• Last Updated:
  • Jul 3rd, 2019 1:00 pm
[OP]
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
53811 posts
18758 upvotes

[BC] HELP - Issue with a Tenant, potentially running a Cannabis dispensary

One of my virtual friends is caught in the following situation. Sorry for the language but I don't think English is his first:

well one of the tenant's lease with us doesn't expire until end of October this year. he want to get out of the lease because he got no money to pay the rent. we decided to hire a Realtor to find another because he is not going to renew it. at the same time the exist tenant also find someone to take over his lease so he could get out. he found couple guys, non of them meet our requirement, there was one doctor want to lease the place for church administration offer use. since he is doctor we trust him. after signing 3 year lease a month ago. my other tenant tell me their priest is trying run the premise into cannabis dispenser. but the city no dispenser are allow.

the original tenant is gone (scot-free)
the new doctor already moved in
the priest is working for the doctor.

He wants to know how he can obtain proof and whether he needs a lawyer to evict the doctor for dispensing marijuana, which he says is not allowed in the city where his dad's property is
2 replies
Oct 21, 2013
259 posts
102 upvotes
waterloo, on
you need to get in touch with a lawyer who can guide you through the laws and eviction process.
Royal LePage Realtor
[OP]
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
53811 posts
18758 upvotes
Any lawyer recommendations in the the lower mainland? I think the property may be in Surrey or Richmond or somewhere close enough.