BC Fasteners / Home Depot - Milwaukee M12 Fuel Hackzall (Bare Tool) w FS - $119

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 9th, 2020 10:19 pm
Deal Addict
Jul 27, 2015
1952 posts
1259 upvotes
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
keyser-soze wrote: Ok so almost ordered this as I have wanted it for a while now... But just backed off cause I already own the DeWalt XR V20 reciprocating saw : https://www.dewalt.com/products/power-t ... ly/dcs367b

Do I need this if I have the DeWalt? Need some guidance.
If you got the $. More tools are always good.
The hackzall is nice because you can use it one handed and its more gentle then a Sawzall (reciprocating saw)
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Sep 10, 2008
6516 posts
4527 upvotes
Kitchener
keyser-soze wrote: Ok so almost ordered this as I have wanted it for a while now... But just backed off cause I already own the DeWalt XR V20 reciprocating saw : https://www.dewalt.com/products/power-t ... ly/dcs367b

If you're invested in DeWalt, I honestly see no reason to start investing in Milwaukee. It's a small step up in terms of quality, not worth it.
Nov 24, 2013
54 posts
37 upvotes
Victoria, BC, Canada
Can anyone give their thoughts on hackzall 12v vs 18v? Obviously power would be the biggest point. I have both battery types. Thanks
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Sep 10, 2008
6516 posts
4527 upvotes
Kitchener
yermomsmom wrote: Can anyone give their thoughts on hackzall 12v vs 18v? Obviously power would be the biggest point. I have both battery types. Thanks
Whole point of Hackzall over Sawzall is to be a small, portable one handed device. M12 tools are smaller & lighter than M18. Would personally go with the M12 for the Hackzall.
Deal Addict
Dec 7, 2004
1372 posts
162 upvotes
Toronto

If you do any tree pruning get a hackzall. I had to cut some 5-6" branches about 15' up a ladder. You can use one hand to hold on / guide the branch and the other to cut. With a regular sawzall you need both hands.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 11, 2001
8731 posts
908 upvotes
Demo work... if you're a contractor it's a no brainer to go M18. Household stuff I would go with the M12... you'll mostly be using it for pruning trees, cutting cardboard up and cutting up the occasional metal steel rod or whatever. If you plan on cutting a lot of metal I would invest in a portable bandsaw instead, M12 and M18 has those both as well. No sparks, less noise than a grinder (although grinder is such an awesome versatile tool), when cutting metal.
yermomsmom wrote: Can anyone give their thoughts on hackzall 12v vs 18v? Obviously power would be the biggest point. I have both battery types. Thanks
...zzz...zzz...zzz...

www.heatware.com
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2018
3443 posts
3554 upvotes
Vancouver
Hard to say. They can both be used one-handed, but the M18 Fuel Hackzall is about 1/3 heavier than the M12, counting the also-heavier battery. The M18 version has significantly more power and a longer cutting stroke, making it potentially useful for more jobs. The choice really depends on which is more important to you - lighter weight and easier to wield one-handed, or greater power and ability to do heaver-duty work when needed.
Aug 3, 2005
80 posts
41 upvotes
worldwide
Ordered one, used some leftover PayPal money. Sounds like solid deal. THX OP
#shelfclear
#startthecar
Sep 1, 2006
375 posts
6 upvotes
Toronto
Coupon "2020new10" does not exist!
Oct 6, 2007
283 posts
49 upvotes
Mississauga
I got this last month or so from BC fasteners. Great prices and quick delivery to Ontario .

When I compared this to my 12 volt Sawzall by Bosch; the vibration is next to nothing on the Milwaukee!
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Sep 10, 2008
6516 posts
4527 upvotes
Kitchener
MrJuGgz wrote: Coupon "2020new10" does not exist!
Weird, worked when I called in to adjust. Maybe they ditched the coupon as soon as people took advantage?