Feb 13, 2004
812 posts
143 upvotes
Vancouver

[BC] BC Hydro various lighting discounts Apr 6-27th

Deal Link:
Retailer:
BC Hydro
BC Hydro has various discounts on lighting from now until April 27th.
https://www.bchydro.com/powersmart/resi ... deals.html

Dissapointed we arent getting the type of smart thermostat deals energy companies in Ontario are offering.

Could be a decent deal. There is another thread mentioning you can get a google home mini at Best Buy for $49.99 with promo code BBYGG77.
$30 off Google Home Mini at Best Buy With the purchase of a qualifying smart home item. Discount by Google.
https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/energy-reb ... _smarthome
Last edited by Twism on Apr 6th, 2018 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
9 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2007
2530 posts
1872 upvotes
Prince George
I don’t see anything restricting these offers to the “GVR”. They appear to be for all of BC.
[OP]
Feb 13, 2004
812 posts
143 upvotes
Vancouver
cheaper_than_cheap wrote: I don’t see anything restricting these offers to the “GVR”. They appear to be for all of BC.
Updated.
Apr 2, 2009
277 posts
311 upvotes
vancouver
Anyone see any rebates on LED bulbs at Costco this year?
I used to have a handle on life, but it broke.
Oct 13, 2015
159 posts
3 upvotes
Vancouver
$74.99 plus save $20 instantly
SINOPE Programmable Thermostat

Is this a good deal, $55?
Feb 23, 2012
46 posts
71 upvotes
BC
ziyizhu9 wrote: $74.99 plus save $20 instantly
SINOPE Programmable Thermostat

Is this a good deal, $55?
Yeah this is not bad, they very rarely go on sale. I currently have about 8 of them throughout my house. Sinope did raise the price by $10 about a year ago. This is the lowest I have ever seen them, apart from a similar price a few years ago during bb friends and family event.

Just a reminder however you would need their smart hub aswell to be able to connect to them through WiFi and program them.

I love then so far very easy to use and program. Only downside is they are not very compatible with other smart home products. Some have connected them through Samsung smart things but with some difficulty.
Sep 17, 2005
551 posts
25 upvotes
YVR
good price on the Sinope thermos, still have a couple of them but going to all mysa now as they are compatible with GH and Alexa which is important to me
XBL - airjordan604 | PSN - airjordan604
Apr 4, 2018
777 posts
194 upvotes
kurtschmitz wrote: Yeah this is not bad, they very rarely go on sale. I currently have about 8 of them throughout my house. Sinope did raise the price by $10 about a year ago. This is the lowest I have ever seen them, apart from a similar price a few years ago during bb friends and family event.

Just a reminder however you would need their smart hub aswell to be able to connect to them through WiFi and program them.

I love then so far very easy to use and program. Only downside is they are not very compatible with other smart home products. Some have connected them through Samsung smart things but with some difficulty.
airjordan604 wrote: good price on the Sinope thermos, still have a couple of them but going to all mysa now as they are compatible with GH and Alexa which is important to me
Dumb question but - how do you have multiple thermostats? Do you have wiring everywhere?
Feb 23, 2012
46 posts
71 upvotes
BC
mountaintree wrote: Dumb question but - how do you have multiple thermostats? Do you have wiring everywhere?
These are designed for Electric Baseboard heaters, so each room has high voltage wiring which goes from the electrical panel, to the thermostat in each room, to each baseboard heater. So to answer your question, yes we have wiring everywhere.