• Last Updated:
  • Feb 17th, 2019 9:47 pm
Tags:
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2007
4993 posts
6152 upvotes

[BC] Good ISP Resellers?

Currently with CIK Telecom paying $29.99 for 30/3Mbps, unlimited internet. They have congestion issues during the evening, so I want to look at other providers.

What are some good alternatives for something comparable to what I have now? I'm not going with Shaw or Telus.
6 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2018
2157 posts
3003 upvotes
I was with lightspeed.ca on cable without any congestion issue in the past two years or so. Price was competitive and customer service was solid. Their 30/5 price is just $33. Which is well worth the price in my opinion.
Feb 16, 2019
4 posts
1 upvote
I've heard good things about Novus, Lightspeed and Teksavvy
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2007
4993 posts
6152 upvotes
Cucumference wrote: The service in question was in Delta.
OK I'm curious because I am currently experiencing network congestion in the evenings with CIK (Shaw), by switching to Lightspeed (Shaw), I am concerned that the network congestion may still occur since they are essentially still using Shaw as their backbone.

Is this something that I should be concerned?
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2018
2157 posts
3003 upvotes
AsianXL wrote: OK I'm curious because I am currently experiencing network congestion in the evenings with CIK (Shaw), by switching to Lightspeed (Shaw), I am concerned that the network congestion may still occur since they are essentially still using Shaw as their backbone.

Is this something that I should be concerned?
CIK and lightspeed still has to use their own backbone. Shaw is the one handling the last miles for the two. It is definitely not the same.

As for whether it is something you should be concerned, it is not something easy to determine. Every ISP can have problem. Shaw itself still has issue occasionally. Though I have to say lightspeed was overall satisfactory, I was a very heavy user. YMMV of course.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)