 2018
37 posts
39 upvotes
If you did the order recently, call them and let them know that you forgot to put the promo code and maybe they can fix it for you.
Jr. Member
User avatar
Jan 15, 2009
134 posts
149 upvotes
New Brunswickistan
WOOT! In for one. Thanks OP and thanks Nitro for the discount code
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2018
5328 posts
5489 upvotes
Vancouver
Buy! I have one of these, great tool, cost me $149 as a bare tool from HD. I've bought other tools from BC Fasteners, no issues.
Last edited by Scote64 on Jul 7th, 2020 12:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jun 11, 2001
9434 posts
1578 upvotes
The non-fuel is free with the battery purchase at Homedepot... not sure how much better the Fuel is vs the non-Fuel... brushless I assume and much better build quality.

Good deal OP.
...zzz...zzz...zzz...

www.heatware.com
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2018
5328 posts
5489 upvotes
Vancouver
sleepyguy wrote: The non-fuel is free with the battery purchase at Homedepot... not sure how much better the Fuel is vs the non-Fuel... brushless I assume and much better build quality.
Why would there be a difference in build quality? They're both Milwaukee M12. The Fuel version with the brushless motor is a little bigger and heavier, but more powerful and has a slightly longer cutting stroke, better for cutting wood and metal. Both can be used one handed. Both go through the battery fairly quickly, so need at least a 4ah battery. Keep in mind that these are not as powerful as the M18 version, which in turn is not as powerful as a corded reciprocating saw, so don't expect to do heavy-duty jobs (although there is a Youtube video of somebody cutting through an old 12" oak beam with a long blade on the M12 Fuel Hackzall. It took more than half an hour, a couple of battery charges, and frequent pauses to let the tool cool down - but it made it!).
Last edited by Scote64 on Jul 7th, 2020 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Jun 11, 2001
9434 posts
1578 upvotes
I've found Fuel ones to have better build quality... maybe just me. I have both the M12 Fuel impact + drill and the M12 non-fuel impact + drill. The quality in build quality is very noticible. I assume the same would be for the Hackzal.
Scote64 wrote: Why would there be a difference in build quality? They're both Milwaukee M12. The Fuel version with the brushless motor is a little bigger and heavier, but more powerful and has a slightly longer cutting stroke, better for cutting wood and metal. Both can be used one handed. Both go through the battery fairly quickly, so need at least a 4ah battery.
...zzz...zzz...zzz...

www.heatware.com
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Sep 10, 2008
9135 posts
7170 upvotes
Kitchener
Nitrocide wrote: If you did the order recently, call them and let them know that you forgot to put the promo code and maybe they can fix it for you.
They adjusted over the phone! No issues.
Deal Addict
Jul 27, 2015
4255 posts
5033 upvotes
Vegas Golden Knights
Most important thing about the Fuel Line is......


The 5 year Warranty! So keep that RECEIPT
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2018
5328 posts
5489 upvotes
Vancouver
sleepyguy wrote: I've found Fuel ones to have better build quality... maybe just me. I have both the M12 Fuel impact + drill and the M12 non-fuel impact + drill. The quality in build quality is very noticible. I assume the same would be for the Hackzal.
I have a mix of M12 Fuel and non-Fuel tools. No difference in quality. The older Fuel tools emphasized power as the advantage of the brushless motor, so they tend to be a bit beefier, while the newer Fuel lineup emphasizes battery life and compact size instead.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Jun 9, 2011
1516 posts
906 upvotes
Toronto
I have the fuel version, it's so good. All the wood works, shrubs trimming, twigs cutting.

However, I'm using it much more to cut up large boxes for recycling....
Deal Addict
Jul 27, 2015
4255 posts
5033 upvotes
Vegas Golden Knights
yellowmp5 wrote: I have the fuel version, it's so good. All the wood works, shrubs trimming, twigs cutting.

However, I'm using it much more to cut up large boxes for recycling....
Never thought of that. I'm gonna use my Sawzall to chop up boxes. Thanks!
Deal Addict
Jul 27, 2015
4255 posts
5033 upvotes
Vegas Golden Knights
keyser-soze wrote: Ok so almost ordered this as I have wanted it for a while now... But just backed off cause I already own the DeWalt XR V20 reciprocating saw : https://www.dewalt.com/products/power-t ... ly/dcs367b

Do I need this if I have the DeWalt? Need some guidance.
If you got the $. More tools are always good.
The hackzall is nice because you can use it one handed and its more gentle then a Sawzall (reciprocating saw)
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Sep 10, 2008
9135 posts
7170 upvotes
Kitchener
keyser-soze wrote: Ok so almost ordered this as I have wanted it for a while now... But just backed off cause I already own the DeWalt XR V20 reciprocating saw : https://www.dewalt.com/products/power-t ... ly/dcs367b

Do I need this if I have the DeWalt? Need some guidance.
If you're invested in DeWalt, I honestly see no reason to start investing in Milwaukee. It's a small step up in terms of quality, not worth it.
Newbie
Nov 24, 2013
84 posts
62 upvotes
Victoria, BC, Canada
Can anyone give their thoughts on hackzall 12v vs 18v? Obviously power would be the biggest point. I have both battery types. Thanks
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Sep 10, 2008
9135 posts
7170 upvotes
Kitchener
yermomsmom wrote: Can anyone give their thoughts on hackzall 12v vs 18v? Obviously power would be the biggest point. I have both battery types. Thanks
Whole point of Hackzall over Sawzall is to be a small, portable one handed device. M12 tools are smaller & lighter than M18. Would personally go with the M12 for the Hackzall.
Deal Addict
Dec 7, 2004
1400 posts
180 upvotes
Toronto
keyser-soze wrote: Ok so almost ordered this as I have wanted it for a while now... But just backed off cause I already own the DeWalt XR V20 reciprocating saw : https://www.dewalt.com/products/power-t ... ly/dcs367b

Do I need this if I have the DeWalt? Need some guidance.
If you do any tree pruning get a hackzall. I had to cut some 5-6" branches about 15' up a ladder. You can use one hand to hold on / guide the branch and the other to cut. With a regular sawzall you need both hands.

Top